Lamar Jackson at 11 ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lamar Jackson at 11 ?

nasty

Rookie
Reaction score
If all the others are gone and Lamar Jackson is sitting there at 11 . Do we pull the trigger ? Or do we try to trade back and get him later in the draft ? I think QB is a need Lord knows if TH gets injured again nobody wants to see that mess again. We need something to look forward too. I like TH but we need a young rookie with promise I don' care if we have to reach for him . Hopefully they don' mortgage the future for one. Lamar is dynamic I would not complain if they picked him at 11. Sitting behind TH he can develop . Having another Matt Moore type behind TH and then TH gets hurt again that's my worst nightmare . The most boring type of football to watch below average QB play shoot me now if I gotta go through that again.

This is one of the few players that would upset me more than if we drafted Vea. Jackson is a one read fantastic athlete but his slight frame most likely wouldn’t hold up in the nfl. His accuracy issues may be due to mechanics or footwork but is a severe concern nonetheless. Finally we restructured Tannehill so he’s staying, like it or not. I do want to take a qb, but unless mayfield miraculously drops, then it’s most likely going to be a developmental guy in the mid rounds like white or Lauletta.

He’s the best player in this draft.

Sadly he’ll be there in the 2nd. Miami needs to jump on him in round 2 if he’s staring them in the face

I believe if Jackson sits for a year or so he’ll be just fine. I think Miami is a perfect fit but where is the smoke?

Jackson and Rudolph are going to go higher than expected IMO, just because they are the next two in line after the top four. And those top four are going to fly off the board maybe in the first five overall picks.

As far as Miami taking Jackson, I have mixed emotions. I see him in the neighborhood of Kaepernick skill-wise. Jim Harbaugh got a lot out of Kaepernick, even coming close to winning a super bowl with him. But when forced to win in the pocket, he wasn't the quarterback to do that. Jackson strikes me the same way. Love his athletic ability, which is off the charts for a quarterback. In a ROP offense, he could add a whole new element. Maybe Gase could help make him a superstar. He wouldn't have to start year one.

Rudolph I like quite a bit. Watching him I've been hard pressed to come up with a comparison, but maybe close to Andy Dalton. I do think he's a decent athlete who will fight for yards (good and bad I suppose), has a nice feel for the deep ball with top intangibles and leadership. That #11 spot seems high, but I do expect he'll go in round one.

Back
Top Bottom