Kiper: No more excuses for Tannehill | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiper: No more excuses for Tannehill

Why does it have to be an "elite" level? Why can't it just be better than what we have?
And if you're going to tell me that no quarterback in the league could do better than RT is doing with this line in front of him, then you're essentially telling me that RT is the best quarterback in the league.
Russell Wilson has no O line either. Uses his scrambling skills outside the pocket to make plays. That's another thing Tannehill cant do

That is your story and you are sticking to it. Good luck winning a Super Bowl with that mentally.

I'm surprised you think you can win a super bowl with the worst OL in the league. And your hate for RT17 in arguing against him and thinking football is not a team sport is helping you to lose credibility. Perhaps you need a class or two on NFL football oh great one.

touchdown passes aint everything. Russell Wilson has more completions than Ryan Tannehill and Ryan Tannehill threw the ball 58 more times. And Russell Wilson faced 2 top-flight defensive,s. Not garbage teams like the Jets, Washington and Jacksonville. He also has one interception and Tannehill has how many..... oh my god I lost count

That was total TDs by the offense. If you are going to try to convince me that scoring isn't important, save you breath.

Did you watch the Monday night game? Seattle would have been shutout if not for RW3. He converted all 6 of the team 3rd down situations that they converted. Without him they were punch less. They had no running game (except Wilson on third down). He was sacked 6 times but really should have been sacked 12 times if you look at the game tapes. He forced 6 extra possession by being above the pack. In the end against Detroit he started to break down like Ryan does at the end of games and make mistakes. But he made the big pass to seal the game after the final turnover and didn't throw it behind the marker. If he misses that pass Detroit has a chance to tie or win with a minute plus left in game. While Seattle only scored 13 points RW3 made the play that Ryan didn't against the Jags. I like Ryan but he has never done this in 50 plus games. That wears on your defense. Not being able to seal the deal. I hope he can wake up and will be a top 10 QB, Right now he is hurting his chances of succeeding line or no line. If you can't see that that you are a homer and not a hater. Ryan needs to play much better and it has nothing to do with the line. make a play when it this there and those misses wont matter that much. Right now consistency is below average and the results match. Big surprise.

For the love of God, now we are at the point of trying to explain how 13 points is better than 20?

do yourself a favor we replay the Seattle Seahawks vs Detroit Lions and you will see clear that Russell Wilson is running around for his life. Seattle Seahawks have no offense line. but still went 20-26 250+ yards. No picks and made plays that you will be like WTF. Tannehill is just below average quarterback. And with a great bomb offensive line okay to be average but Russell Wilson with that awesome offensive line he's a superstar

Wilson, fails to go through progressions, panics and runs when feeling fantom pressure, scrambles around and takes his offense out of designed plays. Ask Jimmy Graham about playing with Wilson. He is already complaining. Wilson is a great scrambler, but he relies o n it too much and fails to get the ball to his play makers, hence the second best TE in the league has 4 more receiving yards than Jordan Cameron (who missed half a game).

He is the most hit because he holds the ball too long IMO. make a decision. That is your job. and don't check down to protect your stats.

I am a bogey golfer. I rarely get chances for birdies or pars. When you do everything right to get in position for birdie or par you have to succeed. Right now we are not. The only common denominator is the QB at this point. Finish the deal and score a TD. that is what we are lacking. Ryan is good but he has not gotten better as the elite QB's have.

#StepThe****Up

That is not supported by the facts. He has been one of the quickest to get rid of the ball over his career.

He is tied for 8th in TD passes this year. I understand your frustration, but you are not making your case.

QB is not the only common denominator, not even close. Coaching, and OL performance are the same or worse than last year. Stop pretending like things have improved around him and he is not progressing. It simply isn't true.

BTW, I do agree that Tannehill is not playing well as he should (and has) this year. The question is why.

