Landry traded to Browns for 2018 4th 2019 7th | Page 51 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry traded to Browns for 2018 4th 2019 7th

Rationalization of a bad decision. Using that logic with Laundry being picked in thevl 2nd round 4 years ago now makes him a high 1st round pick. Quit drinking the coolaide

This doesn't really make sense. It's well established that picks sooner are worth more than picks later, just like money. Money today is worth more than money next year, this is easy to quantify too.

It's pretty clear what happened here. The Dolphins had no intention of paying Jarvis 16 million this year. Jarvis called their bluff and signed it. Miami panicked and got the best they could for him. If we lived in South Korea and Kim Jong Un was a Dolphin fan, Mike Tannebaum And Steven Ross would be tormented and murdered.

It's pretty clear what happened here. The Dolphins had no intention of paying Jarvis 16 million this year. Jarvis called their bluff and signed it. Miami panicked and got the best they could for him. If we lived in South Korea and Kim Jong Un was a Dolphin fan, Mike Tannebaum And Steven Ross would be tormented and murdered.

Wrong Korea man.

O I understand very well the Jimmy Johnson draft chart. Bottom line we just gave up a NFL record holder taken in the 2nd round 4 years ago who should have been a 1st rounder for a hopeful 4th round pick and a garbage 7th. Thats moving backwards period end of story. Plus our personal department has proven to be next to garbage in aquiring talent. So here we attempting to rationalize a draft trade for junk. Just like trading Ajayi who broke NFL records for a 4th. Ireland was a genuis compared to Tbum.

Some of you guys really have no idea how this league works. Very rarely do you see high picks given up for non QBs.
Talib, Bennett, Quinn all for mid round picks. Other GMs know the situation the phins were in with the franchise tag. Had they let him hit FA, they would have possibly received a comp pick at the end of the 3rd round in2019.
That’s about the same value as a late 4th in 2018.
If they received an early 4th from Cleveland, that is better compensation.
I’m a little disappointed how this played out, but not surprised. This is the trend around the league.

Then hopefully we can use these mid round picks we acquired to trade for other pro bowl players......right? (Sarcasim) I know thats not goina happen. We sure as **** aren't going to be drafting pro bowl players with these picks, knowing our history. Even when we do find one (ajayi) we trade them, so what's the point? Let's go get the best guard via trade with our new 4th round pick - Boom! Problem solved....other teams are doing it, why can't we? Apparently that's the trend right now so we should take advantage of it, right? (More sarcasim)

Last edited:
They aren’t rebuilding as long as tannehill is still in the building

Pick 123 if we hit it’s probably gonna be a running back. One of those steal things

Frankly I’d just use that pick to trade up. Not that it gets you far
At first glance - I hated the trade but consider this: we save 16 mill- our options today were limited-
If I'm GM- I cut Pouncey save 7 mill.
Now we created 23 Mill
Sign Pugh, Jensen, Graham TE
Keep James. OLine SET
TE upgraded
Our DL is stacked. Keep Suh
RD1 - we discussed it will be Best Def player available.
Rd2 - RD3. Maybe WR/ RB
Rotational RB - Landry replacement.

If Jarvis Landry was being drafted in this year's draft he would be a first round pick. Anyone who says otherwise is out of their minds.

This doesn't really make sense. It's well established that picks sooner are worth more than picks later, just like money. Money today is worth more than money next year, this is easy to quantify too.
And then money yesterday is worth more than money today. Thats makes a 2nd round pick 4 years ago worth much higher than a garbage pick in the 4th round this year. Yea logic works in reverse too. You really teally believe this front office will replace Laundry production in the 4th round. Yes I do own property on a island in FL I would love to sell youm

Well it's safe to say this team doesn't learn it's lesson. We made the same mistake w OV, Mathews, and miller. Here we are 2 yrs later in the same boat with the best player we've had in a long time. The only thing Ross is guilty of is bringing in T-turd and not knowing how to get rid of him. Great job signing kiko to a unnecessary extension and giving 10 mil a year to a scrub like branch who will be the 4th DE this year. Basically they picked those 2 scrubs over Landry. This idiot is in over his head and has no fking clue what he is doing and never has with no accountability because Ross will never replace him. How do you make the same mistake over and over and still have a job? This idiot suck and will always suck

Well it's safe to say this team doesn't learn it's lesson. We made the same mistake w OV, Mathews, and miller. Here we are 2 yrs later in the same boat with the best player we've had in a long time. The only thing Ross is guilty of is bringing in T-turd and not knowing how to get rid of him. Great job signing kiko to a unnecessary extension and giving 10 mil a year to a scrub like branch who will be the 4th DE this year. Basically they picked those 2 scrubs over Landry. This idiot is in over his head and has no fking clue what he is doing and never has with no accountability because Ross will never replace him. How do you make the same mistake over and over and still have a job? This idiot suck and will always suck
I don't think OV, Mathews and Miller were mistake.

Maybe in time this move may prove to be correct as well, but it just seems like we didn't get enough back.

What a shitty trade. Tannebaum is an abomination of a GM. I’m sure we’ll do wonders w those two worthless draft picks - like package them up with a 2nd to move up five spots in the 3rd to pick Leonte Carroo’s twin brother.

Back
Top Bottom