Laremy Tunsil showed he could pass protect at left guard in the NFL. Now can he do it at left tackle | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Laremy Tunsil showed he could pass protect at left guard in the NFL. Now can he do it at left tackle

My only point to this thread was that the PFF graphic that was tweeted out earlier today
was wrong and that Tunsil gave up at least two sacks that I knew of off the top of my head.

Yep. He was our best lineman, IMO. The Bushrod praise was pure coachspeak.

Agree on all three points. PFF is a great idea and it's one of many stats keeping outfits that are semi-reliable, but work for general ideas and trends. Tunsil's arrow is pointing up. I'll be excited to see how the battle between Tunsil and Charles Harris goes when the pads go on. Yep, totally agree on the Bushrod praise, pure coachspeak.

He is going to succeed. He still has a point to prove after he was hosed by a video 10 minutes before the draft. OBTW, he showed great consistency playing the position in college.

Still can't believe he fell to us in the draft. He should have been the first overall pick imo (don't believe in Geoff or Wentz). Tunsil, Zeke and Ramsey are the 3 most talented from last years draft, and I would argue Tunsil plays a more valuable position than they do. Tunsil should have the best career of them all, unless Jalen becomes the next Deon or Revis, which is a tall task.

Last edited:
There's nothing suspect about the 1st sack being Tunsil's fault; it's all on him. There's a reason defensive lines slant, stunt and loop in order to create the confusion among blocking assignments post snap and it's because they are looking for the result that Clark accomplished. The DT attacks Tunsil outside shoulder and intends to occupy him away from the inside loop by design. Not sure why anyone wouldn't credit Tunsil with the sack there as not every sack is a simple result of getting beat off the snap on a bull rush or spin move. Many are the outcome of creativity and not just pure speed or power.

Tunsil is and will be an excellent lineman. You are also correct in saying those particular two are a result of playing those positions for the first time. I was just dispelling the misinformation put out by PFF, nothing more.

I'm not making excuses for Tunsil. However, if he disengaged against the DT against Seattle to pick up the DE it seems as though the DE would've gotten the sack anyway because BA didn't seem ready to pick up the DE. He only put a hand out for him at the end.
Agreed that his rookie season wasn't flawless. But it was pretty damn good. He looks like he could eventually get those flawless seasons in time

SOS, while you are correct in this instance, I'm fairly certain you would argue with the sky for beIng the wrong shade of blue.

th

Ahhhhhhh..."Save your idiotic rant."

seed sounds to the soul...

Back
Top Bottom