Last 12 AFC SB Quarterbacks | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Last 12 AFC SB Quarterbacks

Rodgers has been nearly universally considered the best QB in the league for 6 years yet he has made it to the SB only once.

Personally, I think Brady is still better than Rodgers.

In that 6 years Brady has

12 more regular season wins. (75-63)
Thrown 5 more regular season TD's (203-198)
Thrown 1 more Playoff TD (27-26)
Won 1 more playoff game (8-7)

The only area where Rodgers trumps him is in Interceptions thrown

Rodgers 44 Brady 51, postseason Rodgers 7 Brady 10.

It is really close though.....

If Flacco can win a superbowl, so can Tannehill.

I agree. I think because of the dominance this past decade of Brady/Manning/Roethlisberger, people are becoming jaded. Plenty of non-elite QBs have won Super Bowls.

It does get old seeing the same teams in it at the end every year. I suppose if the other teams don't like it, they can stop it.

The day Brady retires will be one of the happiest days in my sports fandom life, honestly.

The notion that a good QB crop only comes around once a generation is silly. My prior post intended to illustrate that since that crop of QBs might be even better than the one listed in the OP.

When you compare the AFC and NFC lists one thing becomes very, very clear:

Manning, Brady, and Roethlisberger are generational QBs that don't come along very often, and with current state of the college game and its offenses, their ilk will probably be even MORE rare. If you think giving up on Tannehill (who's good enough to win a SB in today's NFL) and trying your hand with another college QB hoping that he becomes a Manning or a Brady then you've got a screw loose because the odds aren't in your favor. You're living in the past rather than looking at the current state of football in this country and looking to the future.

I see that list and I think Tannehill / Carr / Luck for the next decade.

I do think with the right coach Tannehill will be good enough. Philbin did him no favors

How Long after we fix the oline does Tannehill become a HOF QB and get us to a superbowl?

xapUArL.gif

Tannehill (who's good enough to win a SB in today's NFL).

He can barely win division games, what evidence do you have of him being able to guide his team through multiple games in the playoffs against the best teams? If anything 'todays NFL' is trending towards elite QBs.

You should also attach the coaches to their names. ...

Bill Belichek
Bill Cowher
Tony Dungy
Mike Tomlin
John Fox
Jim Harbaugh

Pretty good list. Philbin held us back more then Tannehill did.

The point still remains that Brady has been to 6 SBs and Rodgers only to 1, for two QBs that are close.

No one is close to Brady.

I think Aaron is better. He doesn't have quite the head coach that Brady does. You have to be fair and look at all the aspects involved

I think Aaron is better. He doesn't have quite the head coach that Brady does. You have to be fair and look at all the aspects involved

Agree. Listening to some of that junk posted above would make one erroneously believe Brady taught himself how to play in the NFL.

That HC has done NOTHING without Tom Brady. Can we please not dismiss that. I know BB is a football genius but w/o Tom Brady was a failure in Cleveland and on his way to being a failure in NE before Brady rescued his HC career and allowed him to develop into a top HC.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

Agree. Listening to some of that junk posted above would make one erroneously believe Brady taught himself how to play in the NFL.

oh so BB taught Brady to be the best. sounds so simple, how come he didn't teach any other QBs to be the best?

Back
Top Bottom