Knowshon Moreno | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Knowshon Moreno

Yeah opportunities like he was more reliable than the other 2 backs even though Denver really wanted one of them to beat him out. He will split carries here and is not the most talented back but he's the best blocker, pas catcher and scheme fit on our roster. We should all be rooting for the guy, but I know we love Lamar Miller and his 1.6 YPC average.

4.0 yds/c last year behind an obviously atrocious line. (4.9 yds/c in '12)

If Miller steps up on pass protection there's no reason he won't beat out an older injury-riddled Moreno who seemingly was not considered a prime factor in the Broncos Super Bowl run. I'm rooting for Moreno but I also hope I'm wrong when I say that he's not our backfield savior by any means.

Double up with TJ Yeldon and Tra Carson in the 2015 draft and all problems solved.

4.0 yds/c last year behind an obviously atrocious line. (4.9 yds/c in '12)

If Miller steps up on pass protection there's no reason he won't beat out an older injury-riddled Moreno who seemingly was not considered a prime factor in the Broncos Super Bowl run. I'm rooting for Moreno but I also hope I'm wrong when I say that he's not our backfield savior by any means.

He's absolutely not any kind of a savior. Folks on here act like he sucks
and like I said he's the best blocker, pass catcher and scheme fit on our roster. My expectations for him will be a runner by committee who will likely see an increased roll when we're forced to throw. Denver did not want him to be their starter last year and certainly didn't draft Ball because they were in love with Moreno yet he was still the most dependable RB on their roster.

Knowsho was almost out of Denver last year he was nothing special until Peyton came there ! That and other opportunities gave him a chance to play! Also noticed Denver still threw him out in favor of other backs! If he was all that good then Denver would have kept him! So until he proves he can beat Miller and isn't hampered by his knees! Then i might be ok with it but until he proves he is the better guy then no!

The flaw in your argument is minus Peyton, Knowshon still looks better on paper than Miller. I've seen Miller for two years and personally believe he is nothing special, goes down to easy and has poor vision. Add that to the possibility that Knowshon is considered by pretty much everyone to be more well rounded and to be specific a good blocking RB, you have to think Knowshon is the better option.

The flaw in your argument is minus Peyton, Knowshon still looks better on paper than Miller. I've seen Miller for two years and personally believe he is nothing special, goes down to easy and has poor vision. Add that to the possibility that Knowshon is considered by pretty much everyone to be more well rounded and to be specific a good blocking RB, you have to think Knowshon is the better option.

So far Miller is a decent change of pace back to come on against a tired d .... nothing more. Moreno is not amazing but like virtually all the other nfl starters last year is a clear upgrade over miller

marinotoclayton said:
That maybe but look who they got rid of! Why get rid of a guy that just got over 1000 yards for your team! That tells me that they must not have thought all that highly of him! Or he would have gotten a new contract!

Maybe Joe Philbin can answer that one for you. After all, he cut Reggie Bush. The Lions seem pretty happy with that decision.

Maybe Joe Philbin can answer that one for you. After all, he cut Reggie Bush. The Lions seem pretty happy with that decision.

I'm still amazed that we didn't even give lowball offers to Reggie Bush or Karlos Dansby.

where is the "philbin will make yet another mistake" part and what exactly IS that mistake?

something there or just more philbin hacking?

MILLER isnt setting the bar real high as far as a back being able to beat him out. and if some cant, we are in trouble at rb. because miller is just BARELY at the pedestrian rb level. i NEVER wanted us to draft him. one trick pony, o-line must open HUGE hole and he then uses decent speed to run through where he usually is brought down by the second guy who hits him. that is, IF he gets that hole. if not, washed out at the line or a yard after it.

in the nfl, a good back MAKES his own yards 85% of the time. this was the knock he had in college, needed the linemen to open huge holes so he could jet through. couldnt improvise and MAKE things happen not in the nfl fella!!!

i think moreno will beat him out, SOON, and even though he is no eric dickerson, he will make everyone forget about any "geee, we gotta start miller" nonsense.

I'm still amazed that we didn't even give lowball offers to Reggie Bush or Karlos Dansby

WE HAD BOTH THOSE GUYS for a couple years together and got no where NEAR the playoffs.

hell, reggie went to a LOADED, offense in detroit. didnt do much for their superbowl asperations. 1,006 yds, 4 wopping td's. meh.

reggie had become a mal content over the [rightful] ousting of charles "homey the clown" johnson along with his gang of idiots who stormed philbin's office DEMANDING answers. and thats just what we saw on hard knocks. i imagine all that got worse behind the scenes as things wore on ending in he and his conspirators ousting. and dansby wasnt playing ANYWHERE NEAR the level here that he played at after going back to the cardinals.

he was another malcontent and wanted out. he got his wish. people are just basing all their "dansby was a huge mistake" philosophy on what he did in arizona, before and AFTER he was here, not what he did while in miami, which was WAY under what everyone hoped he would have been.

short memories. a lot of guys wanted him gone and the threads about cutting him, another over rated mistake by ireland, etc... . and as far as his play while he was here, it was a correct thought and correct move by philbin/coyle. what a guy does for another team means nothing for us.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still amazed that we didn't even give lowball offers to Reggie Bush or Karlos Dansby

see the above.

Why get rid of a guy that just got over 1000 yards for your team

well, what did that 1,000 yds and wopping 4 td's do for detroit?

and 1,000 yds is what a DECENT back should have in the nfl. its not that mind boggling.

it takes much, much more than a 1,000 yd rb to make a team a winner. the lions finished 7-9. plus, he had a better passing game to help him out than he did in miami. even though their qb sputtered, with the wr they have on that team and the potent offense they could spring at ANY given moment causing their opponents lb's and safety's to make moves [or not] they normally wouldnt have to with other teams, reggie should have been a 1400 yd, 10 td rb. he wasnt. and i dont think if he would have had 1200 yds it would have given the lions playoff birth.

ask the vikings, who have an ALL WORLD rb how that has effected their play offs. PLAYOFFS? PLAYOFFS? WHAT PLAYOFFS? [jim mora in the back ground].

yeah, detroit had qb issues. so did we when reggie was here. so all this "he would have taken us to the playoffs last year" was bunk. he woudnt have gotten 1,000 yds and 10 td's behind that line last year either.

speculation. the ruination of the arm chair gm.

Back
Top Bottom