Last 12 AFC SB Quarterbacks | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Last 12 AFC SB Quarterbacks

That HC has done NOTHING without Tom Brady. Can we please not dismiss that. I know BB is a football genius but w/o Tom Brady was a failure in Cleveland and on his way to being a failure in NE before Brady rescued his HC career and allowed him to develop into a top HC.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

oh so BB taught Brady to be the best. sounds so simple, how come he didn't teach any other QBs to be the best?

Yes that's true but you just said the guy is a football genius. You can't say that and then devalue him in the same sentence. The QB always makes the head coach. But that doesn't mean he isn't one of the greatest head coaches ever. McCarthy or Belichek? That solves that

Yes that's true but you just said the guy is a football genius. You can't say that and then devalue him in the same sentence. The QB always makes the head coach. But that doesn't mean he isn't one of the greatest head coaches ever. McCarthy or Belichek? That solves that

He is a football genius but that alone doesn't make a HC great. BB has developed into a great HC but he never gets that chance w/o Brady.

it's easy to say he's better than anyone but no one else has had Brady. McCarthy is much better than BB was w/o Brady as are many of the HCs in the league.

I think Aaron is better. He doesn't have quite the head coach that Brady does. You have to be fair and look at all the aspects involved

Just imagine Rodgers having Gronk as well, it is so often dismissed how important Gronk has been with extending Brady's run at the top. Brady wouldn't continually be at the top of MVP discussions without Gronk, if Gronk stays healthy he will be Brady's Scottie Pippen and won't get credit until later down the road.

He is a football genius but that alone doesn't make a HC great. BB has developed into a great HC but he never gets that chance w/o Brady.

it's easy to say he's better than anyone but no one else has had Brady. McCarthy is much better than BB was w/o Brady as are many of the HCs in the league.

Are you suggesting at this stage if Belichek were to join another team without a great QB that he would be terrible?

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

Btw I think its important to note that McCarthy was on the verge of being fired WITH Rodgers

Are you suggesting at this stage if Belichek were to join another team without a great QB that he would be terrible?

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

Btw I think its important to note that McCarthy was on the verge of being fired WITH Rodgers

No, he's learned how to be a great HC. he wouldn't be winning and going to SBs, dominating the way he has w/o a Brady or top QB but he'd be winning.

when was McCarthy on the verge of being fired?

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Just imagine Rodgers having Gronk as well, it is so often dismissed how important Gronk has been with extending Brady's run at the top. Brady wouldn't continually be at the top of MVP discussions without Gronk, if Gronk stays healthy he will be Brady's Scottie Pippen and won't get credit until later down the road.

Brady won 3 SBs w/o Gronk. he made a title game w/ no run game and Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney as his top weapons to throw to.

:sidelol:. It's hilarious for someone to dismiss Belichick. Just f'n outright hilarious (almost sad even). Especially by those who don't even comprehend the basic X's & O's let alone in depth scheme, strategy, and philosophy.

Belichick was not only successful on the field w/ Cleveland, being that was the last time that organization won a playoff game, but while he was there BB developed the most comprehensive, and currently most successful defensive coverages in the modern game which is used by the two most accomplished HC's in the game of football (Belichick & Saban) resulting in 9 championships with a possible 10 in the near future.

I could go on and on, such as describing Belichick's Earnhardt &Perkins offensive evolution, that helped Brady become the great QB he is today, but some people just enjoy the junk food side of the NFL and refuse the hardiness of meat & potatoes football.

:sidelol:. It's hilarious for someone to dismiss Belichick. Just f'n outright hilarious (almost sad even). Especially by those who don't even comprehend the basic X's & O's let alone in depth scheme, strategy, and philosophy.

Belichick was not only successful on the field w/ Cleveland, being that was the last time that organization won a playoff game, but while he was there BB developed the most comprehensive, and currently most successful defensive coverages in the modern game which is used by the two most accomplished HC's in the game of football (Belichick & Saban) resulting in 9 championships with a possible 10 in the near future.

I could go on and on, such as describing Belichick's Earnhardt &Perkins offensive evolution, that helped Brady become the great QB he is today, but some people just enjoy the junk food side of the NFL and refuse the hardiness of meat & potatoes football.

it's hilarious for someone to dismiss Brady and all he has done. nowhere have I dismissed BB, I have discussed the facts.

what does what Cle has done post expansion have to do w/ one measly playoff win for BB? BB took over in 1991. from 1986-1990 the Browns made THREE AFC championship games. do we also forget that the browns team he was fired from became the Ravens and would win a SB and became a great organization after he left? but please continue to tell me how great he was to win a WC game at home in his 5 seasons in Cleveland:lol2:

what does Saban have to do w/ anything? other than the fact when the 2 were together they failed?

how many of those championships does BB have as a HC w/o Brady? how many playoff apps? how many playoff wins? how many title game apps? how many SBs? please list them all.

please tell me about the Erhardt/perkins offense and also tell me about how many other QBs it turned into the best QB of all time. I'd love to hear about it.

No, he's learned how to be a great HC. he wouldn't be winning and going to SBs, dominating the way he has w/o a Brady or top QB but he'd be winning.

when was McCarthy on the verge of being fired?

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Brady won 3 SBs w/o Gronk. he made a title game w/ no run game and Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney as his top weapons to throw to.

