Lack of Leadership Was The Issue in Bullygate | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lack of Leadership Was The Issue in Bullygate

Martins big issue was that this continued afer his rookie year. You think jake aka riches best mate in the world wasnt involved last season?

Incognito is a professional football player. His job is to work out and play a violent, physical contact sport, for MONEY.

People who are so up in arms about Ritchie lack perspective AND are too quick to judge.

How does Ritchie compare to :

Michael Irvin
Warren Sapp
Lawrence Taylor
Dick Butkus
CHARLES HALEY
Nightrain Lane
Lyle Alzado
The stork
the list can go on for some time...

He does not strike me as being different in any significant way from those guys. He was FRIENDS with Martin.

Martins big issue was that this continued afer his rookie year. You think jake aka riches best mate in the world wasnt involved last season?

I don't know anything from 2012 on this issue. IF you can fill me in, I would appreciate it. A few facts would be a good thing.

I would like to say that I believe this was a positional situation. I think even based on other players comments that they were only lightly aware of what was going on in the oline meetings and part of the team. IOW, I don't think Brian Hartline knew the ins and outs of everything that was going on. One person other than Incognito who comes across as a douche is Turner. He CLEARLY has to go, and I'm mildly surprised he wasn't let go around 2 pm. He doesn't warrant a team press conference. Ross can do a press conference on monday or tuesday, but it seems silly that Turner hasn't been canned yet.

To be honest, I'm kinda half hoping that Philbin is fighting for Turners job and Hickey talks Ross into blowing it all up and starting over. You are the head coach Joe....how the F did you not know what your oline coach was doing to/with his players?

Go get a new head coach, let Hickey pick him....give them both 2 years for a playoff win or show them the door.

Incognito is a professional football player. His job is to work out and play a violent, physical contact sport, for MONEY.

People who are so up in arms about Ritchie lack perspective AND are too quick to judge.

How does Ritchie compare to :

Michael Irvin
Warren Sapp
Lawrence Taylor
Dick Butkus
CHARLES HALEY
Nightrain Lane
Lyle Alzado
The stork
the list can go on for some time...

He does not strike me as being different in any significant way from those guys. He was FRIENDS with Martin.

Life, as well as the NFL, does change with time. It advances, for better or worse, and moves on.

I understood the things which took place with the Dolphins in their locker room, and chances are they have taken place on other NFL teams. I believe that the difference here is that they were allowed to go on for months with no one stepping up to stop or, at least tone things down. That's a lack of leadership.

Cog and Martin were here in 2012, with no problems BUT, we also had Big Jake, Bush, and Dansby. I believe they controlled things, as do many leaders for other NFL teams. They were let go, and I think at least some of the reason was Philbin not wanting guys who talked. JMO

I can't really fault Philbin on something he supposedly did not know about. I can for having Cog, who he had a problem with on the golf deal, being allowed on the leadership council. He let VG leaders go, and let an inmate run the asylum, not a good thing.

I am hoping that our team will have a few players step up in that leadership role this year but, not sure who they may be?

According to the Well's Report
Martin traced the onset of what he considered to be verbal harassment to around the first game of the 2012 season, when, according to Martin, Jerry began to call him a “bitch” repeatedly, in what Martin said was a disrespectful and demeaning tone.

Martin reported that at one point, Jerry dared him to “say something back,” and soon after he did not, the insults escalated, with Incognito, Jerry and Pouncey routinely calling him a “bitch” as well as other terms mentioned above. Martin said that, in keeping with his reserved nature, he generally was reluctant to respond aggressively.

As for Philbin getting ridding of the players on the leadership counsel, Reggie was the only they did not make an attempt to keep. They tried to resign Big Jake and they asked Karlos to take a pay cut based on his performance, which he declined. The Dolphins also established a new leadership counsel this past season which Incognito was a member of.

I understood the things which took place with the Dolphins in their locker room, and chances are they have taken place on other NFL teams. I believe that the difference here is that they were allowed to go on for months with no one stepping up to stop or, at least tone things down. That's a lack of leadership.

Cog and Martin were here in 2012, with no problems BUT, we also had Big Jake, Bush, and Dansby. I believe they controlled things, as do many leaders for other NFL teams. They were let go, and I think at least some of the reason was Philbin not wanting guys who talked. JMO

I can't really fault Philbin on something he supposedly did not know about. I can for having Cog, who he had a problem with on the golf deal, being allowed on the leadership council. He let VG leaders go, and let an inmate run the asylum, not a good thing.

I am hoping that our team will have a few players step up in that leadership role this year but, not sure who they may be?
i agree dude. i hate that we let dansby, and bush go. i can see long but damn, this coach kicking them out, coupled with irelands dumb ass for bringing in ****ty players, equaled no vet leadership in the locler room. alls i know is our fa pick ups better have some leadership abilities. I hate philbin. How the hell can this dude be offended for grown men, coming to him to address problems like men. It just seems he let em go just because he was trying to make a point that he's the man. Philbin has little man syndrome and our team suffered because of it.

The reasons for Bullygate.
1. Lack of courage from Martin's upbringing. Johnathan was ruled by his mother..while his father stood behind her quietly
2. Jeff Ireland not getting rid of Incognito when Philbin asked.
It's incredible that you still blame Jane Howard-Martin - I don't see a conspiracy in this. I just see a supportive mom concerned about the mental health of her son.
How about Richie Incognito's lack of control in not knowing when to stop? That's right - you think that Richie's just the poor victim.
How about Jim Turner entrusting the O-line leadership with Incognito? How about Turner's lack of awareness of the treatment by Pouncey and Jerry on Player A? How about the lack of leadership that enabled the racial vilification of the Asian Assistant Trainer? Or doesn't that count?

Back
Top Bottom