Kiper Releases Initial Big Board for 2014 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiper Releases Initial Big Board for 2014

I undersold Dumervil. He did indeed have 23 TFLs as I recalled, but 21 of them were Sacks. I'd forgotten about that. Incredible. And indeed I believe he had 11 forced fumbles. That's a pretty good ratio (2:1). Normal ratio of sacks to fumbles is about 4:1.

I said that if you're plugging Roosevelt Nix in at defensive TACKLE there's a good chance he's unrosterable. Defensive end is a question mark. A "complete projection" as you put it.

And if your insinuation is that Roosevelt Nix is more valuable than Aaron Donald, I'll take that bet every time.

I see Mel has Mike Evans right up there with Marquise Lee and Sammy Watkins. That's deserved. The big question on Evans is going to be pure speed. If he's a 4.50 guy then he's fast enough. But if he's more of a 4.60 guy then he's not. We all can see the athleticism, the ups, the ability to move, etc. And of course he's a physically strong beast with really good hands, like a Brandon Marshall that way. What remains to be seen is whether he can work on his speed. He's trying to work on it. That was one of his goals this off season, to work on his speed. On tape he ran away from some guys but those guys run in the 4.6's and 4.7's. He needs to run away from guys that run in the 4.5's.

What are your thoughts on Sammy Watkins? Does he fit our system? I really like him and liked De Andre Hopkins as well.

And it's the same boat that Geno Atkins was in, one big reason (the other is sickle cell) he went 4th round instead of 1st round. That's what I'm saying. If Roosevelt Nix and Aaron Donald (and Will Sutton) are sharing a boat together, Geno Atkins is keeping them company.

Wouldn't they all be better served as being strong side DEs or 3-4 DEs? I see lack of height as a hindrance for a DT pushing the pocket trying to clog the passing lanes.

Last year's initial Big Board only featured seven players that were drafted in the top 25 & one (Johnny Adams) that was not drafted. Which player in the initial 2014 Big Board above is most likely to go undrafted (& not because they returned to school)?

I'm gonna go with Johnny Manziel. He's nowhere near an NFL QB or even a good prospect at this point in his career.

Negatives:
- below average arm strength
- poor footwork - doesn't step into his throws in the pocket, throws flat footed, front foot isn't pointed in the direction he's throwing
- doesn't/can't throw downfield
- questionable pocket awareness - sometimes he looks like he has good pocket awareness but the majority of the time he gets happy feet & bails out too early
- accuracy issues - throws behind his receivers running slants & floats high passes to receivers on the edges
- plays strictly out of the shotgun
- through his actions he comes off as entitled & a premadonna
- the Tim Tebow effect - the cult following which will only get bigger but probably not as big as Tebow's will cause teams to shy away because they don't want to deal with the headache from the media & fans

Positives:
- great improvisation skills
- keeps his eyes downfield when he's running around in the backfield
- his elusiveness.

Great college player but he's about reached his ceiling.

Hey Louchiez Purifoy. Good athlete. Guy could very well end up being the return guy we all hoped Andre Debose would be before he flopped. If he can polish his game at CB he could absolutely be a 1st round talent. He plays a little offense too. He's a little bit like Devin Hester was at Miami.

Wouldn't they all be better served as being strong side DEs or 3-4 DEs? I see lack of height as a hindrance for a DT pushing the pocket trying to clog the passing lanes.

Geno Atkins is one of the three best performing defensive players in all of football. I think he's fine where he is.

You could make an argument that Donald should go out to a Closed End or 5-Technique position on base downs. I think he might be special enough to play on the inside on base downs though.

I'm a bit shocked Oregon TE Colt Lyerla isn't in there. I rate him as a late 1st when it's all said and done.

I want another receiver next year. Give me Coleman,Evans,Lee,Watkins, or Matthews

I would also rank Jake Matthews above Cyrus Kouandjio for the moment. I like Kouandjio a lot and you can't watch Alabama tape without noticing that big guy dominating at left tackle. But he's got to work on his physical shape and mobility. You can't dominate the next level at LEFT tackle the way he's dominating this level, if you don't end up becoming an athlete and not just a people mover. Just ask Jeff Otah.

There are times I really love Christian Jones and there are times I really think he's overrated.

I still consider Jackson Jeffcoat to be very overrated. But we'll see how he progresses in his final year. Coming off the injury, I can't imagine he ends up impressing me a whole lot more.

Will Sutton is conspicuous in his absence. Mel must not be a fan of his size.

If he dings Sutton on size, it's also understandable to ding Aaron Donald on size. But mark me on this, Aaron Donald is going to be a very good NFL player. I've been waiting for a guy that ACTUALLY reminds me of Geno Atkins, whom I really loved coming out in 2010 and I thought should've been a 1st rounder. Every year since then (because it was obvious what a great pick Atkins was going to be, as early as his first preseason), I keep looking for a guy that reminds me of him. I think Aaron Donald might be that guy.

I cant stand cyrus because of what he done to Auburn on NSD but he is a monster

Barr and Tuitt would be nice also. Barr if we let Misi walk or Tuitt if one of Starks or Soliai walks

I don't disagree w/ the top 3.

The only name I don't see is Yeldon the RB from Bama.

Yeldon IMO has the potential to be better than Richardson, Ingram, & Lacy.

I'm a bit shocked Oregon TE Colt Lyerla isn't in there. I rate him as a late 1st when it's all said and done.

I'm Ducks WR Josh Huff isn't on the list.

I want another receiver next year. Give me Coleman,Evans,Lee,Watkins, or Matthews

I'd prefer Huff. Keep an eye on Dres Anderson from the real U here in SLC.

I don't disagree w/ the top 3.

The only name I don't see is Yeldon the RB from Bama.

Yeldon IMO has the potential to be better than Richardson, Ingram, & Lacy.

Yeldon isn't on the list because he's not draft eligible.

Back
Top Bottom