Not arguing Brady's past greatness, but Gronk is a big reason for Brady's longevity to be playing at such a high level. And we can talk this **** in circles all day. But my opinion is Bill is and has been more important to the franchise then Brady, he made Brady more than Brady made him. I know you disagree so no need to discuss that with you anymore. But as far as Gronk goes Brady is lucky to have him and if a guy like Rodgers had him it'd be crazy.

Not arguing Brady's past greatness, but Gronk is a big reason for Brady's longevity to be playing at such a high level. And we can talk this **** in circles all day. But my opinion is Bill is and has been more important to the franchise then Brady, he made Brady more than Brady made him. I know you disagree so no need to discuss that with you anymore. But as far as Gronk goes Brady is lucky to have him and if a guy like Rodgers had him it'd be crazy.

Gronk is GREAT and a huge help to Brady but he's proven he wins no matter who he has around him.

Waste of time. It's the equivalent of trying to explain quantum physics to a toddler.

typical, you have nothing and you'd rather insult. that's what you do best.

I think the saddest thing is that Brady is showing no signs at all of slowing down physically. The guy is 38 years old. At the same age, Marino was physically shot, unfortunately. Joe Montana, Steve Young, Jim Kelly, John Elway...all of them were physically done either at age 38 or earlier. The rule changes in the NFL, making it a capital crime to hit the QB, have helped to extend the careers of the current crop of top QBs. Peyton Manning is 39. Drew Brees is 37. Both continue to play at a high level. Favre played at a high level until he was 40.

In addition, Belichick and Brady are running an offense that caters to keeping Brady clean. For the most part, when their offense is humming, Brady is getting the ball out of his hand before defenders are anywhere near him. Unless Brady gets bored with winning Super Bowls, this can easily continue for 3-5 more years. Barring an injury, I don't see Brady walking away.

It's sickening, but that day of celebration for Dolphins fans (when Brady retires) isn't on the horizon.

And meanwhile, we have a young QB taking so much punishment, he'll probably be done physically by his early 30s.

typical, you have nothing and you'd rather insult. that's what you do best.

Here's a snack. If you can manage to digest this I'll contunue:

Belichick took the Ernhardt-Perkins offense and evolved it to be able to run a HUNH concept with the same personnel, same plays, but different formations and the ability to switch sides for the reads. Basically one side of the field is set up to attack zone and the other man. Sounds familiar to his defensive concepts, doesn't it?

Instead of a number system, Belichick (with the help of Weiss) revised the E&P to be run by concepts, instead of the Coryell route numbering or the lumbering language of the West Coast jargon that inhibits any ability for quick snaps. Instead, as previously mentioned, the concepts can be called from any formation or set, and more importantly it allows for more personnel flexibility that the Patriots see on a yearly basis.

Example: One side of the field will feature a vertical route, an intermediate outside breaking route, and a quick flat. The other will feature a double slant, each at different depths.

grant_ghost-tosser_sy_576.jpg

This way the play can be run repeatedly, from different formations and with different personnel, all while the QB reads stay effectively the same from empty sets to 22 personnel. The skill position players simply need to know the concept at which position they are lined up at.

Here's a snack. If you can manage to digest this I'll contunue:

Belichick took the Ernhardt-Perkins offense and evolved it to be able to run a HUNH concept with the same personnel, same plays, but different formations and the ability to switch sides for the reads. Basically one side of the field is set up to attack zone and the other man. Sounds familiar to his defensive concepts, doesn't it?

Instead of a number system, Belichick (with the help of Weiss) revised the E&P to be run by concepts, instead of the Coryell route numbering or the lumbering language of the West Coast jargon that inhibits any ability for quick snaps. Instead, as previously mentioned, the concepts can be called from any formation or set, and more importantly it allows for more personnel flexibility that the Patriots see on a yearly basis.

Example: One side of the field will feature a vertical route, an intermediate outside breaking route, and a quick flat. The other will feature a double slant, each at different depths.

grant_ghost-tosser_sy_576.jpg

This way the play can be run repeatedly, from different formations and with different personnel, all while the QB reads stay effectively the same from empty sets to 22 personnel. The skill position players simply need to know the concept at which position they are lined up at.

That's awesome and thank you for educating me on this again(I believe you have posted the same thing before) but what does it have to do w/ this discussion? if this was the reason Brady became great why couldn't others become great? why has BB been a failure of a HC w/o Brady? is Brady the only man that can perfect this offense? and he knew that so he waited until round 6 to draft him?

it's hilarious for someone to dismiss Brady and all he has done. nowhere have I dismissed BB, I have discussed the facts.

what does what Cle has done post expansion have to do w/ one measly playoff win for BB? BB took over in 1991. from 1986-1990 the Browns made THREE AFC championship games. do we also forget that the browns team he was fired from became the Ravens and would win a SB and became a great organization after he left? but please continue to tell me how great he was to win a WC game at home in his 5 seasons in Cleveland:lol2:

what does Saban have to do w/ anything? other than the fact when the 2 were together they failed?

how many of those championships does BB have as a HC w/o Brady? how many playoff apps? how many playoff wins? how many title game apps? how many SBs? please list them all.

please tell me about the Erhardt/perkins offense and also tell me about how many other QBs it turned into the best QB of all time. I'd love to hear about it.

Not to disagree with you, but how successful was Brady without Bill? I actually believe they are a perfect match, the perfect QB for the perfect system and neither would have the titles they have apart from each other.

Back
Top Bottom