Larry Chester Showed Today Why We Signed Him... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Larry Chester Showed Today Why We Signed Him...

I don't want to burst anybodys bubble, and I was there yesterday, but could L. Chesters' performance yesterday be a direct result of the weakness this OL has been showing??....

I thought the OL looked horrible yesterday....

I do like what I've seen form L. Chester though, and like you said, R. Speilman jumped al over him once FA opened. He's got good size and stregth in the middle. I just hope it's not because of how bad our OL is....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Like I said Blitz, I'm not discounting what you saw but there's a lot of conflicting reports. The newspapers have repeatedly said the offense looked well ahead of the defense on Monday and they also pointed out that in the infamous Middle Drill on Monday the offensive line and RBs gained 3 or more yards on 10 out of the 12 plays that constitute the middle drill.

Any gains in the middle drill are supposed to be coveted. Everyone knows its a run, everyones gearing toward the RB with perfect knowledge that there's no way in heck it could be a play-action fake. Its like stacking 9 men in the box.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Like I said Blitz, I'm not discounting what you saw but there's a lot of conflicting reports. The newspapers have repeatedly said the offense looked well ahead of the defense on Monday and they also pointed out that in the infamous Middle Drill on Monday the offensive line and RBs gained 3 or more yards on 10 out of the 12 plays that constitute the middle drill.

Any gains in the middle drill are supposed to be coveted. Everyone knows its a run, everyones gearing toward the RB with perfect knowledge that there's no way in heck it could be a play-action fake. Its like stacking 9 men in the box.
==============================================

BLITZ RESPONSE : I realize the middle drill was underway. I also did not see what the papers, and various other fans are saying happened. At least not exactly the same way....

I saw a 1-2 yard gain, with a couple more hard earned yards right before the whistle was being blown. I saw defenders closing all the holes, and RW having to bull his way for any kind of gain. Many times running into an OL player in the process.....

I understand that the line was stacked, and that's something I had left out previously, so it could be better than I initially reported, but I still think they need a lot of work before September rolls around if we are truly going to be seeing the end of the running game woes down here in Miami....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Re: Re: Hmmm too easy, won't do it... nt

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
Ya ya ya. Just another Iron Man.

BLITZ RESPONSE: You calling me another Iron Man???

I sure hope not...

PHINZ RULE!!!:drinkers:

Re: Re: Re: Hmmm too easy, won't do it... nt

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG

BLITZ RESPONSE: You calling me another Iron Man???

I sure hope not...

PHINZ RULE!!!:drinkers:

Heh not in the least Blitz. Look at the title in my post and see who has a similar title.

I knew you couldn't have been comparing me to Iron Man. Thanks for straightening that out. Iron Man was the most negative Phinz fan posters I've ever heard....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Take it easy with this Larry Chester praise. This guy has as much chance of getting 10 sacks as me winning the state lottery. Was larry Chester playing well or was the offensive line struggling. We won't know these answers till the preseason games start and we can honestly gage Larry Chester play against the competition. Lets wait a little longer (preseason games) before we get his cast ready for Canton. I think Larry Chester going to struggle this year. Lets face facts larry Chester couldn't crack lineup on two teams not known for a defense.(Colts and Panthers) I hope im wrong and Larry Chester is a force in the middle but I just don't see it happening.

Head Coach Dave Wannstedt (On DT Larry Chester) – “He’s a big strong guy. He’s one of the strongest guys on our team and in the NFL. He plays with good leverage and he’s tough to move out of there. After we signed him, Mark Dixon said that he was the toughest guy to move off of the ball of anyone that he had faced.â€Â

***i think that quote from mark says a lot, don't you?

I can see it now. Bowens and Chester are going to destroy some Bills will to play. They're going to knock this guy down. Then Bowens will pick him up off the turf and say "Here here boy, you just go on back to your huddle now".....and then Chester going to say to him "....and take this with ya" just as he reachs over and dots him in the eye.

Back
Top Bottom