knock some sense... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

knock some sense...

Frayser said:
I think it's ridiculous to even suggest that our offense is worse this year (Ricky's retir . . . err, quitting aside). Have you noticed where all of the players from last year's offense have gone? Oh wait, the answer is NOWHERE. Nails - unsigned. Perry - unsigned. Ruddy - unsigned. I think it says a lot when NO other teams have even thrown these guys a bone. James, McKinney, and Jerman make a much better middle three, in my opinion. Then we have Wade Smith back, bigger and most likely better. And then we have St. Clair, a mauler of a rookie in Carey, and a talented, healing McIntosh. Face it . . . that is a better line than last year. They may need some time to "mesh" but they are also young and in great shape and will probably only get better as the season rolls on.

So that's the offensive line, now let's take a look at receivers. Chambers and Boston are going to be one of the best duos in the league. Thompson will be back in his 3rd spot which should do him some good. All in all, a much better group than last year.

Quarterbacks? Again, no worse than last year with Fiedler potentially starting. But my hunch is that Feeley is going to develop more and more as he learns the system, and he will be the starter. He'll give us an opportunity to really open up the field with Chambers and Boston.

And then we have a running back by committee . . . with Konrad again at FB. Minor and Morris are not Ricky. There's no point in even arguing that. But I think they have a lot of potential. Minor has been great when he's had chances. People who say he's too small need to go review their stats on starting RBs throughout the league. As for the RB by committee naysayers, I ask you this:

Who was the feature back for the Pats last season?
Who was the feature back for the Bucs the season before that?

Great answer! Saved me alot of time b/c I was going to type the same thing. Hopefully, you knocked some sense into Slim.

Back
Top Bottom