Knowshon Moreno | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Knowshon Moreno

I don't get why Thigpen was taken away from being a running back, unless he would be an instant target of opposing defenses to make him pick up blitzers. I would do that with Miller too. If Miller's back there, I'd constantly put him in situations where he has to pick up blitzers.
But Thigpen can run draws and is probably our best receiver out of the backfield. That play vs NE which wound up being the winning TD was a great example of Thigpen running a pattern out of the backfield and creating separation at the key point of the route.
Show me an example of Thigpen failing to be effective on offense.

"If Miller's back there, I'd constantly put him in situations where he has to pick up blitzers." I'm saying I'd do this if I was an opposing D coordinator.

When you know a team's weaknesses you know how to defend their strengths. If Moreno is in there, I wouldn't blitz (unless I knew one of their offensive lineman was a sieve). If Moreno's in there I would make Miami beat me with their run game and use his lack of explosiveness against Miami. If Miller is in there, I'd make him pick up blitzers.

I'd have to think Lazor would have a grasp of how defenses would attack us.

Moreno has to prove it on the field in a Dolphin uniform. If he is clearly the better player then he'll start. I do believe that both guys will get a lot of carries. I have high hopes for Moreno. He can really elevate this team. He's a chain moving, pass catching touchdown making type of back who also is a great pass protecter. He'll be in there unless he's not healthy.

miller is no bueno, complement at best. running game had two yards in the first half against tampa222

I don't think it's going to happen for Lamar Miller, 2 years no real flashes or plays? Damien Williams has the most pop of all our current running backs. Daniel Thomas is garbage and needs to go. At least Moreno has had some success, maybe the dude can bring some here. But I think Damien Williams is the most exciting back on our roster. He is going to bust one next game...

Moreno will get blown up in the backfield just as bad as miller would. Doesn't matter who's back there if our front line can't get any push at all.

The fact that Moreno's only good season came when Manning was the quarterback is just a coincidence. I'm expecting nothing less than 20 TDs from him this season! And Lamar Miller, he could probably be the starting running back for half the teams in the NFL.

Moreno will get blown up in the backfield just as bad as miller would. Doesn't matter who's back there if our front line can't get any push at all.

Old excuse man, time for some new material and new running backs. Did you see Damien Miller pop it outside against the Bucs first string D? Something Miller just can't do. I also recall Reggie being able to take it to the house. Miller does not have that ability to make people miss or the explosiveness to do what Miller did. You can't blame the O Line for the fact that Daniel Thomas sucks and Miller is average, we should have never thought he could fill Reggie's shoes...

You guys realize that Knowshon did most of his running when the opposing defense was showing fronts of seven or fewer? There's one thing we know: with blocking, Lamar Miller can quickly gain chunk yardage. Without his speed, he'd be nothing as a running back, but that speed can be a killer in space.

Moreno has NO special skill, not one! He`s not extremely fast or big or good at breaking tackles... he`s run of the mill and his contract confirms that. a lot of you will be disappointed....

Not to sure about rest of you but I am worried that Knowsho's knee is going to be a problem especially early on since he is just coming back from knee surgery! Which could affect both his blocking and his running! Aside from that we still don't know how he will do behind our new line ! And was his one good year in Denver a fluke? Makes you wonder!

personally, i see moreno as an ascending player. a first round pick who underachieved until last season. if he stays healthy, he can definitely exceed 1000 yards rushing, 600 yards receiving, and over 10 total touchdowns. he is still young and i think he was a great pick up for us. no idea what happened in denver, i just know that 99% of the important plays last season, he was in the game. he is a perfect fit for this offense. i'm pulling for lamar miller to become a stud in this league, but at this point he is not in the league of a healthy moreno.

Back
Top Bottom