Kurt Warner | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kurt Warner

No, no, no ... his performance and the resulting stats have been in a free fall over his last six or seven games. It's just not worth it.

Originally posted by rafael
I was kind of hoping Buffalo would sign him and that Couch would go to Pitt leaving Rivers available.

Why would Buffalo sign an over-the-hill statue prone INT's/Fumbles to be the backup to their current starter who is an over-the-hill statue prone INT's/Fumbles??

Doesn't make sense.

I would take him and boot Fiedler. He woudl be great to help develop Feeley and if he had to come into a game he could do it.

It would have to be at a reasonable price, and he would have to compete and be okay with the backup roll if he lost out. If he beats out AJ then so be it.

None of that woudl happen because he wants to start and wants big money.

I would take him and boot Fiedler.

Why don't we just boot everyone?

For all the Fiedler haters out there... let me ask you this...

If JF doesn't start and AJF does, wouldn't you want JF as an emergency net. He's ONLY had winning seasons since he's been here... and oh yea... he seems to know these kids McMichael and Chambers REAL WELL.

I assume you'd wanna trade Fiedler to Tampa and bring back Griese!

Has everyone forgotten that MOST of the games we've lost we had a BACKUP at the helm. Maybe JF is injury prone, but I'd feel MUCH SAFER knowing he's still there if we need him.

He knows the system (Collier's gonna be similar), the coaches, the players and THE PHANS.

The man's done nothing except do his job everytime he's asked.

BTW, have you once heard him COMPLAIN or give an EXCUSE?

GET OFF OF THE MAN'S BACK!

He is like bledsoe... holds the ball to long! Plus we dont have that kind of line st louis has to give him that much time...

Originally posted by fin-atic
I would take him and boot Fiedler. He woudl be great to help develop Feeley and if he had to come into a game he could do it.

It would have to be at a reasonable price, and he would have to compete and be okay with the backup roll if he lost out. If he beats out AJ then so be it.

None of that woudl happen because he wants to start and wants big money.

Take a look at this comparison of their stats over the last three years (includes Warner's monster 2001 campaign):

Warner
Games 25
7.97 y/a
40/34 TDs/INTs (1.17 ratio)
65 sacks/401 yds lost
Fumbles/Fumbles lost 23/9

Fiedler
Games 39
7.05 y/a
45/41 TDs/INTs (1.09 ratio)
59 sacks/393 yds lost
Fumbles/Fumbles lost 16/9

Warner leads in yards per attempts, and it's virtually a dead heat in TD/INT ratio. However, despite appearing in 14 less games, Warner still has more sacks for more yards lost and more fumbles. Add to that the fact Warner's statistical decline has plummeted in his last 9 games and Fiedler's familiarity with our offense, and I think Fiedler's the better value.

I also think Feeley (edit from "is") will be a big upgrade over both.

Miami is getting younger and Warner would not fit in with the young gunz

if u skim through this thread and just read the first sentence of almost all responses it funny as hell!

NO WAY TO WARNER!

Originally posted by grooves12

Why would Buffalo sign an over-the-hill statue prone INT's/Fumbles to be the backup to their current starter who is an over-the-hill statue prone INT's/Fumbles??

Doesn't make sense.

I agree. I wouldn't want this to happen if I were a Buffalo fan, but being a Miami fan, I think it would be great.

Never let a little consistency get in the way of failure. Specially if it's the Bills.

I'm just wondering when will everyone realize that Miami is standing pat with the QB's they have now. There is no need to start anymore threads about drafting a QB in the 1st round and FA pickup.

good points guys. I wasnt looking at him as a stone statue, but its very true recently...post thumb injury, guy hasnt been the same.

pre thumb injury no ones been better, ever.

If Warner would be be willing to be a backup and be paitient I would love to have him.
He does have the skill needed in the backup quarterback spot, he can actually THROW THE BALL. That is also Jay Fiedler's main liability, he CAN NOT THROW the ball.

Back
Top Bottom