Koa Misi should be signing soon with Dolphins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Koa Misi should be signing soon with Dolphins

Hearing things remain quiet with Misi and person I spoke to remains skeptical of him signing before camp, however they tells me he does not expect Misi to hold out for long if he does, especially with a starting job up for grabs. Was reminded this will be last year rookies get big $, so a lot is on the line. Will keep you updated if I hear anything else.

I agree with hoops. He'd be stupid to hold out. Then again he probably knows he's being set up to start from the get go and play 1,000 snaps. He'll be in position to earn loads of incentives so those incentives are even bigger for him than they are for most rookies who realistically aren't in position to achieve them.

Who's his agent? Anyone have statistics on his record on getting guys to camp on time?

He'll be ok. None of you guys fluffing up Ronnie Brown should say anything, either....since RB held out.

It's business.

Just remember this when you speak of Misi if he holds out.

those incentive clauses are probably whats holding it up...like magoo said he's got a chance to hit plenty of them...provided he gets in camp

it is business...just like it was business for derrick harvey couple years ago when he held out forever and he still hasn't made a play as an nfl starter to my recollection...but that was a top 15 pick...i don't see a pick #40 in the end finagling his way into much of anything...other than these incentive clauses likely holding this puppy up

He'll be ok. None of you guys fluffing up Ronnie Brown should say anything, either....since RB held out.

It's business.

Just remember this when you speak of Misi if he holds out.

Comparing the #2 overall pick holding out and the #40 overall pick holding out is just ridiculous. Second rounders like Misi never hold out and should never if they have brains in their head. If there's a problem it's only that he's been so obviously handed the keys it gives him and his people the leverage to squeeze something extra out of the Dolphins.

Comparing the #2 overall pick holding out and the #40 overall pick holding out is just ridiculous. Second rounders like Misi never hold out and should never if they have brains in their head. If there's a problem it's only that he's been so obviously handed the keys it gives him and his people the leverage to squeeze something extra out of the Dolphins.
I disagree. What's the difference other than leverage on one side of the table?

I disagree. What's the difference other than leverage on one side of the table?

The difference is that the history of top 5 picks holding out is long and well documented, while the history of second round picks holding out is non-existent.

The difference is that the history of top 5 picks holding out is long and well documented, while the history of second round picks holding out is non-existent.

So there's no diffrerence other than precident that has nothing to do with either player.

Back
Top Bottom