Kiper Gets Slammed | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiper Gets Slammed

Mel Kiper looks like he could be Matthew PErry's brother from Friends. Anyone else see that or is it just me?

Kiper does ok with his picks and he puts together a good program for the fans to watch the draft, but after watching the first round, every thing he said about players started sounding the same...maybe it was just me...I also thought that this was ESPN's worst draft program in years...

Actually you know what's quite funny abour this. The New England Patriots were rated by Kiper as having a really good draft and even the New England media was ripping into him today. They were saying that he is nothing more than entertainment and nobody knows for sure whether any highly touted draft picks will pan out. They mentioned how kiper is not a scout also.

Maybe it's time for Mel Kiper to start doing commercials for a shampoo company.

Mel Kiper gets his info from scouts!

Enough said!

He would know as much as you and I would if we were to interview team scouts and college recruiters.

Samphin said:
Mel Kiper looks like he could be Matthew PErry's brother from Friends. Anyone else see that or is it just me?

I think he looks like Quentin Tarantino with a quof.

Section126 said:
Say what you want.....But all the teams buy that stupid blue Kiper book.

I highly doubt that.

Team's don't buy books from Mel Kiper, Frank Coyle, and anyone else that makes a publication out of evaluations.

Teams do their own evaluations. Any information they get from an outside source comes from BLESTO.

Section126 said:
Say what you want.....But all the teams buy that stupid blue Kiper book.

yea so they can compare and contrast it. kiper collects information, then he tweaks it and makes it look good, which does not mean he can evaluate talent.

Surferosa said:
Kiper predicted more players in the top 100 than any other national publication that covered the draft. He also had the most accurate Mock draft of any publication. Say what you want about him, but he is the one of the best at what he does.
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Kiper predict that Ryan Leaf was a better quarterback than Peyton Manning.

This is the way I see it guys.Inteast of listening to what Kiper or any other of those guys have to say, I have a better way of knowing if the players drafted wrere good or bad picks. I wait 3 or 4 years and then I know. Tha's how I do it. I can't believe that people haven't learn this yet. It takes 3 to 4 years to know how good or bad a draft was for any team. I like to think that Pape was a good pick and I feel that he's gonna be a good player for us. But I won't know this any time this week. We're all gonna know in 3 or 4 years if we picked the right guys. Anything else is just talk.

Ozzy rules!!

zachrules said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Kiper predict that Ryan Leaf was a better quarterback than Peyton Manning.

Wrong......

Actually he said that Leaf had better physical tools...but he did say that Peyton was a can't miss future hall of famer........

KBISBACK said:
I highly doubt that.

Team's don't buy books from Mel Kiper, Frank Coyle, and anyone else that makes a publication out of evaluations.

Teams do their own evaluations. Any information they get from an outside source comes from BLESTO.

Actually they do.....

Back
Top Bottom