Knowshon Moreno | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Knowshon Moreno

He's a competitor. I like that he doesn't want to come out of games when he's ailing. May not be bright but a breathe of fresh air compared to all the divas today that come out for a breather after a 30 yard run. Point is, he sets a great example. I do not think it was a coincidence that Miller ran MUCH better week 1 after Moreno got in and set the tone. He's a tough, lead by example guy.

He's a competitor. I like that he doesn't want to come out of games when he's ailing. May not be bright but a breathe of fresh air compared to all the divas today that come out for a breather after a 30 yard run. Point is, he sets a great example. I do not think it was a coincidence that Miller ran MUCH better week 1 after Moreno got in and set the tone. He's a tough, lead by example guy.

I think this is true. Moreno taught Miller what it takes to be successful.
It is also happening with RT as well. It is no coincidence that since Marino arrived, RT's game has improved.
Moreno is a warrior. We need those guys.

I think this is true. Moreno taught Miller what it takes to be successful.
It is also happening with RT as well. It is no coincidence that since Marino arrived, RT's game has improved.
Moreno is a warrior. We need those guys.
good point. Tanny's QBR has gone through the roof since Dan started working w him. I hadn't thought about it but you wonder how much more powerful it is for a young guy to listen to advice from a legend player as opposed to their position coach etc. Great observation.

his 1 year contract screamed patchwork until a better solution was found and with the injuries and the run game still being successful i think he is gone and we go you and draft a guy. RB's are turning into a dime a dozen players and arent that hard to find a good back anymore.

Aaaaah yes, dreams of having Moreno and Branden Albert back on the field for this playoff push :boohoo:

If he's healthy and we can sign him for a good price it would be ridiculous to not re-sign him.

He was easily the best back on the team this year and we wouldn't have beaten NE without him. If he doesn't get hurt he more than likely would have made the difference in some of our losses also.

Agreed. His price significantly diminished after his latest injury too. He may not have any suitors actually, but we should definitely offer him a cheap contract.

Moreno wont be back with the team next year.

Miller/Williams will be the future 1-2 punch for some time.

Maybe he comes back on a camp try out? But not sure how many teams will line up to offer anything more than another 1-year prove it deal to a 29 year old RB coming off a torn ACL.

i met him yesterday and he wasn't using a walker or wearing a boot, but he was limping quite a bit and walking really slow & carefully...

Dustin Keller is retired

Moreno is a FA and Miami probably won't resign them as they have cap issues this offseason. Pouncey, Oddrick, and a decision on Tannehill.

Moreno is gone

Moreno may come back at a lower price. A lot of teams will hesitate giving him a big payday. He may want to come back just to prove himself.

...He was easily the best back on the team this year and we wouldn't have beaten NE without him. If he doesn't get hurt he more than likely would have made the difference in some of our losses also.

This is another reason why I feel Philbin needs to go! After Moreno got hurt, and seeing how effective the running game was with a strong RB, Philbin should have been all over Hickey to replace Moreno with whichever decent RB he could find. There should've been busloads of RBs getting a look, but instead they bring back Daniel Thomas (who is not the same type of back as Moreno) and put their hope in the rookie Williams. Williams may be good one day, but Miami needed a vet. They didn't need a Superstar RB; just someone who could run with some power, break a few tackles, and convert those 3rd and shorts. That could've made the difference in the losses to Green Bay and Detroit, as Miami was unable to pound the ball to run out the clock. The fact that Moreno was not replaced tells me that Philbin really doesn't care about the running game at all. And, as I've said many times, when he was hired he said that in his "system" the short passing game will basically take the place of the running game. Even without replacing Moreno, Miami never sticks with Miller running the ball even when he's doing well. He only had 12 carries against Denver. 12? Why wouldn't you want to run the ball and keep Manning on the bench? I can't wait until Philbin is fired.

This is another reason why I feel Philbin needs to go! After Moreno got hurt, and seeing how effective the running game was with a strong RB, Philbin should have been all over Hickey to replace Moreno with whichever decent RB he could find. There should've been busloads of RBs getting a look, but instead they bring back Daniel Thomas (who is not the same type of back as Moreno) and put their hope in the rookie Williams. Williams may be good one day, but Miami needed a vet. They didn't need a Superstar RB; just someone who could run with some power, break a few tackles, and convert those 3rd and shorts. That could've made the difference in the losses to Green Bay and Detroit, as Miami was unable to pound the ball to run out the clock. The fact that Moreno was not replaced tells me that Philbin really doesn't care about the running game at all. And, as I've said many times, when he was hired he said that in his "system" the short passing game will basically take the place of the running game. Even without replacing Moreno, Miami never sticks with Miller running the ball even when he's doing well. He only had 12 carries against Denver. 12? Why wouldn't you want to run the ball and keep Manning on the bench? I can't wait until Philbin is fired.
Ross is not that "football" smart to know that Philbin was supposed to do that!

Knowshon will only be 28 at the start of next year, Brent Grimes was older then that when he started his comeback after his injury in which Atlanta gave up on him for that exact reason. Knowshon has an energy that is just sick. He pops up from the ground after being tackled like Walter Payton used to. He carries players on his back and jukes opposition leaving them basically shoeless. I have to think we would have made the playoffs with him healthy all year. I'm sure his salary will be less then last years $3 mil which we will be able to afford after we cut Hartline and other dead weight. If we don't resign him with all that energy and those amazing skills he possesses it will be a mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gordon, Miller, Williams!

I like the energy he brought to the team and after game one thought he was going to have a nice year. The injury thing is there with him for sure. The problem is if you re sign him and he goes out again after game three your snakebitten. I am not sure the front offiice is going to take that chance.

Back
Top Bottom