Latest On Lavar | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Latest On Lavar

Status
Not open for further replies.
FinaticalOne said:
With us rumored to be his first choice, and with the talks of NYG and JAX backing out, our chances right now are very good. It's looking really good for us; but it can all go south very fast if Cincy put up some big money to sign him.

Once again, I have to give props to Saban and Mueller on how they are handling this situation; instead they could of gone into a panic and raised their offer to get him.

Yeah, they're very professional. I love the contrast...

:dolphins:

Ohiophinphan said:
The longer this draaaaaaaaaaaaaaags on, the more I think we are going to see someone "lease" him for a one year contract while he proves he is healthy and back up to pro bowl status.

i hope thats the case, and if he proves his worth then pay the man......
but i dont want to over pay for him AT ALL

To me its clear NFL teams have some concern over Arrington's physical condition, the fact that peterson signed relatively quickly (also having a past serious injury) says teams have some doubt.
That being said maybe we dolfans should not be so anxious to sign Arrington, can all these teams(miami included-if not mistaken Arrington met with Miami first) be wrong?
If they had any true interest why would they be hesitant to sign him?

I would like to have Arrington,however I am now begining to feel he is damaged goods beyond what's publicly known.

Spray Mucus said:
As much as I like Arringtons potential, we are not desperate to fill that spot with him.

There is a very nice crop of LBs entering this years draft, and we can fill that spot easily with the #16 pick.

So IMO at this point Lavar would be a luxury not a necessity.

:yeahthat:

well it would only be the broncos and they were dumb enought to draft Clarret with there 3rd round pick last year, so if there dumb enough to do that id say there is a chance they give up a 1st for ricky, i dont think they would but i could only hope

Spray Mucus said:
As much as I like Arringtons potential, we are not desperate to fill that spot with him.

There is a very nice crop of LBs entering this years draft, and we can fill that spot easily with the #16 pick.

So IMO at this point Lavar would be a luxury not a necessity.

Agreed.

I really believe Arrington is not a top priority, we still need a backup QB, a DT and a Safety, and I believe we can fill de LB position better in the draft, from what I Know, the DT and Safety position are not that deep on the draft.

So, it might be better not to play de LA game an let him get someone elses money!! Only if the price is right (low) we should get him.

Seriously, I've read these postings long enough to realize sometimes us fans tend to be a bit fanatic.

I'm a realist and even after Ricky's 172yd performance in week 17, I was hoping we could at least get a 4th for him. After this failed drug test, I'd be happy with a 5th or just keep him for another year and wait it out.

I don't want arrington. If we can find a chowder in 4 or 5, I'll be happy. The LB's this year are undersized, but maybe we can find a tweener to play some lb. That may be wishful thinking on my part, though.

Hannibal

For the right price, I'm willing to be very idiotic.

I've seen many people say that he's worth a first rounder to the 'Phins (i.e., that it's worth more keeping him than it would be to trade him for anything less), but I don't recall anyone saying they expected they would actually get that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom