Konrad keeps on making an impact | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Konrad keeps on making an impact

I've learned to respect the guy. Although fullbacks go unnoticed, Konrad has been blasted for not making a big impact receiving out of the backfield but fulllbacks are rarely asked to do that. Everytime Ricky takes a beating, Konrad does too. He doesn't have the rushing yards tagged to his name though just like the lineman. Konrad has earned my respect, he has improved very well in run blocking.

The more and more I think about it, it's a shame he doesn't get the ball more. He has a lot of skill, that's obvious. But he gets the ball so rarely that when he does it looks like he tries too hard to make a huge play because he knows he won't get it again. Hopefully AJ Feeley's first few years in the league in a West Coast offense will help get the ball to Konrad more.

ZOD said:
http://www.syracuse.com/sports/poststandard/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/1088325416167274.xml

"I don't think it would be unrealistic to carry the ball twice a game and maybe four receptions a game," Konrad said of his dream role. "That would be something very easily accomplished to help out a team."

Konrad is VERY underutilized in this offense IMO.
The guy has receiver speed and good hands.
He should be matched up on a LB and thrown to at least once a game.
That would at least make teams spend some time gameplanning and to force those defenses to account for where he is on passing plays.
Think about it, how dangerous could a play action fake to Ricky with Konrad faking the lead block and full out sprinting into a pass patern against a LB?

RUDEbyallMEANS said:
I've learned to respect the guy. Although fullbacks go unnoticed, Konrad has been blasted for not making a big impact receiving out of the backfield but fulllbacks are rarely asked to do that. Everytime Ricky takes a beating, Konrad does too. He doesn't have the rushing yards tagged to his name though just like the lineman. Konrad has earned my respect, he has improved very well in run blocking.

When Konrad came here his biggest knock was blocking.
The guy paid his dues in Kippy and Gailey's run, run, maybe pass offenses.
He learned how to be a blocking FB and it's been mentioned many times by scouts and announcers how much he improved there. Konrad's job was threatened greatly when Deon Dyer was brought in. Dyer's strength coming in was his blocking ability. Konrad stepped up and beat him out at his own strength. The guy is a complete package and gets little respect for his talent IMO. It's time he got a chance to show his playmaking talents in this offense.

Konrad has deffinatley been used poorly on the Fins. Konrads not known for his punishing run blocking(not to say he cant hold his own) yet they constantly throw him at DE's LBs etc. He needs to get maybe 2 carries a game like he said, and 4 throws would b perfect. Hell out run a good deal of LB's in this leauge. If they get Konrad as ANOTHER offensive weapon, this offfense will b damn good.

Konrad is awesome not only on the field but also with his attitude. Every year they promise this guy more carries and catches and he never gets it. Instead of getting pissed and complaining he goes out works harder and gets better. IMO it's time for him to be rewarded. From what I've heard he's also great in the community. I know he does alot of stuff with Zeta(radio station in Miami) helping to raise money and things like that. He is an awesome all around person and it really is a shame he hasn't been given the opportunity to be a bigger part of the O.

Why would Miami throw him the ball last year?

You can't throw it to him behind the LOS because oline can't block. You can't throw it to him pass the LOS because our QB doesn't have the time because our Oline can't block....

--Ross

I agree, he is underutilized, every time I've noticed him getting a pass or a handoff he seems to come through.

If anything, Konrad is OVERUTILIZED.

There should be no touches in any offense for a fullback who cannot break tackles.

Ross said:
Why would Miami throw him the ball last year?

You can't throw it to him behind the LOS because oline can't block. You can't throw it to him pass the LOS because our QB doesn't have the time because our Oline can't block....

--Ross
Ricky Williams held his own with the same circumstances. Even tho Konrad is deff not as good as RW the way ur saying it ur makin it seem like our O-Line wasnt able to do nething. Pretty close, but RW did fine, im sure Randy mosss still woulda got stats etc. Thts not a valid argument to not give Konrad the ball.

Does anyones else notice that when our offence is really clicking Konrad gets the ball.

Konrad is a great blocking fullback, and occasionally makes great catches out of the back field...

Lets just hope he doesn't keep getting concussions... :pray:

nicolosi718 said:
Does anyones else notice that when our offence is really clicking Konrad gets the ball.

Correlation is not causation.

It's far more likely that Konrad getting the ball is the result of our offense clicking, not anything close to the cause.

Back
Top Bottom