Kiper: No more excuses for Tannehill | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiper: No more excuses for Tannehill

:lol: I was simply showing how "well" Wilson played to end the game with a ****ty o-line. You see, I'm not a stat guy which makes things pretty ****ing black and white when issues are presented properly instead of talking around copy & pasted numbers

Sorry, we're not talking about Kam's great play, which it is, but I don't make the rules. Apparently they should only be followed when it meets your agenda.

Stats were terrible in that game. 13-10 you are not going to have any good stats except on defense.
I'm not a Seattle fan, Wilson played like **** with the game on the line and almost lost the game with consecutive fumbles.
But the defense picked him up with a game saving fumble recovery. And he rewarded them with a first down on an very risky play that could have cost them the game. That is what football is all about, all 3 units working together at the end.

:lol: I was simply showing how "well" Wilson played to end the game with a ****ty o-line. You see, I'm not a stat guy which makes things pretty ****ing black and white when issues are presented properly instead of talking around copy & pasted numbers

Sorry, we're not talking about Kam's great play, which it is, but I don't make the rules. Apparently they should only be followed when it meets your agenda.

No you were trying to divert and show bad plays by Wilson with the game on the line.
But you failed to show the 40 yard gain on 3rd down that sealed the game after the defense had already won the game in your estimation.
Without that play Detroit gets the ball with momentum and most likely win the game.
That 3rd down pass was huge and it was yet another great play by RW3 in the clutch.

Thanks for the video #1. Don't care for Kiper but he does make some points

Ryan certainly needs to step it up. I believe he can with some better play calling which includes a running game.:up:

Thanks for the video #1. Don't care for Kiper but he does make some points

Ryan certainly needs to step it up. I believe he can with some better play calling which includes a running game.:up:

Our current run/pass ratio is gross (29/71) but the o-line is really the ones that need to step up. Hopefully a more balanced attack will help them from always being on their heels in pass protection. That's asking a lot though considering the current lineup.

I say force the issue. Two TE's if necessary now that Sims is back. Albert should help as well.
The goal of every defense is to make the other team one dimensional. So much easier to defend. Can not let that continue to happen.
I'll bet we have a 50/50 mix next game under Campbell.
That should take some pressure off of Ryan and allow him to succeed.
I'm also starting Parker over Jennings. Take some shots down the field off of play action.
No more 3 yard passes when we need 15 yards.

71 you are a defensive guru. Get some idea's on what to do on that side of the ball ?

How are you going to attack Tenn getting after Marriota and shut down their running games ?

And don't say the offense needs to score more than 17 points. That's a given.

You are the new DC. What's the plan ?

Last edited by a moderator:
71 you are a defensive guru. Get some idea's on what to do on that side of the ball ?

Nah, just love looking at stats and relating them to current play.

Not sure what we can do from a defensive stand point. Our D personnel are below average except for a few positions. Pretty sure that is why Coyle had us playing prevent in the first quarter. Only way to protect them is to score points and a lot of them. That is our best defense right now. Once the offense takes off the defense will play with heart. That jags game was a crusher for team mentality. I thought we had gotten over the offense-defense issue in the Redskins win but the issue still lingers.

Personally I think the defense is lucky to get off the field without allowing a score in today's NFL. Just too many penalties against the D that can sustain drives and rules against them. If a NFL team executes on offense there is no way to stop them. The days of Fernandez dominating a game inside are over. You have to control the game through your offense IMO. Once you start scoring TD's your defense will get better. Been tracking TD's for years and if you don't score them then you will give them up. Just the way it works. And it is not changing anytime soon. Put up 3 TD's and couple FG's on offense and suddenly you will see a great defense flying around all game.

What about creating turn overs and getting 3 and out plays to give the offense more chances ?

Maybe a sack or two ?

The answer can not be we can't do anything better on D the offense just must score more. The d has been very disappointing as well don't you think ?

How about all those time consuming rushing yards we give up that keep the offense off the field ?

Please don't use "but the office must" in your answer :)

Yeah was expecting more defensive plays but we were real lucky last year. Those things tend to average out over time.
I tried to warn everyone that the scoring increase was mainly due to turnovers and field position last year and that historic level would not continue this year. Now we are not getting anything (karma) and when we do the offense isn't turning it into TD like last year. That is really the difference right now.
so yes, a big turnover could spark the offense just like a TD can spark the defense. The odds of scoring a TD are a lot higher than forcing a turnover.

From a defensive standpoint I would say WTF. Challenge the 15 yards like everyone is doing to us and live with a long TD if it comes. Dying by paper cuts on defense is not fun to watch. I would rather get burned on the first plays than seeing these long drives. They are humiliating. Just not sure we have the defensive personnel to do it. that is why I was hoping Lazor's offense would take off.

Not sure I have ever seen a defense with as little plays in a quarter of the season. We keep missing sacks, ball out. We had 2 fumble recoveries against the Jets, both plays were a split second too late and over-turned or confirmed TD. We have been split seconds from a lot of great plays but just never make them. Hopefully the shakeup does something to change this. It could spark the offense and flip my world upside down.

We should go 2 TEs and run the ball. Then we can effectively use play action. Tannehill is a beast in the play action. Problem has been we don't run the ball so nobody falls for play action fakes

So which qb would be playing at elite level in our offense right now?

Why does it have to be an "elite" level? Why can't it just be better than what we have?
And if you're going to tell me that no quarterback in the league could do better than RT is doing with this line in front of him, then you're essentially telling me that RT is the best quarterback in the league.

Kiper is right in a sense. Tannehill is below Average though. Draft Conner Cook and move on. Even if we get him a awesome o line he still going to be average. He's basically below average with no line. And will be average with a line.

Back
Top Bottom