Kyle Turley Rant | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kyle Turley Rant

Wow, I bit. I read the whole thing. It was really long and I didn't think I was going to read it all but man the more I read the more I wanted to read it. Kyle Turley is the MAN. He knows how to express himself pretty darn well, and its hard to argue with him when he's comin out with the proofs and everything like his lease with Tom Benson, the writer adding in his own sources about Benson flashing his yacht and collecting payroll taxes on the complimentary tickets, the big fine the food catering place got, and Loomis saying "we don't NEED to feed you food, if you dont like it, dont eat it"

OMG. I just wonder how any Saints fan can read that and immediately call for the ouster of Tom Benson, Mickey Loomis, and possibly even Jim Haslett.

Oh and also, concerning letting Turley get away from us, take your choice.

Junior Seau, Sammy Knight, Jeff Zgonina, and Brian Griese...

or

Kyle Turley, Kyle Turley, Kyle Turley, and Kyle Turley.

Did I mention that the 4 Turley's above would come in the form or 1 man who would only be a mediocre left tackle?

Ever since I watched him hurl that Jets helmet across the field, he will always be cool in my book, that was balls to the wall - in your face - awesome:rocker:

Most definitely that was cool cuz Damien Robinson was damn near about to KILL Aaron Brooks. I can't believe Haslett wanted to cut him next day. I would have given him a frickin GAME BALL for that game man. The NFL should have had the personal fouls be off-setting and just ejected Turley for his antics thats all. It sucks that Turley basically defending his quarterback and going over the top doing it actually helped kill their chances of coming back.

Meanwhile Terrell Owens is spinning a football on the Dallas Star, and Darren Woodson runs over and just PILE-DRIVES his @ss in defense of Dallas' honor...

No flag thrown.

Naw man, it was our very own Lawrence Fishburne impersonator....George Teague. :)

Turley went OFF!! I love the guy. I love his ferocity. While they were pissed off because the penalty killed their drive.....you can bet that Aaron Brooks was glad to have Turley on his side in the heat of the moment. That's the kind of guy you want with you in the trenches. I like his phrase "Serve and Protect".

And that's the kind of guy that George Teague is too. It's about pride and territory. Turley stands up for his. And so does George Teague.

But was that not one of the greatest moments in football you ever witnessed, with Emmitt Smith responding in the same way (running to midfield and slamming the ball)?? It gets me fired up!! I'm going to look for the video and download it as soon as I get back home this weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Muck
Naw man, it was our very own Lawrence Fishburne impersonator....George Teague. :)

Turley went OFF!! I love the guy. I love his ferocity. While they were pissed off because the penalty killed their drive.....you can bet that Aaron Brooks was glad to have Turley on his side in the heat of the moment. That's the kind of guy you want with you in the trenches. I like his phrase "Serve and Protect".

And that's the kind of guy that George Teague is too. It's about pride and territory. Turley stands up for his. And so does George Teague.

But was that not one of the greatest moments in football you ever witnessed, with Emmitt Smith responding in the same way (running to midfield and slamming the ball)?? It gets me fired up!! I'm going to look for the video and download it as soon as I get back home this weekend.
If you find the video for it online please post the link, I'd like to have a copy of that. thanks.:cool:

And upon my search, I found out that Darren Woodson WAS ejected that game right before Teague.....for kicking the ball and throwing his helmet after Niners center Jeremy Newberry stepped on his chest after the whistle.....and the refs didn't call it.

Originally posted by Jaydog57
Ever since I watched him hurl that Jets helmet across the field, he will always be cool in my book, that was balls to the wall - in your face - awesome:rocker:

I was a Turley fan at that very moment as well.

Which Dol-Fan did not become a Turley fan that night, I remember it clearly on Sunday Night Football. That instantly made me like him, then all the publicity he got the following week being on all the football shows (pre-taped interviews) before the 1 o'clock games, made me like ihm more.

who dosent love turley after that incident? :) turley if they mistreat u in st louis come down to miami! lol

Yeah Kyle would have been a huge pick-up for us. He would have given us the fire and togetherness a OL needs. After reading the article I will make two observations. 1. He would be hard to play with for an entire season without him finding something wrong. He seems to have a chip on his shoulders and looks for things to piss him off. 2. He is DEFINITLY someone I would want to have my back.
He could have been a great pickup but he could have been a cancer also if things didn't go perfect. I'm a huge fan of his and thought he got a terrible rap for the incident in the jet game but after reading the article maybe it was better that we didn't get him. I will say this though. It would NOT have been boring!!!!!

Originally posted by FINFAN38
Yeah Kyle would have been a huge pick-up for us. He would have given us the fire and togetherness a OL needs. After reading the article I will make two observations. 1. He would be hard to play with for an entire season without him finding something wrong. He seems to have a chip on his shoulders and looks for things to piss him off. 2. He is DEFINITLY someone I would want to have my back.
He could have been a great pickup but he could have been a cancer also if things didn't go perfect. I'm a huge fan of his and thought he got a terrible rap for the incident in the jet game but after reading the article maybe it was better that we didn't get him. I will say this though. It would NOT have been boring!!!!!

Where would he have played? He's a RT and we have one in Wade. He's a very mediocre LT. So much so that he's not much of an upgrade at all over Dixon. Also his signing would have killed the signings on Zgonina, Knight and Seau and possibly Thompson.

I agree the money he was asking was too much, but I consider him better than a mediocre LT. Just the attitude he brings would have helped the whole OL. I DO like the moves we have made better than jus getting him, and if we would have paid his price that is the way it would have played out.

I know a couple Saints fan that are irate Turley was let go...
Then they let fan favourite Sammy Knight go ???
Haslett has got a lot of explaining to do especially if all his personnel moves don't pan out...
He's ruining the great job Randy Mueller did in drafting quality players...:nono:

Back
Top Bottom