Konrad keeps on making an impact | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Konrad keeps on making an impact

FinFan24 said:
Ricky Williams held his own with the same circumstances. Even tho Konrad is deff not as good as RW the way ur saying it ur makin it seem like our O-Line wasnt able to do nething. Pretty close, but RW did fine, im sure Randy mosss still woulda got stats etc. Thts not a valid argument to not give Konrad the ball.

You say it's not a valid point because RW could do it? *snort* Our Oline couldn't do nething. RW had to make people miss before he ever made it to the LOS. He had the 2nd lowest YPC for a starting RB. Konrad doesn't have the size, or speed to make up for the lack of ability of our Oline...

--Ross

PS: Just because RW could do something, or you think Moss could have done something, doesn't mean Konrad could have done it.

Ross said:
You say it's not a valid point because RW could do it? *snort* Our Oline couldn't do nething. RW had to make people miss before he ever made it to the LOS. He had the 2nd lowest YPC for a starting RB. Konrad doesn't have the size, or speed to make up for the lack of ability of our Oline...

--Ross

PS: Just because RW could do something, or you think Moss could have done something, doesn't mean Konrad could have done it.
WTF r u talkin bout? thts not at all wut i said, plz dont words in my mouth.
U said y would we throw it to Konrad, on account of our O-Line sucked. tht made no sense, if we throw it to Ricky,Randy<Chris and even sometimes Derrius Thompson for tht matter y not Rob Konrad. Blaming his lack of success on the O-Line is fine, not the amount of opportunities for succsess.

Ross said:
I never said tht, in fact i even said tht i wasnt implying tht. But just becuz he MITE not be able to succeed doesnt take away from the fact we dont even give him a chance.

Disgustipate said:
If anything, Konrad is OVERUTILIZED.

There should be no touches in any offense for a fullback who cannot break tackles.

1) what exactly are you referencing to say he can't break tackles?

2) ASSUMING you are right about Konrad not being able to break tackles.
If we were talking about a large FB meant to run up the middle for short yardage gains like Larry Csonka I'd agree.

HOWEVER, when you are talking about a FB that has great hands and the speed of a WR, You are talking about making MISMATCHES in the passing game against linebackers. If he can break off 10-15 yd. gains against a slower LB a couple times a game and maybe even catch a deep ball it really dosen't matter whether he can break tackles or not correct?

FinFan24 said:
I never said tht, in fact i even said tht i wasnt implying tht. But just becuz he MITE not be able to succeed doesnt take away from the fact we dont even give him a chance.

It isn't Konrad that isn't succeeding. It's the oline. When the D creeps 8 in the box, your Fullback isn't exactly your first choice or best option...

--Ross

I agree that Konrad should get more touches. If teams are going to focus on RW, CC, RM and DB that's going to cause situations where RK will be competely uncovered.

The few times I can remember him getting the ball, he was able to follow his blocks and make it upfield, he had excellent vision and knew where to run on the screen. If anything, our poor production from DT and bad o-line should have lead to more passes to Konrad, its not that difficult to swing the ball out to him on the flat. Then again, our coaches (specifically Turner) didn't show any variation from running on first and second down.

Trekbiz said:
1) what exactly are you referencing to say he can't break tackles?

2) ASSUMING you are right about Konrad not being able to break tackles.
If we were talking about a large FB meant to run up the middle for short yardage gains like Larry Csonka I'd agree.

HOWEVER, when you are talking about a FB that has great hands and the speed of a WR, You are talking about making MISMATCHES in the passing game against linebackers. If he can break off 10-15 yd. gains against a slower LB a couple times a game and maybe even catch a deep ball it really dosen't matter whether he can break tackles or not correct?

Exactly when did our oline show the ability to hold up for a FB to work his way 15 yards up the field?

I like Konrad, but thinking this guy could have done something for this O last year is a bit much. I'd love to see the Oline play well enough for the OC to call a 15 yard pass for Konrad this year...

--Ross

Frankly, I'd be upset if Konrad touched the ball more than 6 times a game (and even that seems like a lot to me)... There's only so many downs to go around, and there's 4 other players I would rather see get the ball before him. If you wanna keep the D honest, or throw in change of pace, then sure give it to K-Rad... Otherwise, better get it to CC, Ricky, R-MAC, or D-BOS first!

Ross said:
Exactly when did our oline show the ability to hold up for a FB to work his way 15 yards up the field?

I like Konrad, but thinking this guy could have done something for this O last year is a bit much. I'd love to see the Oline play well enough for the OC to call a 15 yard pass for Konrad this year...

--Ross

I understand what you are saying.
Last year was an unwinnable situation with 2 aspects of the offense being way out of whack. OL and QB were weakpoints.

Konrad has been with the Fins for 6 years not just last year.
His utilization has been up and down during that tenure and he needs to be focused on a little more in the offense as a weapon if anything just to show defenses that they have one more realistic problem to worry about.
No one is saying that using Konrad more would have fixed the problems on offense last year........ At least I hope no one thinks that.

Rob Konrab i think has the ability to make big plays off passing downs....

He's come a long way with his blocking. He doesn't crush people. But he effectively walls them off. And he never misses a block or engages the wrong man.

This is an example of what Konrad does on every play.

To me, Rob is most effective on swing passes to the outside and misdirection screens when Ricky is being keyed on.

I dont think Konrad should get more then 2 carries a game. Weve got RW who will cary it a ton, then 3 RB's behind him who all potentially could have a couple carries a game.The passing game however, i dont think there should b alot of passes designed to go to him, but i think it would help A.J./Jay alot if he was an escape route on alot of passes(atleast ones we dont need him to block, in tht case Rick can be the escape route.)

Back
Top Bottom