Knocking of Jay | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Knocking of Jay

Jay Fiedler is the best QB in the NFL.

Jay has won games. Big block to spring ricky and give the Phins Mo through out the game. I'm going to blame our receivers coach. Dropped balls wouldn't have resulted in a first down. Jay is not a pin point passer and slightly overthrew McMichael and McKnight should have had the long ball but slightly overthrown. The Chambers drop was tipped and trajectory changed. Hard to catch those.

Originally posted by ultimateFINFAN
Knock Jay all you want but did you see how many drops the recievers had today, there were a few occasions downfield that were drops, and Jay laid a ball through three defenders into McKnight on that long ball....I didnt see the INT cause i tuned in late in the 2nd quarter, but still, Jay is able to shrug off mistakes and for the most part, make good decisions....

Buckle up boys. There's nothing like seeing so many negative posts, after wins. I think this week will be another week like last week. Some ppl just do not see how many passes our WR corps are dropping. It's getting scary.

And where has Chambers disappeared to again?

Oliver...

Originally posted by jetssuckSr
This is sad

BS!

The throw to McMike was waaaay out of reach

Yeah when a ball hits a WR in his hands, heck yeah that's the very definition of, "waaaay out of reach"!

Yeah it is sad our WR corps is not making the plays they should. Jay is obviously going to have to play better, because his WR corps is stinking it up big time.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Muck
Here we go again. Let me save everybody the trouble.

Both sides are going to skew the facts and gear them to their liking. Both sides will taunt one another. Nothing will be settled. And we'll do it all week long.

There, I saved everybody a bunch of time in THIS thread.

Honestly, this is not appreciated, nor is it true IMO. "Both sides are going to skew the facts and gear them to their liking." I'm sorry you feel that way. I understand you have to be 50/50 here, but I don't agree with that whatsoever.

One side only bashes Jay, the other side says when Jay plays poorly. Am I wrong?

Oliver...

Originally posted by Oliver

One side only bashes Jay, the other side says when Jay plays poorly. Am I wrong?

Yes you are. One side criticizes Jay when he plays poorly, the other won't acknowledge that he's had a bad game no matter how poorly he plays.

Yeah when a ball hits a WR in his hands, heck yeah that's the very definition of, "waaaay out of reach"!

Yeah it is sad our WR corps is not making the plays they should. Jay is obviously going to have to play better, because his WR corps is stinking it up big time.

Oliver...

Why do i get the impression that is a receiver just touches a ball that it's a drop?? Not necessarily.

Originally posted by DeDolfan

Why do i get the impression that is a receiver just touches a ball that it's a drop?? Not necessarily.

I dunno. If you are getting that impression I would try and get that fixed.

Oliver...

I dunno. If you are getting that impression I would try and get that fixed.

Oliver...

So are you saying that just because he can touch the ball that it is a drop if he doesn't catch it??

Originally posted by DeDolfan

So are you saying that just because he can touch the ball that it is a drop if he doesn't catch it??

No that's too general. But the passes McM and McK dropped today paid PRO's should make those receptions. And I'm not talking all pro Pro's I'm talking bottom of the barrell type WR's should.

For what it's worth, and I'm certain you have heard this. If it hits you in your hands as a WR, you should have caught it. I mostly believe in that.

And sorry if my previous post if I came off like an asshole, it wasn't my intention.

Oliver...

Jay is the weekest link on the entire football team, over the last 2 weeks the opposing teams have been in run stoping defenses and miami could not exploit those defenses. The coaching staff would be a lot more aggressive consider teams are focusing on Ricky but they know the limitation of the qb, so does the opposing teams. Until the fins upgrade the qb situation disappoint will come in the latter part of the season when the d tires. it's not so much the throws jay makes as it's the throws the coaching staff doesn't ask him to make. also why does all of pass come out soft? no velocity what soever which gives the receiver reason to turn up field before the ball arrives. The point to this post is to point out that jay would be great as a backup but not as a starter and it will cost miami starting next week.

No that's too general. But the passes McM and McK dropped today paid PRO's should make those receptions. And I'm not talking all pro Pro's I'm talking bottom of the barrell type WR's should.

For what it's worth, and I'm certain you have heard this. If it hits you in your hands as a WR, you should have caught it. I mostly believe in that.

And sorry if my previous post if I came off like an asshole, it wasn't my intention.

Oliver...

No problem, Oliver. I've known you too long to think that.
I agree with hitting them in the hands. If they squarely have it right there, then anyone could have it. Now some of the "just off the fingertips may be another matter. However, it in no way means that it is a poorly thrown ball tho.

Originally posted by dolphinkee
Jay is the weekest link on the entire football team, over the last 2 weeks the opposing teams have been in run stoping defenses and miami could not exploit those defenses. The coaching staff would be a lot more aggressive consider teams are focusing on Ricky but they know the limitation of the qb, so does the opposing teams. Until the fins upgrade the qb situation disappoint will come in the latter part of the season when the d tires. it's not so much the throws jay makes as it's the throws the coaching staff doesn't ask him to make. also why does all of pass come out soft? no velocity what soever which gives the receiver reason to turn up field before the ball arrives. The point to this post is to point out that jay would be great as a backup but not as a starter and it will cost miami starting next week.

Altho I am in favor of upgrading our QB position, i must add that I do not feel that jay is our weakest link by himself. IMO, the only one that is untouchable is Ricky. Others i would keep are CC, McMike and konrad. The whole line is expenadable and that's where it really has to start.

Back
Top Bottom