L.T. Leading Rusher!?!?! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

L.T. Leading Rusher!?!?!

K-Rob

Go Fish!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
ESPN NFL Countdown is talking about who they feel are the best Fantasy picks. Tom Jackson and Mike Golic just stated that they feel Ladanian Tomlinson will lead the NFL in rushing......L.T.!?!?! John Clayton then stepped in and gave Ricky his props and said that he'll lead the league. But what do you guys think about that? Will "Marty Ball" give L.T. the rushing title this year?

BTW, Mike Golic also picked the Bucs and Fins in the S.B.

No way man, Ricky won't be taken out of the 4th quarter this year. :)

Also the attack of our pass will make it easier on Ricky.

Kinda like Bledsoe and Henry (Why he gets all his yards) except Ricky is even better, but the threat won't be as much as Bledsoe.

I just swa it too, but i didnt like what clayton said about the colts going to SB.. how can he pick them if they have no secondary and they lost their best linebacker in Mo. Peterson...

Originally posted by Dolfan984
No way man, Ricky won't be taken out of the 4th quarter this year. :)

Also the attack of our pass will make it easier on Ricky.

Kinda like Bledsoe and Henry (Why he gets all his yards) except Ricky is even better, but the threat won't be as much as Bledsoe.

The thing that has me worried is it's even more dificult to repeat as rushing leader than it is to be the rushing leader for the 1st time. I think Ricky can do it, I'm not sure he will though. I think he will get more over all YDS, but it will swing to receiving YDS.

I sure hope I'm wrong.

Oliver...

Originally posted by dolfans1988
I just swa it too, but i didnt like what clayton said about the colts going to SB.. how can he pick them if they have no secondary and they lost their best linebacker in Mo. Peterson...

Agreed! The Colts prediction surpised me too. Lets see if they can win a play off game first. OH wait, we have to do that too.;) Just kidding!

Originally posted by K-Rob

Agreed! The Colts prediction surpised me too. Lets see if they can win a play off game first. OH wait, we have to do that too.;) Just kidding!

But you're right, we have alot to prove, just like the Bucs did going into the play-offs last year and traveling to Philly to win a play-off game.

Oliver...

Hopefully we stay injury free and do prove everyone wrong..PLEASE God!!!:jetssuck: :nesucks: :billsbite

LT could very well do it. He's extremely talented and he's a workhorse. His offensive line is enormous (hopefully they can block). And he's should have David Boston to take pressure off.

Marty will have that defense playing well. And that should allow LT to keep running.

Honestly, if I had to pick a leading rusher, I'd say Ladanlian Tomlinson squeaks by with it. The Charger's only real recieving threat is Boston. Double him, and they have to ram Tomlinson down the defense's throat. With him being such a talented back, that gives him probably more carries than Ricky, thus giving him a better chance at securing the rushing title......

On the other hand, who do you shut down on this offense? You can't single one player out. I think that bodes well for a VERY balanced offense, with no aspect (rushing or passing) being overwhelmingly better than the other. I say Ricky gets around 1400, while Tomlinson may get upwards of 1600-1700, assuming no other recieving threats emerge on that team......

Originally posted by Bazinet37
Honestly, if I had to pick a leading rusher, I'd say Ladanlian Tomlinson squeaks by with it. The Charger's only real recieving threat is Boston. Double him, and they have to ram Tomlinson down the defense's throat. With him being such a talented back, that gives him probably more carries than Ricky, thus giving him a better chance at securing the rushing title......

On the other hand, who do you shut down on this offense? You can't single one player out. I think that bodes well for a VERY balanced offense, with no aspect (rushing or passing) being overwhelmingly better than the other. I say Ricky gets around 1400, while Tomlinson may get upwards of 1600-1700, assuming no other recieving threats emerge on that team......

i agree with that... but doesnt really matter who wins as long as we win it all

I'd say Ricky has an excellent chance of repeating as rushing champ but, ultimately, I couldn't care less if he wins it as long as he's hoisting the SB trophy at the end of season.

not only could tomlinson do it, but my guess is it will either be him or stephen davis. this is based on expected # of touches. either of these guys could break 400+ carries, while miami's offense will be less one dimensional. i see RW picking up 1400-1500 in a balanced offense this season.

EDIT: damn bazinet, i just read your post...looks like you got here before i did :o

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom