Law to Miami? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Law to Miami?

Sal Lisitano said:
I don't know who said this...I'm sure finfans said that Surtain was better than Law and K.C. should be smart and trade for Surtain...I don't know who said that he was washed up...I know that I said his injury is still a concern...but before you come here and state what you stated...please provide facts...what past threads was this stated on? Another thing is...are you for sure that the same people who MAY have said he's washed up are the same people saying that he's great? Again...don't come in here and polute this board with stupid accusations!!!

Go Fins!!!
AMEN BROTHER :D

Muck said:
Everyone under 50 posts take note. This is how you link when you can't link.

Thank you sir.

Everyone take note:

This is how you notify the people under 50 posts, how to link when they can't link :evil: Love ya muck

phinsforever said:
Won't let me post link, but it is in today's Boston's globe, football, page 4(bottom of page)
I know the price tag could be excessive, but Law is a prototypical Saban corner.
Based on his injury I'm thinking many teams may not offer him the years / money that he would normally get as a FA. He may be more inclined to play on an incentive based deal for a year then hit the FA market healthy.

coach72 said:
If this is true we're talking about somebody way better than surtain when healthy.

:evil:

Lets not get crazy.... However a healthy TY LAW with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove would be nice!!

I'm not so sure that thinking long term at this point is really necessary. Potentially, Poole is long term. We just need somebody to get us over this particular hump. If we find a long termer then great but what are the odds? A "one year rental" is really all we need.

wow, the addition of Ty Law surely will make us look good. Id rather have Ty Law than Terrell Buckley, because Buckley is in his 14th year. Ty Law is in his 11th year. Can u imagine what kind of pass defense we would have if Saban finds a way to sign Law AND Buckley? I doubt that would happen, but Ty Law is a big upgrade over Travis Daniels or Reggie Howard. I hope it all works out.

nyjunc said:
You should take your own advice and look up the posts. Obviously not every dolphin fan has said that but a good number have. Click the links for your reading pleasure:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=77862&highlight=law+jets

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=77517&highlight=law+jets

Actually, what you should do is...look at all the finfans who said that Law was all done...and then see if these same finfans where the ones who are now saying that he will be great if he goes to the fins...until then...your previous post is false.

Go Fins!!!

Sal Lisitano said:
Actually, what you should do is...look at all the finfans who said that Law was all done...and then see if these same finfans where the ones who are now saying that he will be great if he goes to the fins...until then...your previous post is false.

Go Fins!!!

So I should inspect every post by every poster? In previous threads the overwhelming # of posters thought Law was done when they thought he'd be a Jet but now that there are dolphin rumors I see nothing but positives, isn't that interesting? Where were the glowing positives before Miami was mentioned?

nyjunc said:
So I should inspect every post by every poster? In previous threads the overwhelming # of posters thought Law was done when they thought he'd be a Jet but now that there are dolphin rumors I see nothing but positives, isn't that interesting? Where were the glowing positives before Miami was mentioned?

Yes, you should...if you put statements out there like you did...you need to back it up...or else don't say anything.

Actually...I do remember some FinFans saying that Law might be a good fit here...if he got healthy...and for the right price.

We could go back and forth with this...so I really don't care...I was just trying to show that you should not be so "general" and accuse all FinFans...becuase that's how it sounded.

Go Fins!!!

GreenMonster said:
And we have an extra 6.5million where.. Not going to happen if he wants that much he won't want to sign a 1 year deal either.
I've read he may take a 1 year deal as it would allow him to prove he is healthy and sign a HUGE deal next year.

I would be surprised if there were more than a tiny number of Fin Fans who think that a healthy Ty Law is a liability. He's obviously lost a step, but if healthy (and that's a huge IF), he's still got game, whether he's playing for Miami, New York, or whoever.

DOLFANMIKE said:
I've read he may take a 1 year deal as it would allow him to prove he is healthy and sign a HUGE deal next year.

That's worked real well for Nomar Garciaparra in baseball. :lol:

Seriously though, I think that's a bad gamble on Law's part. I'd push for a multi-year deal. Someone will give it to him. Even if he's still got game left, he's clearly got more years behind than ahead. By taking a one year deal, he's taking on a lot of risk, and even if healthy, there are always talented young corners who are eating up the market. I think he'd find himself in the same situation next year even if he had a big year on a one year contract. If I was his agent, I'd tell him only to do that as a last resort.

Back
Top Bottom