Lawson "The Freak" II | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lawson "The Freak" II

zodiak

Starter
Reaction score
Dolfans

Anyone here agree that Lawson seems like he could become the next "freak"
he played DE in college and right now projects to LB just as Kearse did.

I go back and forth with wanting Lawson, I kinda feel like if we can sign Arrington then I'd like to see Jimmy Williams get drafted by Miami.

Lawson will be an animal. He is a "freak" and is unbelieveably athletic for his size...

I would be thrilled to draft him and I think he would be a demon in our defense. As many have said, Lawson compares alot to Jason Taylor, and he has even said his idol that he really looks up to is Jason Taylor. He would be a great fit... and has amazing upside. I'm all for it...

I am also a BIG Jimmy Williams fan...

Although I do like Lawson, I think a bguy like Wimbley would be a better fit.

lawson is 250 with the size to put on weight and he runs a 4.1 40 he is a great pick if we dont sign arrington if we do i really like williams playing safety for us

poornate said:
He is so thin....he scares me if we select him.
It scares me to if we pick him at 16. Not worried bout his weight.
I think right now if we picked him up with the 16th pick all were getting is a situational pass rusher and I can't see us using our first pick on that.
He may mature into something better but right now using the 16th on him seems risky. Though he could turn out to be an amazing player.

poornate said:
He is so thin....he scares me if we select him.

Thin? 250 isnt thin for an OLB...

FinNasty said:
Thin? 250 isnt thin for an OLB...

:confused2

Maybe the guy thought he was posting in a draft Brodie Croyle thread.

Here is my ideal scenarios

If we sign Arrington the draft Santonio Holmes, he will be an amazing slot reciever for a few years then step in and replace Booker

If we dont sign Arrington, then go for Lawson, the more I hear about him the more I really like him

I am just in love with Lawson's upside... I want either him or Greenway. Greenway is more polished... and is already comfortable playing OLB... but Lawson has more upside... and I am starting to favor Lawson more...

I would be thrilled with either though...

phinfan_1 said:
It scares me to if we pick him at 16. Not worried bout his weight.
I think right now if we picked him up with the 16th pick all were getting is a situational pass rusher and I can't see us using our first pick on that.
He may mature into something better but right now using the 16th on him seems risky. Though he could turn out to be an amazing player.

Not really. If we draft him, we have a starting OLB and/or future J.Y. imo.

Silverphin said:
Not really. If we draft him, we have a starting OLB and/or future J.Y. imo.
The point of my last post Silverphin was I'm not so sure he will be a starting OLB...because I'm not convinced he can play standup.
And right now there's no way he could takes Jasons place because he plays with to narrow a base. And he would get blown out of the play in the NFL. Jason has always played with a wide base and was good against the run since he's been here. Thats why I say I think he'd just be a situational pass rusher. And to pick him w/the 16th pick seems risky. But he could develop into a fulltime player.
But the guy has awesome upside and he's fun to watch.

Dolfan4life34 said:
lawson is 250 with the size to put on weight and he runs a 4.1 40 he is a great pick if we dont sign arrington if we do i really like williams playing safety for us

Exaggeration on both ends. Manny Lawsons playing wieght is 240 if he is lucky, more like lower 230's.

Manny runs a 4.4 40. Not a 4.1 40.

Your exaggeration is not needed to prove his athleticism.

Back
Top Bottom