knock some sense... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

knock some sense...

Slim

VIPeezy
Reaction score
Can someone please knock some sense into our FO. Lets be honest, Travis Minor and Sammy Norris are not gonna get the job done. Not to discredit either of them, because they are both strong players but our Oline is extremely shaky and unexperienced. Plus, we seem to be leaning towards a QB who has never played the entire season without being injured. Our offense has gotten WORSE than last year! Sure we picked up a very dangerous WR and a QB but lets be honest, are there any teams out there with more unknowns than Miami?
Its always the same thing with Miami. We are so poorly organized. Look what Dallas did with Quincy Carter, he failed a test he was cut. It doesnt matter who it is, he breaks the rules he should pay the price. Otherwise your players will run loose doing whatever the hell they want. You think Ricky would have recieved an additional punishment after failing that 3rd drug test had he not retired?
And what are they waiting for with Wale? They've made their decision. They know whether they are gonna keep him or not. Why not make a move as soon as possible? They will either sign/trade him a week before the season, and get a player who is either out of shape or unaware of the playbook.
I really believe that people have been sugar coating Spielmans offseason. To be perfectly honest, this may have been the worst offseason of all time.

Man the season hasn't even started yet and all these guys knows what's going to happen..I'm looking forward to this year and will sit back and enjoy because this is my team

Slim said:
Can someone please knock some sense into our FO. Lets be honest, Travis Minor and Sammy Norris are not gonna get the job done. Not to discredit either of them, because they are both strong players but our Oline is extremely shaky and unexperienced. Plus, we seem to be leaning towards a QB who has never played the entire season without being injured. Our offense has gotten WORSE than last year! Sure we picked up a very dangerous WR and a QB but lets be honest, are there any teams out there with more unknowns than Miami?
Its always the same thing with Miami. We are so poorly organized. Look what Dallas did with Quincy Carter, he failed a test he was cut. It doesnt matter who it is, he breaks the rules he should pay the price. Otherwise your players will run loose doing whatever the hell they want. You think Ricky would have recieved an additional punishment after failing that 3rd drug test had he not retired?
And what are they waiting for with Wale? They've made their decision. They know whether they are gonna keep him or not. Why not make a move as soon as possible? They will either sign/trade him a week before the season, and get a player who is either out of shape or unaware of the playbook.
I really believe that people have been sugar coating Spielmans offseason. To be perfectly honest, this may have been the worst offseason of all time.

Wow two idiotic threads in a matter of two seconds. Can't we get some sort of screening process for these trolls?

As to your post, cry me a river. You and Dolphinpower should get married and raise little Jets fans in a cabin near a river in a forest by the woods and the rocks and sorry I just drank too much coffee.

So you are pleased with our FO? You are happy with what has happened throughout the offseason thusfar? How is this thread idiotic? All i did was mention what the front office has done this offseason. If you find that idiotic then you agree with me...

Slim you're the guy I suppose would panic, let some team rob us in a trade for a mediocre starting back who's had some success, and not even give the young talent you have a shot. That's why you don't work in theFO.

Parcells would not have cut Carter if he didn't pick up som egood depth at that position. Plus I don't see how that reference is relevant to anything going on in Miami right now.

Who's been sugarcoating our offseason? You are living ina different world than I. If anything it has been made out to be even worse.

As for Wale they are negotiating, neither side has backed off yet, they don't know the outcome already, thats ridiculous.

my answer to slims question is look at Priest Holmes, Clinton Portis, Curtis Martin all these guys are short skinny backs. We would have known nothing about them had the coaches not put there confidence in them and give them a chance. I mean we are fans. There are 52 other guys playing along side of Minor, and Morris and I have not heard one bad complaint or one worry about either one of them. I don't know about you but if I am out there sweating and bleeding and the guy beside me doesn't look like he will get the job done I will say something.

I believe the front office has had a great offseason bringing players in. The rookies I feel will be key contributers some day. D Bo will contribute this year we have had a good off season. Now some will say well Marino didn't even last two weeks. Was he even qualified for the job to start with? Well Randy Mc got in trouble. Were there charges filed? Or were they DROPPED? Well Ricky retired. Yes and it is a good thing I would rather him quit on us before the start of the season then before we get ready to go on the field and play NE. The Bucs, and Patriots both won SuperBowls with mediocre RBs why can't we.

Our offseason has been so bad in peoples eyes because they can't let things die. They got to keep bringing stuff up and bringing it up just let that stuff go it is in the past and it is dead. The stuff that has happened has had nothing to do with the Organization or the front office why don't people quit pointing fingers at them and point them if you feel the need at the person.

