Kobe vs Shaq part IV | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kobe vs Shaq part IV

Section126 said:
Defense= CHECK
REBOUNDING= CHECK
Ability to take over a game and win it single handedly on a consitent basis= CHECK

And not to mention that he is the most clutch player in the game= CHECK

So what's your point?

Kobe just shoots more and is a better 3 pt. shooter...Wade happens to be younger and a better teammate.

I would rather have Dwayne...you keep mr. ball Hog.

Exactly. It's pointless to even debate the two. Kobe is a GREAT individual player, and Wade is a GREAT team player.

Blueprint said:
Exactly. It's pointless to even debate the two. Kobe is a GREAT individual player, and Wade is a GREAT team player.

Most ridiculous thing I've ever heard and last season was even bigger proof. Kobe LED all SGs in assists...

Did you hear that right? He led all SGs in assists... :goof:

Jaj said:
Most ridiculous thing I've ever heard and last season was even bigger proof. Kobe LED all SGs in assists...

Did you hear that right? He led all SGs in assists... :goof:
No he didn't. Where'd you get that info from? Wade had more than him.

Blueprint said:
No he didn't. Where'd you get that info from? Wade had more than him.

My bad, second, but the point is why aren't guys like Paul Pierce considered ball hogs but Kobe is.

It's not Kobe's team has any other good scorers. Frankly in the starting line-up there's no one other than Kobe that can shoot worth a damn. Smush isn't a great shooter, Odom is mediocre, Kwame certainly can't shoot, and Mihm is a C but a decent one at that. What can the man do? He's the best scorer on the team and if he's the best chance for the Lakers to win then why not shoot.

Jaj said:
My bad, second, but the point is why aren't guys like Paul Pierce considered ball hogs but Kobe is.
It doesn't really come down to assists to me. It comes down to how you play the game.

Kobe haters really don't have a leg to stand on here. I have heard people call him selfish and a ball hog but really, who else can make a shot as often as he does? Lamar is timid and sometimes refuses to shoot, Smuch will always jack it up, but it doesn't always go in. Mihm and Kwame trade night where they are productive, therefore rendering them unreliable. Devean George has played his heart out but really is best suited as a sixth man. Bynum will be a force but is too young and too green. Walton is a psser first, shooter second.

Face it. Kobe is their best and sometimes, only option. Despite that enormous role and obvious place the Lakers will go, he still gets it done. He made Payton and Wade look silly tonight. Anyone who thinks Wade is on Kobe's level is insane. Kobe is doing this without the help of really anyone. Wade has Shaq right now, who even though diminished, is still a presence.

Don't get me wrong. Players like LeBron and Wade are going to CARRY this league in the future. They are just not in Kobe's stratosphere right now. Heck, no one is right now. He is playing on another level. Hopefully, as a Laker fan, it lasts the rest of the way.

Great game tonight. I really like how the Heat didn't give in even being down by 19. Made for an exciting finish. Nice to see Shaq finally be a man and acknowledge Kobe ( who has been doing that since the split with little to no credit ) only to see him almost give it back by trying to take Bynum's head off. Yes, I know Bynum initiated contact, but had Kobe done that to some rookie guard on the Heat, you all would be exploding with rage. Shaq should have been tossed, but I am glad he wasn't as it would have made the game less fun.

Id take LeBron and Dwayne over Kobe, I know he's your boy Samphin but Kobe's team is mediocre at best with him taking all the shots. These other guys put up great numbers and their team's are going to be in the playoffs, Kobe's might very well be watching the playoffs on TV. Ive seen plenty of Laker games, Kobe doesnt even try to get his teamates involved, they know it and they don't even try to get involved. They just stand around and watch. Kobe's selfish label is well earned.

finfansince72 said:
Id take LeBron and Dwayne over Kobe, I know he's your boy Samphin but Kobe's team is mediocre at best with him taking all the shots. These other guys put up great numbers and their team's are going to be in the playoffs, Kobe's might very well be watching the playoffs on TV. Ive seen plenty of Laker games, Kobe doesnt even try to get his teamates involved, they know it and they don't even try to get involved. They just stand around and watch. Kobe's selfish label is well earned.

Yeah, because Lebron has done great things with the Cavs. :rolleyes: Wade is further along in my book than even Lebron, but that is because he has Shaq. Lebron literally has nothing, just like Kobe.

The only reason LeBron's team and Wade's team have the records they do is because they are in the eastern conference. The margin has shrunk, but the west is still stronger top to bottom which makes getting to the playoffs, a lot harder.

Wait a minute...you are glad that Shaq "manned up" and acknowledged Kobe?

