LB's in the Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LB's in the Draft

malzj

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Who do you guys think has the most potential to be a star Lb in the NFL?

Manny Lawson and Ernie sims, and obviously AJ Hawk(the next Zach Thomas)

Ive said it before but I will keep saying it again
Draft Ernie Simms!!! He Ran a 4.54, which is sick for an Lb, is 231 built as can be and has really good tackling and covering skills.
Hes a Star

Ernie Sims is a workout warrior. Guy never made a play in college. He will be a bust.

Hawk is a stud.

Greenway is pretty good. Solid...not worth a first rounder.

Lawson will have to learn the LB position.

Ive said it before but I will keep saying it again
Draft Ernie Simms!!! He Ran a 4.54, which is sick for an Lb, is 231 built as can be and has really good tackling and covering skills.
Hes a Star

You and i are on the same page (though i would prefer Lawson) but you can also add a 41 inch vertical to sims stats 5'11" 231 with a 41" vertical:drool: thats athletic!

A.J. Hawk is going to probably have the best pro career out of all the linebackers in the draft. Greenway is good but not as good a Hawk. No one mentions Abdul Hodge but i think he's a play maker in the 3-4.

PhinFan0202 said:
A.J. Hawk is going to probably have the best pro career out of all the linebackers in the draft. Greenway is good but not as good a Hawk. No one mentions Abdul Hodge but i think he's a play maker in the 3-4.

Great point. If we could somehow get a 2nd and grab Hodge, he could start. He has played behind Greenway and not got much media attention. I've met him personally and Abdul is STACKED, Bob Sanders like. My list for starters in this draft would be
Sims
Hawk
Greenway
Hodge
Demarco Ryans
Manny Lawson(if OLB)

Lawson will have to learn the LB position.
- The risk/reward value on Manny is one of the highest in the 2006 class. He could never meet his expectations due to the inability to return to the LB position at a high level, or he could turn out to be one of the most dangerous linebackers in the league. Manny’s ideal situation would probably be in a 3-4, which would having him standing up, but also allow the freedom to rush the passer very, very often.
He played linebacker and was moved to d. end after his sophmore season so he wont have to learn the position.

1. Hawk
2. Ryans
3. Carpenter (DE also)
4. Greenway
5. Sims
6. Wimbley (DE also)
7. D'Qwell
8. Hodge
9. Howard
10. Lawson (DE also)

Chad Greenway or Manny Lawson would be good picks for Miami at #16

10. Lawson (DE also)

10th!!!:eek: Lawson WILL be one of the top 5 LBs taken in the draft! IMO
1. AJ Hawk and then Sims and Lawson tied for 2nd(different styles)

Back
Top Bottom