Kobe vs Shaq part IV | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kobe vs Shaq part IV

Samphin said:
People hate Kobe LONG before the rape incident. The fact is, he has had a backlash since ocming into the league. For unwarrented reasons, he is villified.

A) Kobe absolutely NEVER accused Shaq of raping women. Even if you believe that he said the things the racist cops in Colorado claimed he did, you cannot deduce that he was talking about rape. If anything, he was talking about paying off women to keep them shut about the affairs they were having.

Again, find me a place where he said this. Even if he did, it is probably true. Have you seen the numbers on NBA players and extra marital affairs. It is truly mindboggling.

:rolleyes: Shaq ran Shaq out of town. He was fat, milking injuries and wanted more money a year than most teams annual payroll. The bottom line was that Dr. Buss made the decision for the future, rather than the very short present where Shaq may have been able to help. Shaq constantly threatoned retirement ( either because of West leaving or to pursue his cop career ), disrupted the team while they were playing games over his contract dispute and constantly misse dpractices. Not too mention the horrible way he rehabbed his tow. His attitude was horrendous towards the end. Combine that with his declining play and health + the amount of money he was demanding and you have a formula for disaster. The media likes to pin this on Kobe because it makes for a better story and gives them their bad guy. The issue was between Shaq and Buss.

I don't really doubt this. It is no secret that Jackson and Kobe could not see eye to eye. Phil's contract was up as it was. It wasn't like Kobe had him fired like Magic did to coaches or forced them to "resign" like a certain Big Fella helped do in Miami this season. Shaq would have been gone either way, so that part I disagree with. Oh and in case you hadn't noticed, Phil came back to coach Lakers with Kobe still on the team. It should tell you something right there.

Just to remind you what a piece of garbage Shaq is. Seriously, if you want to slander/libel someone, feel free. I find it funny that people cling onto calling Kobe a rapist because of what some opportunistic teenager claimed.

As it stands though, I don't expect you to od anything but tow the line for shaq and your team. Afterall, you are a fan of the Heat and thus side with them regardless. Heck, I tend to side with the Lakers 99% of the time myself. We will just have to agree to disagree...and agree to agree about our beloved fins. :tongue: :dolphins:

I am a Heat Fan. I like Shaq. I like Kobe. Kobe isn't as bad as people make him out to be...end of story.

finfansince72 said:
The following statement by Kobe Bryant was issued after sexual assault charges against him were dropped:

"First, I want to apologize directly to the young woman involved in this incident. I want to apologize to her for my behavior that night and for the consequences she has suffered in the past year. Although this year has been incredibly difficult for me personally, I can only imagine the pain she has had to endure. I also want to apologize to her parents and family members, and to my family and friends and supporters, and to the citizens of Eagle, Colo.

"I also want to make it clear that I do not question the motives of this young woman. No money has been paid to this woman. She has agreed that this statement will not be used against me in the civil case. Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter.

"I issue this statement today fully aware that while one part of this case ends today, another remains. I understand that the civil case against me will go forward. That part of this case will be decided by and between the parties directly involved in the incident and will no longer be a financial or emotional drain on the citizens of the state of Colorado."

Samphin, Kobe doesnt question the motives of the woman and admitted that she didnt believe the sex was consensual. This is pretty much the definition of rape. It doesnt matter whether Kobe 'thought' the sex was consensual, the victim didnt. Why apologize if you had the case dropped? Kobe apologized and settled the civil trial because he did something really stupid. I can't recall anyone being accused of crime like this issuing a statement like this, Kobe pretty much admitted to having sex with her without her consent and apologized for it, and paid for it. Great guy though, youre right.

Maybe because he wants the whole thing to go away? Remember, the case had already been thrown out of criminal court due to lack of evidencem essentially. The prosecution knew they wouldn't be able to get a conviction and the girl ended up refusing to testify due to her history of MENTAL ILLNESS and outlandish claims being exposed.

This settlement was part of the civil suit in which the lady sued for monetary purposes. It is of my opinion that that is what she was after all along. If not, the "apology" should have sufficed.

