Last year at this time!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Last year at this time!!!

Since Jay was in Chan "BoBo" Gailey's offense for the first two years, I can understand why he was average at best. Put Jay with a legit OC (Coughlin, Turner) and he shines. That's the bottom line. Jay will be in the Pro-Bowl this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Barbarian:

You are such a homer. If he went 1 for 1 for 0 TDs he would have a great rating too. But was he effective? Look at those stats a little more closely:

Jay vs Minnesota

15/21, 177yds, 2 TD's, 1 INT, 108.6 QB RATING

59 yards of that came on the second play of the game. So that means for the other 3 and 9/10 quarters Jay threw for a total of 116 yard on 14 passes. That's is completely ineffective and not good. In fact it's terrible considering the Vikes had the worst pass defense in the league and a win would have clinched the division.

Jay vs NE

11/25, 110 yds.

Less then 50% completion, barely over 100 yards throwing, and 32 of those 110 came on one play. So for the entire rest of the game he threw for 78 yards.

Those pathetic performances came with the season on the line. In the NFL thats simply not good enough and is the story of Jay Fiedler.

Do your homework before you challenge someone. I hope Jay gets better, but it hasn't happened for an entire season yet.

Originally posted by fin-atic
Barbarian:

You are such a homer. If he went 1 for 1 for 0 TDs he would have a great rating too. But was he effective? Look at those stats a little more closely:

Jay vs Minnesota

59 yards of that came on the second play of the game. So that means for the other 3 and 9/10 quarters Jay threw for a total of 116 yard on 14 passes. That's is completely ineffective and not good. In fact it's terrible considering the Vikes had the worst pass defense in the league and a win would have clinched the division.

I see your back to calling people names.

Do we really need to remind you of just how many times Jay had the ball in the 2nd half of that Minny game and how our defense could not get off the field? And if it weren't for Carter dropping a pass in the end zone that Miami would have scored on EVERY possession they had in the 2nd half and woulda won that game.

By the way nice manipulation of the stats to suit your current whim. Shall I also point out that 116 yards on 14 passes (after you take out the big play which is biasing the stats in the first place) is still an 8.3 AVG (11.8 when you add the big play back in). By the way Trent Green led the NFL with a 7.85 avg. Nice try though.

Also last I checked in New England it was the defense giving up an 11 point lead and special teams having abysmal penalties and bad kicks (Mare kicking out of bounds on the overtime kickoff, Royals horrible punt, special teams penalties).

Do your homework before you challenge someone.

Yes please do, because the only times you can even attack Jay was a bad game in New England and the bad half of K.C when trying to come back from a 14+ point lead of K.C's. Otherwise he had a solid year. Wanna slam Jay then slam the real stuff. Improving on long passes, and staying healthy.

The Oakland game was pretty big and important (Week 15). A game we had to have. Jay certainly seemed to show up that day. And his stats were good too.

21/32 (66%)...237 yds...1 TD...0 INTs

I agree with VanDolPhan and Muck. The Minny game he just plain out didn't have enough opprotunities. The D could not get off the field. Jay was effecient when he had opprotunities. I remember disecting every one of Jay's incompletions after the Minny game, and for what he was put with, he did pretty damn decent.

Originally posted by fin-atic
Barbarian:

Jay vs Minnesota

Jay vs NE

11/25, 110 yds.

Less then 50% completion, barely over 100 yards throwing, and 32 of those 110 came on one play. So for the entire rest of the game he threw for 78 yards.

Those pathetic performances came with the season on the line. In the NFL thats simply not good enough and is the story of Jay Fiedler.

Do your homework before you challenge someone. I hope Jay gets better, but it hasn't happened for an entire season yet.

So when Jay does well, he really doesn't do well? When he throws a deep ball he gets slammed for doing that as well?

All I know is Jay did something MOST of you here said he was unable to do ever, I repeat ever. He hit a WR for a BIG gainer and for a TD on that BIG gainer. He did that in the Vikes and Pats game.

I am always amazed how one sided ppl can be, when it comes to slamming Jay.

Oliver...

Everybody throws INTs. Except Jay....he's not allowed.

Originally posted by Muck
Everybody throws INTs. Except Jay....he's not allowed.

Ain't that the truth!

Oliver...

Oliver, Van, Muck:

Thanks, I just jumped back on and was about to slam that post and realised that y'all had allready done the work for me. :D

Wishing for something better

Someone earlier posted about most fans wishing for something better...

When, exactly, is this NOT true? I loved watching RW run with the ball last season, he was just dominating...but man, I wish HE could be even better...

Re: Wishing for something better

Originally posted by xiidaen
Someone earlier posted about most fans wishing for something better...

When, exactly, is this NOT true? I loved watching RW run with the ball last season, he was just dominating...but man, I wish HE could be even better...

The post you are referring to said exactly that.;)

Originally posted by rickeyrunsover
remember if we score 24 points and lose the majority ofthe time, our problems are more severe then our qb.

EXACTLY!!! This is why we picked up guys like Jr. Seau, Sammy Knight and Jeff Zgonia (sp??). Yes our defense is ONE of the best in the NFL if not the best... but that doesnt mean anything when most of the time in the end of the year its that defense that gives up a big lead game. (look at the Jets game a few years back when we were up 40-13.. or something like that.. cant remember the exact score) And last year we have a lead in both the Minn and NE game but was given up at the end. Im not saying all the blame lies with the D but a lot of it does. Jay actually played well in both games so the person that said when he came back from injury he was bad.. was wrong. We was just as good.. .maybe just a LITTLE less than what he was pre-injury. I just wish that Jay would get the support he deserves. The guy has balls of steel and takes all the negativity thrown his way with a grain of salt and just does his job. He is a class act.

i think that there is something about jay, he is just under-

appreciated. i guess he doesnt look like a pro qb.....

Back
Top Bottom