Latest Rumors | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Latest Rumors

If I had the choice...J. Long...but then again...we have no idea what Parcells wants...he may go with a player like Rivers or Groves...who can be selected later in the first round...or a player like Branden Albert who also can be selected later. The idea is to amass draft picks...and still acquire players that you need.

I can appreciate that, however I don't believe you give up a "projected elite talent" on a 1-15 team to amass lower tier guys 3-7th round picks. The trade would have to be significant. And right now I don't believe our team has that luxury.

Ofcourse this all depends on whether JT stays or gets traded.

I think we have a better chance of convincing ATL we'll take Ryan than we do of brokering any trade between us and the Cowboys for McFadden.

I'd say that depends on two things...how far McFadden drops due to his past...and how bad Jerry wants him.

I can appreciate that, however I don't believe you give up a "projected elite talent" on a 1-15 team to amass lower tier guys 3-7th round picks. The trade would have to be significant. And right now I don't believe our team has that luxury.

Ofcourse this all depends on whether JT stays or gets traded.

Rivers...Groves and Albert are not lower tier guys...and they would fit our needs. We don't need one "superstar" we need as many good players as possible.

I always will contend that it comes down to Long, Long, and Ryan.

If we end up around 4 or 5 by trading down, then we take Gholsten and screw the Jets and Patriots who will be looking to get him.

I really think your going to see Tuna & Co. show A LOT of interest in Matt Ryan and eventually McFadden trying to woo a trade with Dallas or Atlanta. Gut feeling is we wind up taking one of the Long boys 1st and Flacco in the early 2nd. I really think Atlanta will jump on it. :woot:

Here's another name of a player who should be watched...he could be the suprise player that Parcells is hiding in his pocket...D. Harvey of Fla.

Rivers...Groves and Albert are not lower tier guys...and they would fit our needs. We don't need one "superstar" we need as many good players as possible.

The one superstar comment is out of context I said "projected elite talent", If we trade to 3 with Atlanta we will have:

A player from Atlanta probably D.Hall and

1 pick 3rd
2 pick 32 and 58
3 pick 64 and 67 (from Atlanta)
and so on.

We will have ammo to amass talent I just don't believe Parcells will pass on rare talent. Unless it's a Huge trade. (Ex. KC would have to swap #1's and toss their 2nd and 3rd)

This is all dependent on JT, I can see us trading him but not consumating the trade till draft day. If we trade him before the draft then Chris Long is a lock. But if we trade him after Atlanta takes the bait and the Rams draft J. Long then were safe and we'll gain hopefully another 2nd and a 4th.

I really think your going to see Tuna & Co. show A LOT of interest in Matt Ryan and eventually McFadden trying to woo a trade with Dallas or Atlanta. Gut feeling is we wind up taking one of the Long boys 1st and Flacco in the early 2nd. I really think Atlanta will jump on it. :woot:

No way we trade with Dallas and drop that far......just to gain an extra 1st that low. IMO ofcourse....Dallas would have to offer to much and I'm sure that's why most of that trade talk has been swept under the rug.

That's what I don't see happening, there is no way we pass on both Longs, Chris or Jake. At 3 we get one of them at 5 we get none.

Who would you want at 5 over C. Long or J. Long?

At #5 you may be able to get a Vernon Golston which is not as good as C.Long but a nice prize as well in the Merriman mold.

At #5 you may be able to get a Vernon Golston which is not as good as C.Long but a nice prize as well in the Merriman mold.

I'm not disagreeing with anyone on the potential, continuing drop of trades, I just believe consolation prizes were for the following regimes we need hits in this draft. And if we do trade to 5 and draft a VG or whoever I would be happy because KC or whoever better have paid dearly.

If he is around, Flacco will be in a Phins Uni.
I dont follow college football at all, but a cousin (who I turned into a phins fan at a young age) told me to check out Flacco awhile back. And I'm impressed. Not only with obvious things like size and arm strength, but I watched a hi-lite vid and it seems like his o-line breaks down a lot, but he doesnt panic and seems to make good decisions.

yeah i agree, i think a 3-4 team will draft vernon and have him play the pass rush olb.. i just don't see c. long as a olb in the nfl, probably a better DE in the 4-3 .

I would never discount the possibility of a trade for the number #1 pick. There are 32 teams and anyone of those teams that is enamored with a particular player could entertain a trade for the number one pick. You say, "why not wait?". Because waiting presents the opportunity for another team to trade past you for the player you target.
Atlanta has the third pick and are convinced Miami is not going to take Ryan so they wait for him to fall past Miami and the Rams to no#3. Well just suppose for example the Ravens, (and I am not insinuating the Ravens want Ryan) decide Matt Ryan is the next Peyton Manning and want a franchise QB for the next ten years. At the last minute the Ravens make a trade to the Rams for Ryan. Waiting has just caused the Falcons to lose out on the one player they targeted in the draft. The only real way of guaranteeing that any team gets a specific player of Ryan or Chris Long's or Jake Long's caliber is trading up to the No#1 position where no other team can move past you to select the player you want. If any team considers Matt Ryan the next big thing, the only way that team can eliminate risk is by trading with Miami for the No#1 pick. Will it happen? Probably not, but there is always a chance. Depends on how badly a team wants the player they have targeted and how big a chance they wont to take that player is there when they reach their pick.
A prime example is the Giants and Chargers trade involving Eli Manning and Phillip Rivers. Did the Chargers really want Eli Manning at No#1 or did they know how bad the Giants wanted Eli Manning and anticipated what the Giants would give up for him?

I love rumors about owners of fortune five hundred companies that covet football players.

The home depot man knows his s##t ya'll....nice recipe for disaster buddy.

Back
Top Bottom