Kiper suggests Phins interested in AJ McCarron | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiper suggests Phins interested in AJ McCarron

Dreams vs Reality

fantasyvsreality-1.jpg

Well of course I am. I like QBs who win big games and are clutch. But, this was a Kiper quote, not mine.

and a guy who chokes in his last two games of the season. according to you we already have that in ryan tannehill....

mccarons arm is a joke. not nfl starter material... ever in my opinion..

Second round??? da fuq??? I thought kiper was supposed to excel at this stuff...

and a guy who chokes in his last two games of the season. according to you we already have that in ryan tannehill....

mccarons arm is a joke. not nfl starter material... ever in my opinion..

Second round??? da fuq??? I thought kiper was supposed to excel at this stuff...

To be fair, Kiper didn't say he thought McCarron was worth a second round pick, just that he thought the Dolphins did.

I'd love us to pick up Brett Smith as a developmental guy. Kid is a winner and a baller.

In the 2nd round that might make sense. The Dolphins could have a nice backup to Tannehill at the most important position on the field and save about $4 million in salary cap by parting ways with, or trading, Moore. More realistically, I think the team looks late round for a qb to develop. Just too many needs, especially on the offensive line.

So let's consider this; is McCarron a better pro prospect than Russell Wilson or Nick Foles? Because they didn't go in the 2nd round. McCarron tops out at Kirk Cousins.

AJ McCarron is most def a day three guy. College hero, professional zero.

After doing some research I think Miami is going to take a hard look at Jeff Mathews from Cornell. Dude has prototypical QB size, a strong arm, and can be had day 3. Plus the Cornell connection with Lazor might be a bonus.

After doing some research I think Miami is going to take a hard look at Jeff Mathews from Cornell. Dude has prototypical QB size, a strong arm, and can be had day 3. Plus the Cornell connection with Lazor might be a bonus.

He's got a really talented arm. But the whole "Ivy League Football" really scares me. I was looking forward to seeing him at the Shrine Game Practices but I had to decline my credentials because of school. I haven't read up on the shrine practices, but I plan to today.

I would take McCarron's girlfriend over him.

He's got a really talented arm. But the whole "Ivy League Football" really scares me. I was looking forward to seeing him at the Shrine Game Practices but I had to decline my credentials because of school. I haven't read up on the shrine practices, but I plan to today.

What I've read is Garoppolo didn't measure to his height, Mathews seemed almost a head taller, they're both listed at 6'3" or 4. If you consider Mathews is probably a 3rd day guy the Ivy League football issue doesn't bother me so much.

If you're going to draft a QB, draft Aaron Murray in the later rounds. I'd be okay with that.

would prefer blake bortles if he slips...if he ever left the top 5 we should move up for him...dude has a brain, something I wonder about with our current QB

Well of course I am. I like QBs who win big games and are clutch. But, this was a Kiper quote, not mine.

Steve Walsh, Gino Torreta, Chris Leak, Jesse Palmer, Josh Heupel, Eric Crouch, Tim Tebow etc etc etc.
All of these QBs were surrounded by exceptional college talent.
No thanks to McCarron, unless its 6th rd or later.

Back
Top Bottom