What Kobe did to SHAQ was grounds for a fist fight and never speaking to him again....what Kobe did started his legend as a scumbag.

A) Kobe accused Shaq of raping women.

B) Kobe said that Shaq had a woman in every NBA city. (Just what a wife wants to hear.)

C) Kobe ran Shaq out of town.

D) Kobe ran Phil Jackson out of town and thus upset Shaq.

Just to remind you of what a piece of garbage the rapist is.

Section126 said:
Wait a minute...you are glad that Shaq "manned up" and acknowledged Kobe?

What Kobe did to SHAQ was grounds for a fist fight and never speaking to him again....what Kobe did started his legend as a scumbag.

A) Kobe accused Shaq of raping women.

People hate Kobe LONG before the rape incident. The fact is, he has had a backlash since ocming into the league. For unwarrented reasons, he is villified.

A) Kobe absolutely NEVER accused Shaq of raping women. Even if you believe that he said the things the racist cops in Colorado claimed he did, you cannot deduce that he was talking about rape. If anything, he was talking about paying off women to keep them shut about the affairs they were having.

B) Kobe said that Shaq had a woman in every NBA city. (Just what a wife wants to hear.)

Again, find me a place where he said this. Even if he did, it is probably true. Have you seen the numbers on NBA players and extra marital affairs. It is truly mindboggling.

C) Kobe ran Shaq out of town.
:rolleyes: Shaq ran Shaq out of town. He was fat, milking injuries and wanted more money a year than most teams annual payroll. The bottom line was that Dr. Buss made the decision for the future, rather than the very short present where Shaq may have been able to help. Shaq constantly threatoned retirement ( either because of West leaving or to pursue his cop career ), disrupted the team while they were playing games over his contract dispute and constantly misse dpractices. Not too mention the horrible way he rehabbed his tow. His attitude was horrendous towards the end. Combine that with his declining play and health + the amount of money he was demanding and you have a formula for disaster. The media likes to pin this on Kobe because it makes for a better story and gives them their bad guy. The issue was between Shaq and Buss.
D) Kobe ran Phil Jackson out of town and thus upset Shaq.

I don't really doubt this. It is no secret that Jackson and Kobe could not see eye to eye. Phil's contract was up as it was. It wasn't like Kobe had him fired like Magic did to coaches or forced them to "resign" like a certain Big Fella helped do in Miami this season. Shaq would have been gone either way, so that part I disagree with. Oh and in case you hadn't noticed, Phil came back to coach Lakers with Kobe still on the team. It should tell you something right there.
Just to remind you of what a piece of garbage the rapist is.

Just to remind you what a piece of garbage Shaq is. Seriously, if you want to slander/libel someone, feel free. I find it funny that people cling onto calling Kobe a rapist because of what some opportunistic teenager claimed.

As it stands though, I don't expect you to od anything but tow the line for shaq and your team. Afterall, you are a fan of the Heat and thus side with them regardless. Heck, I tend to side with the Lakers 99% of the time myself. We will just have to agree to disagree...and agree to agree about our beloved fins. :tongue: :dolphins:

Samphin...you are outnumbered One Million to one here....

Shaq is beloved...and an overall great guy........The guy is a great guy on and off the court.

Kobe on the other hand is a jerk by all accounts.

The following statement by Kobe Bryant was issued after sexual assault charges against him were dropped:

"First, I want to apologize directly to the young woman involved in this incident. I want to apologize to her for my behavior that night and for the consequences she has suffered in the past year. Although this year has been incredibly difficult for me personally, I can only imagine the pain she has had to endure. I also want to apologize to her parents and family members, and to my family and friends and supporters, and to the citizens of Eagle, Colo.

"I also want to make it clear that I do not question the motives of this young woman. No money has been paid to this woman. She has agreed that this statement will not be used against me in the civil case. Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter.

"I issue this statement today fully aware that while one part of this case ends today, another remains. I understand that the civil case against me will go forward. That part of this case will be decided by and between the parties directly involved in the incident and will no longer be a financial or emotional drain on the citizens of the state of Colorado."

Samphin, Kobe doesnt question the motives of the woman and admitted that she didnt believe the sex was consensual. This is pretty much the definition of rape. It doesnt matter whether Kobe 'thought' the sex was consensual, the victim didnt. Why apologize if you had the case dropped? Kobe apologized and settled the civil trial because he did something really stupid. I can't recall anyone being accused of crime like this issuing a statement like this, Kobe pretty much admitted to having sex with her without her consent and apologized for it, and paid for it. Great guy though, youre right.

Back
Top Bottom