Lamar Jackson at 11 ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lamar Jackson at 11 ?

I love the guy, personally. If there aren't any of the guys on D we like, I'd trade back, see if I couldn't land Vander Esch, and try to pick up Jackson early in the 2nd.

Of course, he may not be there then, either.

Terrible accuracy, unable to progress through reads, and a weak frame that will crack in half at the first sign of violence? Where do I sign up?
Is that Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen?

Please no. Any earlier than the 2nd round is too soon for me. He is a high risk, high reward pick IMHO, and we have too many holes to spend a 1st on that. Frankly, I'd prefer to wait on drafting a QB until at least the 3rd unless we can trade back and pick up another 2nd rd pick.

Terrible accuracy, unable to progress through reads, and a weak frame that will crack in half at the first sign of violence? Where do I sign up?
He does need to work on accuracy a bit. He is very good at progression reads, also extends plays based on pocket movement hitting 2nd and 3rd receiver. Not sure where weak frame comes from, he's 6'3 205. Wouldn't really call that weak. He played what 37 straight games with no injuries. I wouldn't take him at 11 but in the second would.

I'm gonna predict it now ('cause I'm really good at these things in my own mind OK) LJ will be available when we pick in R3!

One of the players who tumbles based on the realization he's a great athlete impersonating a QB -- but he's really like an R5 - FA "pure QB" dev proj.

I doubt we would take him if he is there at #11. I think Jackson will drafted late first round or early second, but not by us.

Like I said in another post, Deshaun Watson went at #12.

#11 is not too soon for Lamar Jackson. Heck we took Tannehill at #8 an arguably bigger project who was ~3 years older as a rookie.

We have a starting QB....we need an impact starter at 11...preferably at LB to team with McMillan

Back
Top Bottom