Latest Rumors | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Latest Rumors

Sure....trying to convince Atlanta that we are going to take Ryan is something we that very well may happen. But to think Denver has Dorsey or Ellis rated as the best player in the draft and are willing to move all the way up to #1 to take either is just not realistic. The asking price would be huge and they dont have the ammo. They may very well be looking to move up, but probably more in the 5-8 range. My guess would be to New Englands pick at 7

like it or not, we will end up with #1 no matter what imo. at that point we need to fix the worst part of this team which is our oline, so jake long would most likely be the pick. i would love to trade out of it, but teams wont invest in what an unknown player would do at the next level...too many question marks

Sure....trying to convince Atlanta that we are going to take Ryan is something we that very well may happen. But to think Denver has Dorsey or Ellis rated as the best player in the draft and are willing to move all the way up to #1 to take either is just not realistic. The asking price would be huge and they dont have the ammo. They may very well be looking to move up, but probably more in the 5-8 range. My guess would be to New Englands pick at 7

I didn't say that Denver would trade up to the number 1 spot...but they could trade up to the 3 or 5 spot. K.C. is rumored to want J. Long...and they need him as bad as the Dolphins do...it's not to farfetched to see Miami going from 1-3 and then 3-5.

Added note...the draft is nothing but wheeling and dealing and scheming and scaming...I think Parcells knows how to play the game.

Hall is one of the most overrated corners in the game. His only upside is his speed. Also, I think everyone sees right through the whole Matt Ryan at #1 bs. We're not picking him, St.Louis isn't picking him so they have absolutely no reason to trade up.

YEARTEAM G TOT SOLO AST PD SACK FF REC INT YDS TD 2004ATL10 36 30 6 6 0.5 1 0 2 50 1 2005ATL15 66 59 7 10 0.0 1 86 6 177 0 2006ATL16 58 51 7 16 0.0 0 25 4 131 1 2007ATL16 70 63 7 16 0.0 1 56 5 80 0

You call that overrated? you call shutting down steve smith overrated. Going up agaisnt the Chad Johnson, T.O and still put up a fight overrated.

I didn't say that Denver would trade up to the number 1 spot...but they could trade up to the 3 or 5 spot. K.C. is rumored to want J. Long...and they need him as bad as the Dolphins do...it's not to farfetched to see Miami going from 1-3 and then 3-5.

Added note...the draft is nothing but wheeling and dealing and scheming and scaming...I think Parcells knows how to play the game.

At 4 and 5 both Longs would be gone, I don't see us moving past 3 at all, unless it was a H Walker type trade.

Atlanta makes the most sense, IMHO we would drop to 3rd overall and give atlanta #1 for their #3 and a player plus a 3rd round pick (Not sticking with the draft chart but it's a win/win). It wouldn't hurt Atlanta and we gain and get a Long.

If another team wanted #3 they would have to pay dearly since the projected talent drops, at both DE and LT.

Hall is one of the most overrated corners in the game. His only upside is his speed. Also, I think everyone sees right through the whole Matt Ryan at #1 bs. We're not picking him, St.Louis isn't picking him so they have absolutely no reason to trade up.

What??? Overrated??? D.Hall has been shutting down WR's since his days at V.T. More so he is better than any corner we have on our roster. The aquisition of D.Hall will move W.Allen to the #2 WR were he will excell covering the less talented WR's.

Although I doubt we will get D.Hall, he will be an upgrade at that position without a doubt.

At 4 and 5 both Longs would be gone, I don't see us moving past 3 at all, unless it was a H Walker type trade.

Atlanta makes the most sense, IMHO we would drop to 3rd overall and give atlanta #1 for their #3 and a player plus a 3rd round pick (Not sticking with the draft chart but it's a win/win). It wouldn't hurt Atlanta and we gain and get a Long.

If another team wanted #3 they would have to pay dearly since the projected talent drops, at both DE and LT.

Possible...but I don't see the Rams taking J. Long at 2 while they could go after Long as a future replacement for Pace...they have a greater need for a DE so I can see them select C. Long instead...so J. Long would be still available at 3...which the Dolphins would hold with a trade from the Falcons. Again...then it's easy to see a trade down again with K.C. for their 5th pick.

Possible...but I don't see the Rams taking J. Long at 2 while they could go after Long as a future replacement for Pace...they have a greater need for a DE so I can see them select C. Long instead...so J. Long would be still available at 3...which the Dolphins would hold with a trade from the Falcons. Again...then it's easy to see a trade down again with K.C. for their 5th pick.

That's what I don't see happening, there is no way we pass on both Longs, Chris or Jake. At 3 we get one of them at 5 we get none.

Who would you want at 5 over C. Long or J. Long?

That's what I don't see happening, there is no way we pass on both Longs, Chris or Jake. At 3 we get one of them at 5 we get none.

Who would you want at 5 over C. Long or J. Long?

If I had the choice...J. Long...but then again...we have no idea what Parcells wants...he may go with a player like Rivers or Groves...who can be selected later in the first round...or a player like Branden Albert who also can be selected later. The idea is to amass draft picks...and still acquire players that you need.

I think we have a better chance of convincing ATL we'll take Ryan than we do of brokering any trade between us and the Cowboys for McFadden.

Back
Top Bottom