Kurt Warner | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kurt Warner

Originally posted by mf52dolphin
If Warner would be be willing to be a backup and be paitient I would love to have him.
He does have the skill needed in the backup quarterback spot, he can actually THROW THE BALL. That is also Jay Fiedler's main liability, he CAN NOT THROW the ball.

Yes, but is Warner throwing the ball effectively anymore? And can he protect it when he's not throwing it? I would argue "no" and point to recent results as evidence.

"pre thumb injury no ones been better, ever."

No-one got luckier ever.

Even that hack Bulger looks good in the Rams offense. A decent QB would put up 35 TD's every season.

Originally posted by Nev_FSU30
It looks like Kurt Warner will be available after June 1st. They signed Chris Chandler is what leads me to believe that. He would be an excellent pickup IMO.

If available, do you guys think we should go after him?

Would you mind if he was givin' a shot to be a starter for the phins or only as a mentor/backup?(Im pretty sure he would want a shot at being the starter)

Do we cut Jay or Sage at that point?

Am I reaching, is Kurt not even an option at this point, even if he is released?

Kurt would be another good pickup, someone who has been accurate in the past with a gun.

thoughts/comments

Do not and I repeat do not bring this up again...:evil:

We don't have the OL to support a KW. period...you need 5 Pro Bowlers...we need a mobile QB at this point until our OL matures.

Hacksaw reported on XTRA690 that Warner to the Raiders may happen. The deal wont cost Oaland much he says as it looks right now. FYI

Originally posted by NathanHunt

Why don't we just boot everyone?

For all the Fiedler haters out there... let me ask you this...

If JF doesn't start and AJF does, wouldn't you want JF as an emergency net. He's ONLY had winning seasons since he's been here... and oh yea... he seems to know these kids McMichael and Chambers REAL WELL.

I assume you'd wanna trade Fiedler to Tampa and bring back Griese!

Has everyone forgotten that MOST of the games we've lost we had a BACKUP at the helm. Maybe JF is injury prone, but I'd feel MUCH SAFER knowing he's still there if we need him.

He knows the system (Collier's gonna be similar), the coaches, the players and THE PHANS.

The man's done nothing except do his job everytime he's asked.

BTW, have you once heard him COMPLAIN or give an EXCUSE?

GET OFF OF THE MAN'S BACK!

AMEN !!!

I'd bring Warner in for a long look if it was up to me. :D

He's had plenty of time for the thumb and whatever injuries to heal. Granted, in terms of mobility, Warner makes Feeley look like Vick... :lol:

You don't need a scrambling QB to win a Super Bowl guys. You do need a pretty solid OL though. We might have the makings of one. Ricky would take a lot of pressure off too.

Odds are Warner is finished, I understand that. However, at vet minimum and if he looked good in a workout? Might as well drop Sage (he will never get a shot here) and sign Kurt.

Since the report is that the Raiders will actually give up a draft pick for him, I guess the point is moot. I should clarify, though; I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in for the veteran minimum and making him earn a roster spot (to say nothing of starting or backing up). I don't think anyone is opposed to that. I just wouldn't cut Jay to get him. I probably wouldn't even cut Sage. Go into camp with 4 QBs and make them earn their stripes.

But the Raiders apparently want to back up an ancient QB with a brittle QB. Good for them. Hey, maybe they can get the Rams to throw in Crystal Chandelier, too, who's both ancient and brittle.

Commitment to Excellence my @$$.

Back
Top Bottom