Josh Gordon
Demarius
E Sanders
Brandon Cooks
Golden Tate
Crabtree
JuJu (potentially)
Alshon

He will make in ONE year 15-20x what the average US worker makes in their entire lifetime......

20x your entire life's income....in one year....

I think he will be ok on money unless he starts literally whiping his *** with $50s
People who win big lottery's are often bankrupt after 3 years and they usually started with a simpler life style.

A Brown
D Hopkins
O Beckham
J Jones
AJ Green
K Allen
M Thomas
Davante Adams
Mike Evans
TY Hilton
Doug Baldwin
A Thielen (I need to see more.)
S Diggs
T Hill
Amari Cooper (Too inconsistent from what I can tell)
L Fitzgerald
Josh Gordon (Really one nice year or wast it 2? Eitherway sounds like he's back in rehab)
Demarius
(The guy fell off hard without Payton Manning tossing the ball)
E Sanders
Brandon Cooks
Golden Tate
Crabtree
JuJu (potentially)
Alshon

I like your list. Although the highlighted names I'm not sure about.

I don't care how many balls he caught, when you average 10.1 yards for your career (8.8 yards his last year), and only have 23 TDs in 4 years......it is a sad joke to even suggest he is one of the top receivers in the league. He got WAYYYYYYY over paid and I am glad it wasn't us. I am glad we didn't even give him 13M.

Do I wish he was still here, hell ya! Great slot guy.......but I am glad we did not over pay for something he has never been and never will be! I am happy for him as a person that he got paid too!

But they do go broke. Then the team trots out broke former millionaires up to their eyeballs in debt into the facility to speak about the importance of saving for the future. Then that doesn't work and those guys are left wondering what happened.

It's amazing really.

They might go "bankrupt" and have to sell back their 3$ Million dollar houses and 200,000$ cars, that is a lot different than going broke though.... Anyone who has made that much money could easily retire permanently somewhere in a regular house and have plenty of money to live comfortably off, they just cant live the extravagant lifestyles anymore

People who win big lottery's are often bankrupt after 3 years and they usually started with a simpler life style.

Bankrupt and broke are 2 very different terms, usually the irresponsible ones do go bankrupt and have to sell their house etc, but that is a lot diff than going broke

I don't care how many balls he caught, when you average 10.1 yards for your career (8.8 yards his last year), and only have 23 TDs in 4 years......it is a sad joke to even suggest he is one of the top receivers in the league. He got WAYYYYYYY over paid and I am glad it wasn't us. I am glad we didn't even give him 13M.

Do I wish he was still here, hell ya! Great slot guy.......but I am glad we did not over pay for something he has never been and never will be! I am happy for him as a person that he got paid too!

I agree with all you're saying, however I'm not that happy for him. If he would've shown class and appreciation for a organization that helped align an over-flated salary for a slot. Really classless to not appreciate Tannehill the way he did. His true colors really came to light. And this is coming from a fan that has only bought 2 jerseys ever. One being Marino and the other a salute to service Landry. Truly disappointed with Landry being such a bitter bitch.

Bankrupt and broke are 2 very different terms, usually the irresponsible ones do go bankrupt and have to sell their house etc, but that is a lot diff than going broke

You are making a false implication when you state that there is a difference between going bankrupt and being broke by implying that after going bankrupt you will still have money.

Some people do loose their homes in a bankruptcy. In my example, the lottery winners, they have often quit their jobs and have no other current source of income when they go bankrupt. A bankruptcy assures that as much recovery of money to payoff creditors as possible has occurred, and the bankrupt person is officially out of debt. That does not mean they are not broke.

For the record, just read about kelvin benjamin saying "if only cam newton wasnt my QB id be great" so this illness is going around.

They might go "bankrupt" and have to sell back their 3$ Million dollar houses and 200,000$ cars, that is a lot different than going broke though.... Anyone who has made that much money could easily retire permanently somewhere in a regular house and have plenty of money to live comfortably off, they just cant live the extravagant lifestyles anymore

Not only do they go bankrupt, they somehow rack up exorbitant amounts of debt. It's very real.

He could literally buy 10 different very nice $400,000 houses, stock them all with food/supplies for a lifetime, and not even be half way through one years salary...

Saying any athlete that makes those insane amounts will go broke is just silly.

Might they have to scale down the lifestyle and spend less on Ferraris in the future? Sure....

Stop buying 4000$ bottles of wine and racking up 8000$ club tabs? Yes....

Will they ever actually "go broke"?? ... no definitely not.

Not only do they go bankrupt, they somehow rack up exorbitant amounts of debt. It's very real.

If they get in tax trouble with the IRS, it’s a 18% compounded daily penalty. That builds up quickly, and if it’s a few years it can break anyone.

The Dolphins haven't been mentioned in this thread for days, so im going to move this

Back
Top Bottom