Kurt Warner | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kurt Warner

Nev_FSU30

Scout Team
Reaction score
It looks like Kurt Warner will be available after June 1st. They signed Chris Chandler is what leads me to believe that. He would be an excellent pickup IMO.

If available, do you guys think we should go after him?

Would you mind if he was givin' a shot to be a starter for the phins or only as a mentor/backup?(Im pretty sure he would want a shot at being the starter)

Do we cut Jay or Sage at that point?

Am I reaching, is Kurt not even an option at this point, even if he is released?

Kurt would be another good pickup, someone who has been accurate in the past with a gun.

thoughts/comments

He's old, he's past his prime and is really a system QB. I don't think we have the system or the WRs to amke him look good. Plus, with his experience with the team, I think Sage has more to offer us.

I'm in the minority, but I think Warner can still be good. However, Spielman has already made his choice with Feeley. So no, there's no chance we go after Warner.

If we had a Pro Bowl offensive line in front of him, we could make it work because we have two very good wide receivers, solid tight end and fullback, and an elite running back. Problem is, Warner is a statue, doesn't really know how to read defenses, and fumbles pretty much every time he's hit. Look at the stat line from the first game of the year against the Giants, and you will plenty of evidence of this. I say no to Warner.

PLEASE NO!

Griese Part II.. FUMBLE! FUMBLE!

no, we definelty dont need to get Warner.....he's done and washed up, to sign him will be only to be hoping, and right now we need productive players in their prime not players we hope can produce like their old days.

Please No!

God no!

I'd rather Bring Lucas back at least he wasnt a stone

his thumb injury and what seems like weekly concussions have rendered him usless. imo he tore up the league for 3 years b/c nobody could figure out how to defend martz's offense. when dc's figured out that blitzing and bump and run was the answer, combined with martz not giving faulk the ball, warner got exposed.

I really think he is spent...The system he operated in is completely different than ours...ST. L runs a timing type passing system, ours is a play-action, run first system, read and react type system...He would not be a good fit, I don't think. Also he has had a lot of injuries as was mentioned. I just don't think he has much left....

Warner's being held together with spit and bailing twine at this point. He's about as mobile as Brian Griese and would be playing behind a brand new offensive line. That's a sure recipe for his, what, 7th concussion? What's more, he hasn't been any good since 2001 and seems to treat the ball as if it's coated with butter.
And if that's not enough, he could bring that wife of his to town, so we could listen to her call up Hank's show and piss and moan about how AJ Feeley has zero Super Bowl rings and zero MVP trophies, yet he's starting.

But those minor details aside, it sounds like a great plan.

I no this is not politics but I'm undecided. He beats the odds once so maybe he could do it again. I'm not saying that we should get him to be our starter but what'd we have to lose if he was a back up?

Ozzy rules!!

I was kind of hoping Buffalo would sign him and that Couch would go to Pitt leaving Rivers available.

Back
Top Bottom