Meanwhile, Kobe is paying tons of money for legal counsel and wanted her and her problem to simply go away. This was the easiest and quickest way to do it. Otherwise, it would have dragged on and on and more than likely, Kobe's other affairs would have surfaced ( much to his chagrin ) and more people would have been hurt. Anyone who thinks he raped this girl and thinks that this letter proves it is barking up the wrong tree.

Prime Time said:
I am a Heat Fan. I like Shaq. I like Kobe. Kobe isn't as bad as people make him out to be...end of story.

Another voice of reason. :D I don't hate Shaq at all. I love that he helped get my Lakers three more championships and was shippe dout at the right time. I just can't stand when people pile on a guy ( be it Kobe or whoever ) without a real reason to. It smacks of insecurity on their part.

Section126 said:
Samphin...you are outnumbered One Million to one here....

Shaq is beloved...and an overall great guy........The guy is a great guy on and off the court.

Kobe on the other hand is a jerk by all accounts.

Please, don't lie. I have at least two other people on my side in this thread. :D

Shaq's a great guy huh? Tell that to Brad Miller hwo he suckered punched a few years back. I am sure He loves Shaq. Tell that to Penny Hardaway, Stan Van Gundy, Kobe Bryant and Vlade Divac. Heck, after last night's display of cowardice, you can probably take Andrew Bynum off his Christmas card list as well.

Personally? I like Shaq. I think he has a lot of good qualities. But I also think Kobe is a good guy ( in general ) as well. Just because one panders to the media every chance he gets and the other would rather not bother, makes one the bad guy and one the good guy.

P.S. I highly doubt all you Heat fans loved Shaq when he played for L.A. Somewhat of fairweathered fans maybe?

Samphin said:
Maybe because he wants the whole thing to go away? Remember, the case had already been thrown out of criminal court due to lack of evidencem essentially. The prosecution knew they wouldn't be able to get a conviction and the girl ended up refusing to testify due to her history of MENTAL ILLNESS and outlandish claims being exposed.

This settlement was part of the civil suit in which the lady sued for monetary purposes. It is of my opinion that that is what she was after all along. If not, the "apology" should have sufficed.

Meanwhile, Kobe is paying tons of money for legal counsel and wanted her and her problem to simply go away. This was the easiest and quickest way to do it. Otherwise, it would have dragged on and on and more than likely, Kobe's other affairs would have surfaced ( much to his chagrin ) and more people would have been hurt. Anyone who thinks he raped this girl and thinks that this letter proves it is barking up the wrong tree.

Ive heard of tons of rape and sexual assault claims made and settled, Ive never read something like this. It was an admission that Kobe had unconsentual sex with her, that is rape by definition. Again, Ive never heard of someone this high profile saying something like this to get out of something. Usually the money is enough but Kobe had to admit to something, that isnt usually the way it works. I think he had more to hide that a civil trial would have brought to light. Again, hes not the great guy you keep defending and people have ample reason to dislike him. Youre being a fanboy, not objective in the least.

Samphin said:
Please, don't lie. I have at least two other people on my side in this thread. :D

Shaq's a great guy huh? Tell that to Brad Miller hwo he suckered punched a few years back. I am sure He loves Shaq. Tell that to Penny Hardaway, Stan Van Gundy, Kobe Bryant and Vlade Divac. Heck, after last night's display of cowardice, you can probably take Andrew Bynum off his Christmas card list as well.

Personally? I like Shaq. I think he has a lot of good qualities. But I also think Kobe is a good guy ( in general ) as well. Just because one panders to the media every chance he gets and the other would rather not bother, makes one the bad guy and one the good guy.

P.S. I highly doubt all you Heat fans loved Shaq when he played for L.A. Somewhat of fairweathered fans maybe?

Samphin, Shaq is beloved...I repeat...he is beloved...Kobe is hated...that is a fact....

Stop being a fanboy and just face that fact.

Stop trying to convince yourself that Shaq is just as bad...or that Kobe is really a good guy.

Shaq is one of the most or THE most generous athlete of our time....it is an insult to even compare the two.

And BTW...I call it as I see it....

I have met alot of these guys ( I used to be a memorabilia dealer) and I can say without a doubt that some of the athletes I hated the most...were some of the nicest guys you could ever meet. (Patrick Ewing, Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith)

And some of my favorites were total A-Holes, (John Offerdahl, Dan Marino, Tim Hardaway)

Blueprint said:
No he didn't. Where'd you get that info from? Wade had more than him.

