Latu - Turner - Verse | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Latu - Turner - Verse

The Ghost

Stamos
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I am curious to know how many of you have a strong opinion one way or the other on all 3 of these prospects. Physically they all look the part and have produced so I am looking for opinions that separate them from each other.

I know we need OL and if I were betting on what our first round pick would be, I'd say OL for sure but if there is a position that can sway us off of that in the first round, I think its an edge rusher.

I am not the biggest Bradley Chubb fan and the ACL injury compounds that a little bit and coupled with the Jaelen Phillips injury, I think there is a glaring need, not just for 2024 but beyond. I like the Shaq Barrett addition as an insurance policy but you know the saying, you can never have enough pass rushers.

And I am thinking about Mahomes and Allen when it comes to what I am planning to accomplish this year. These guys stand out as players who can put a real dent in the problem.

If any were to fall to 21, who would you bet it is and why?

Last edited:
I don't know, Latu seems pretty athletic at that size and 34.5 combined TFL's (21 1/2 TFLs,13 sacks) as compared to just 18 combined for Turner last year is a staggering difference, while adding two brilliant INT's. He has me pretty intrigued. Two of those sacks came against Caleb Williams, who is pretty tricky to corral and we also able to chase down Shadeur Sanders.

I get that Turner is a better athlete but he's substantially smaller so you'd expect some quicker combine results.

I have them in the same order as J-Off but I think Verse might be my favorite. He plays with violence and power.

Turner is the upside athlete and Latu is the productive college star who I worry about going against better OL in the NFL.

I think Turner will be off the board at #21 but both Verse and Latu could be there along with Newton possibly for DL options.

I really, really like Turner for his versatility and would be my pick if I could only have one. He also typically played against better competition, which can be overstated at times, but I feel is important, especially in such a critical game ingredient as pass rush.

After that, I think I would take Verse over Latu as he seems to be a twitchier player and I think has more upside.

If given the chance, I would not be too upset if we take any of them, so long as we still get that solid OL with our next pick.

I really, really like Turner for his versatility and would be my pick if I could only have one. He also typically played against better competition, which can be overstated at times, but I feel is important, especially in such a critical game ingredient as pass rush.

After that, I think I would take Verse over Latu as he seems to be a twitchier player and I think has more upside.

If given the chance, I would not be too upset if we take any of them, so long as we still get that solid OL with our next pick.

He's also a Fort Lauderdale kid.

I wouldn't mind any of the 3, if they see what I see in each of them.

I'd give up a 2025 3rd rounder to get any one of them but I don't know that that pick would get you more than 3-4 spots up the board, at best.

I don't want to go into the season with just Shaq Barrett and praying Chubb or Phillips can get back.

I think Chubb is gone after the season and then your left with just Phillips coming back. We need that pass rusher.

I have Verse and Turner top 10, Latu top 30

Turner will likely be long gone by 21. Verse might still be available and he would by my preference. Latu should still be available at 21 if we want to take him.

I think DE/OLB is our biggest need with Phillips and Chubb both going to miss a substantial part of the season. Also Phillips will be a Free Agent next year and we might not be able to re-sign him. This is also Chubb's 2nd ACL injury, I think he suffred the same injury when he was with the Broncos.

Chop Robinson could also be an option if we can manage to trade down and pick up some extra draft capital.

The OL can still be addressed in round 2 which I believe is our next biggest need.

I have them in the same order as J-Off but I think Verse might be my favorite. He plays with violence and power.

Turner is the upside athlete and Latu is the productive college star who I worry about going against better OL in the NFL.

I think Turner will be off the board at #21 but both Verse and Latu could be there along with Newton possibly for DL options.
I think Verse fits that Baltimore mold the best of the three. If that matters. Love his physical play.

I'd go Verse, Turner and Latu. I don't like Latu enough to take him at 21.

If Bowers somehow slipped past Indy and Cincy I would abandon my desire to bolster the OL and DL and add another matchup weapon like him in a heartbeat.

+1

However, I just have a sneaky suspicion either the Chargers or Titans take him.

Back
Top Bottom