THE FINS WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS IN 04

Slim said:

man is this crybaby day

I think the only thing the FO did wrong was keep Wanny. The team has quietly and responsibly continued to accumulate talent. Eddie Moore and Feeley are question marks but both show promise. The offseason "tragedies" have either been non-events or completely unpredictable by the FO.
The Marino thing was really just a stupid red herring to cover the fact that we kept DW. Let's face it, it was done to placate the fans, but would've had little impact.
We may have overpaid for Feeley, but we'll see. (Wouldn't you give a 2nd round pick for a qb that can supplant a 4 year starter?) We may have gotten played a little for Carey, but it was a need pick.
McMike was (unfortunately) a common occurence in the nfl: a player gets in legal trouble and the charges disappear. Nothing to do w/ the FO.
Nobody could've predicted RW's psychological meltdown.
We passed on some players that some think we should have gotten (Woody, etc) but they didn't panic and overpay people or take an old declining veteran.
Our late round draft picks all look promising, and Poole was a steal.
We are in great cap shape.
Ogun will get signed. In the meantime we're evaluating the others and they're getting practice reps that will only help us.
I feel a lot better about the future of the LB and CB position than I did last year.
The only lasting negatives all have to do with keeping Wanny- the coaching staff seems in disarray and I just don't think he's a good gameplan/ gameday coach.
But we'll see- the Fins go to the playoffs, we might be talking coach of the year!

Man I thought this thread was about knocking sense into Ricky. I think our FO has done a good job this offseason. I mean who do you think they should bring in. None of the FA RBs are much better than Minor/Morris and a trade would rob of us of draft picks which we are going to need to create depth for our aging defense. Regarding Ogunleye, this is essentially a game of seeing who blinks first. The dolphins think if they keep waiting Ogunleye will lower his demands.

I think it's ridiculous to even suggest that our offense is worse this year (Ricky's retir . . . err, quitting aside). Have you noticed where all of the players from last year's offense have gone? Oh wait, the answer is NOWHERE. Nails - unsigned. Perry - unsigned. Ruddy - unsigned. I think it says a lot when NO other teams have even thrown these guys a bone. James, McKinney, and Jerman make a much better middle three, in my opinion. Then we have Wade Smith back, bigger and most likely better. And then we have St. Clair, a mauler of a rookie in Carey, and a talented, healing McIntosh. Face it . . . that is a better line than last year. They may need some time to "mesh" but they are also young and in great shape and will probably only get better as the season rolls on.

So that's the offensive line, now let's take a look at receivers. Chambers and Boston are going to be one of the best duos in the league. Thompson will be back in his 3rd spot which should do him some good. All in all, a much better group than last year.

Quarterbacks? Again, no worse than last year with Fiedler potentially starting. But my hunch is that Feeley is going to develop more and more as he learns the system, and he will be the starter. He'll give us an opportunity to really open up the field with Chambers and Boston.

And then we have a running back by committee . . . with Konrad again at FB. Minor and Morris are not Ricky. There's no point in even arguing that. But I think they have a lot of potential. Minor has been great when he's had chances. People who say he's too small need to go review their stats on starting RBs throughout the league. As for the RB by committee naysayers, I ask you this:

Who was the feature back for the Pats last season?
Who was the feature back for the Bucs the season before that?

I have a question for the topic starter: Who's Sammy Norris????? :confused2

jesusfreak26 said:
my answer to slims question is look at Priest Holmes, Clinton Portis, Curtis Martin all these guys are short skinny backs. We would have known nothing about them had the coaches not put there confidence in them and give them a chance. I mean we are fans. There are 52 other guys playing along side of Minor, and Morris and I have not heard one bad complaint or one worry about either one of them. I don't know about you but if I am out there sweating and bleeding and the guy beside me doesn't look like he will get the job done I will say something.

To further jesusfreak's point, Priest Holmes, arguably the best back in the NFL right now, was considered too small by Baltimore, they let him go via free agency, because he was just a small, fast RB who had a couple of good games vs Cleveland and Cincinnati. Luckily for Kansas City, they knew Holmes would fit their passing offense well. I'm not saying Minor is the next Holmes, because he isn't. But if our offense stinks this season, it's because the coaching staff doesn't know how to utilize our talent.

Slim said:
How the hell do you know who will get the job done. You sound like a fool making a post like this. Your just as bad as the sports writers who make statements with no backing or basis.

Back
Top Bottom