Dwyane Wade ran the point last year, he wasn't the 2G.

SMadison29 said:
Dwyane Wade ran the point last year, he wasn't the 2G.

He did for the first 15 games or so...But when Damon Jones was put into the starting lineup....Wade was the 2G, and Damon ran the offense.

So...NO...he was a 2G last year.

Section126 said:

I have met alot of these guys ( I used to be a memorabilia dealer) and I can say without a doubt that some of the athletes I hated the most...were some of the nicest guys you could ever meet. (Patrick Ewing, Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith)

And some of my favorites were total A-Holes, (John Offerdahl, Dan Marino, Tim Hardaway)
But see, I have met Tim Hardaway and he was one of the nicest guys in sports I had ever talked to. Same goes for Rickey Henderson ( who happens to be a friend ofmy family ).

Granted, if Tim, Dan and John were nasty towards you, I can fully understand why you would consider them A-holes. But again, you odn't know what wasgoing on in their personal lives or if they were having a bad day.

I guess part of the reason I come to the defense of people who are scrutinized in public is because I have been on the other side of it. I used to be a pro wrestler. I was never "famous" by any stretch of the imagination. But on occasion a local wrestling fan would acknowledge you. Most often than not, you were grateful for it. However, there are certain times where you just want to be left alone, even if only one person recognizes you.

I am assuming that you met these guys during a show or convention. If that is the case, then, it certainly sounds like they should know exactly what they are in for.

Samphin said:
But see, I have met Tim Hardaway and he was one of the nicest guys in sports I had ever talked to. Same goes for Rickey Henderson ( who happens to be a friend ofmy family ).

Granted, if Tim, Dan and John were nasty towards you, I can fully understand why you would consider them A-holes. But again, you odn't know what wasgoing on in their personal lives or if they were having a bad day.

I guess part of the reason I come to the defense of people who are scrutinized in public is because I have been on the other side of it. I used to be a pro wrestler. I was never "famous" by any stretch of the imagination. But on occasion a local wrestling fan would acknowledge you. Most often than not, you were grateful for it. However, there are certain times where you just want to be left alone, even if only one person recognizes you.

I am assuming that you met these guys during a show or convention. If that is the case, then, it certainly sounds like they should know exactly what they are in for.

I was actually helping with a card show and had to deal with John and Tim directly....John Offerdahl especially was a total jerk.

Section126 said:

Hey 126 did they know you were a Memorabilia dealer,cause I've heard they(pros) don't care a lot for those type.

Short story > My brother-in-law(b.i.l.)met Dan Marino when he worked for Dreamworks.He(b.i.l) asked Dan If he could sign this "pamphlet"(which was about DM) for me(after briefly telling DM I was a huge phin-fan and DM was my favorite player) Dan did sign that and told my b.i.l. he would do better than that which resulted in me getting this personally addressed signed football.I know it's just one story but everyone's human and maybe you just caught DM on a bad day.
DanMarinosignedFootball008-1.jpg

So you can see why DM's ok in my book. Btw my brother-in-law said he was one of the nicest guys he's ever met.Oh and my b.i.l. is no huge sports fan either. Anyway that's my 2 cents for what it's worth.

Just to add: Mark McGwire is generally perceived to be an extremely nice guy. Steroids aside, fans, and writers alike talk about how genuinely nice he is. Well, he was rude to me and I was only a kid.

On a positive note however, Dave Henderson, Mike Gallegos, Walt Weiss and the rest of the Oakland A's players from the late 80's/early 90's were really good to me and my sister. It pays to know people who know...people. :D

I don't think they knew I was a memorabilia dealer...but they did know I was connected to the event....

As far as they knew...I was a guy that was there to make them feel comfortable.

Lets just say that John Offerdahl was rude enough that if it were on the street under other circumstances, there might have been some rough words followed by a probable fist fight...but I just took it because I needed the money more than I needed to pop him in the face.

Tim was just an A-Hole....Marino was just arrogant and extremely demanding...

Back
Top Bottom