Kiper Comments on Dolphins in 4/23 Draft Chat | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiper Comments on Dolphins in 4/23 Draft Chat

only if Andrews is not there should we look at WR

Given the needs of our O-line, if Andrews is there at 20, I seriously hope that we grab him...

4 reasons:

1) WR is an extremely deep position and we can take another in the later rounds who we can use, and probably will be more adapt to be used, in the slot position

2) we won't rock the boat with Boston and risk upsetting the status quo on who our star WRs are/will be (however, we could if we take a Clayton or Woods in the 1st)

3) Andrews is a mauler of a lineman who we greatly need to open holes for RW to run through (why would we not take him if he's there - especially givent he fact that some think he may go in the top 12)

4) we have a bigger need at OL than at WR (this is at multiple levels)

Of course, if Andrews is gone, depending on who is left on the board in terms of WRs, I say we trade down to get more picks...drop off of quality dictates this...

thoughts!?!?!

ZOD said:
You wouldn't have called Tommy Hendricks depth last year neither. I know I didn't.

The days of quality depth sitting on the bench are over.

All you have sitting there is potential.

What's that Parcells phrase: "potential means you haven't done anything good yet"

everything written says that IF Andrews is there, we take him but since OL is soooo weak behind Gallery it is hard to say if there are any other OLmen besides Andrews and Gallery worthy of the #20 pick. The dilemna Andrews is gone which Kiper translates into Clayton is that old value for the pick theory. If guys like Smiley or Carey are supposed to be at pick 25 or below, somehow we are not supposed to take them at 20. :hmmm: Quite suttle, but supposedly it is much easier to tell if a WR can play than a OLmen so that the WR pick, i.e. Williams or Clayton is easier and safer. But there is no doubt that we will go OL (unless the Rogers, Dorseys, etc are gone) with #3 if we go WR with #1.

Fact is the Dolphins are as good as any team in the NFL if they had a OL that played great. That weak spot is practically impossible to overcome. So either we ge OL help or we are doomed.

Back
Top Bottom