Did you watch the Monday night game? The only reason they scored the winning 13 points is because Wilson manufactured all 3 drives with no protection and no running game. They should have been shutout by the way the line played. I am tired of line excuses. Every other team seam to get by these issue but we are stuck in never never land

They only scored 13 points. What the hell happened to your "race to three TDs"? Why does that not apply to Wilson? How about the critical 4th quarter TDs? That doesn't apply to Wilson either? Come on man, at least TRY to hold players to the same standard.

Seattle won because of their defense. Guess what? If Miami's defense holds teams to 10 points, we'd be 4-0 this season.

:lol: I was simply showing how "well" Wilson played to end the game with a ****ty o-line. You see, I'm not a stat guy which makes things pretty ****ing black and white when issues are presented properly instead of talking around copy & pasted numbers

Sorry, we're not talking about Kam's great play, which it is, but I don't make the rules. Apparently they should only be followed when it meets your agenda.

The rules only apply to Tannehill. Other QBs are free to screw up at will and it will be ignored.

Stats were terrible in that game. 13-10 you are not going to have any good stats except on defense.
I'm not a Seattle fan, Wilson played like **** with the game on the line and almost lost the game with consecutive fumbles.
But the defense picked him up with a game saving fumble recovery. And he rewarded them with a first down on an very risky play that could have cost them the game. That is what football is all about, all 3 units working together at the end.

That's not the message on this board. Here it is #QBwins

RT struggles to make first downs. He's still at the training-wheels stage, 4 yrs in. Smh at that contract.

Why does it have to be an "elite" level? Why can't it just be better than what we have?
And if you're going to tell me that no quarterback in the league could do better than RT is doing with this line in front of him, then you're essentially telling me that RT is the best quarterback in the league.

Still haven't answered the question who would come in and play better and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 AM ----------

Russell Wilson has no O line either. Uses his scrambling skills outside the pocket to make plays. That's another thing Tannehill cant do

So Wilson has carried his team these last four years with no Oline, no running game, and no defense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[video=youtube;lvS8hHboniM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvS8hHboniM[/video]

That sucks, since he got paid like a QB who could put the team on his shoulders.

He got average starting QB money, not elite money. Counting all years of his contract, not just the extension, he comes in around the 16th/17th highest paid (average yearly salary) QB in the NFL. And this is without Luck doing his first real contract. The QB market is what it is...

touchdown passes aint everything. Russell Wilson has more completions than Ryan Tannehill and Ryan Tannehill threw the ball 58 more times. And Russell Wilson faced 2 top-flight defensive,s. Not garbage teams like the Jets, Washington and Jacksonville. He also has one interception and Tannehill has how many..... oh my god I lost count

Actually Wilson has 2 interceptions but I honestly don't see that as a major difference...but this is.

One area that I agree Wilson is better is at extending a play with his scrambling. He's quicker than RT. But so what....QB's aren't brought in bc of their running ability, it's just a little plus maybe.

So: here's what should catch your attention when it comes to TEAM involvement in the outcome of a game..and the QB's part in that. If it doesn't then you will need to join the WV, Elle clouds circle jerk on loving other teams more than the Dolphins bc this is what plays the most major part in today's football.
Running the ball. You know, the thing that we don't ever do.

Seahawks: / Dolphins:
4.4 per for 512 / 4.3 for 277
opponents rushing yards/game 88.5 / 160
Defensive sacks 6 / 1
Defensive receiving yards against 203 / 241

Running the ball dictates your offense. We don't run the ball...and every other team runs all over us with ease. 160/ game is embarrassing!! You will not win in this league if you can't stop the run.
Speaking of Jax.....RT had 68% completion for 359 yards. You honestly believe he is the reason we lost the game?

Having said all that.....the Seahawks 2-2 record certainly doesn't support your argument that Wilson is somehow making RT look like a rookie. If he's so damn great why aren't they undefeated?

RT struggles to make first downs. He's still at the training-wheels stage, 4 yrs in. Smh at that contract.

Yup. Chad Henne all over again. He might turn out to be a good QB, and I emphasize the word might, but we're years away from finding out.

Back
Top Bottom