LB's in the Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LB's in the Draft

So, tell me, Mods, why isn't this moved to the draft forum? When a discussion of Saban's Miami Dolphin related draft philosophy is moved there?

Doesn't make sense to me that one may not discuss the Dolphins draft posture on the draft board. But, one may discuss LB's in the draft. ???

So, tell me, Mods, why isn't this moved to the draft forum? When a discussion of Saban's Miami Dolphin related draft philosophy is moved there?

Doesn't make sense to me that one may not discuss the Dolphins draft posture on the draft board. But, one may discuss LB's in the draft. ???

:sleep: :shakeno:

Greenway and hodge. i mean when i met them at a local atuograph signing i say greenway sitting down and im like.. whats so Awsome about him. untill he stood up. he is a f'n tank man his shoulders are like likea solid box. he looks like he means bussiness. and being from iowa i have seen him play alot. now the outback bowl agienst the gators i would have to say that was one of the many bad calls. but did you see him on that special teams onside kick. and (he was offsides somehow) anyways he will be a great assit to any team he goes to. be awsome to see him in dolphins colors. then i would have greenways autograph and mat roths auto graph. 2 of the 53 players (or how ever many i need)

Da 'Fins said:

:sidelol:

Need I say my preference.:cooldude:

so its safe to say that you also disagree with the other poster that has him ranked as the 10th best linebacker available!

PROJECTION:

Miami Dolphins
Round 1, Pick 16
Jay Drowns/TSN
Overall grade: 8.3
Position rank: 3
225lb bench: 13
NFL comparison:
Keith Brooking, Falcons

CHAD GREENWAY MEASURABLES
Height: 6-2 Weight: 240
40-yard dash: 4.58 10-yard dash: 1.64
20-yard shuttle: 4.22 60-yard shuttle: 11.40
Broad jump: 10-0 225-lb. bench: 19
3-cone drill: 7.00 Vertical jump: 38
Wonderlic: 20-yard dash: 2.74

KEY » * Recently updated Position grade increased Position grade decreased
Chad Greenway
OLB, Iowa

War Room analysis
Against the inside run: Is aggressive; showing power and explosiveness in tight spaces. Is tough. Attacks the line of scrimmage. Uses hands well to shed blockers. Must strengthen lower body and bulk up to be a force against NFL linemen. Grade: 8.2.

Against the outside run: Is a sideline-to-sideline playmaker with great speed and quickness. Has great lateral pursuit, takes good angles to the ball and shows an explosive burst. Seals the backside in pursuit and fills cutback lanes. Grade: 8.5.

Blitz/coverage:: Is active. Shows great quickness and instincts on blitzes and a closing pass-rush burst. Has all the physical tools in coverage -- can turn and run with running backs and tight ends, and drops quickly into his zone. Must develop better man-to-man skills downfield. Grade: 8.2.

Run/pass recognition: Shows great awareness, and reads plays quickly and correctly. Rarely takes false steps or gets caught out of position. Grade: 8.3.

Pursuit/tackling: Uses great body control and vision to break down and make tackles in pursuit, shutting down cutback lanes. Is a steady yet explosive tackler in open field. Grade: 8.3.

Bottom line: Greenway has all the tools -- great speed, attitude, intelligence and work ethic -- to be an outstanding weakside linebacker. There are some concerns about a serious knee injury in '02 and he still needs to get stronger, but Greenway should be able to contribute as a rookie, possibly even start. Expect him to be selected in the middle of the first round.

Dan Pompei analysis
Athletic, every-down linebacker who can run, cover and rush the passer. Is tough, aggressive and smart. Has explosiveness and likes to hit.

NEWS

Greenway was generally pleased with his Combine performance but was disappointed in his 40-yard dash time. And he says his vertical leap was a little below his usual performance. Greenway was interviewed by 19 teams, including by Steelers coach Bill Cowher. -- Associated Press

PROJECTION:

Jacksonville Jaguars
Round 1, Pick 28
Bob Leverone/TSN
Overall grade: 7.5
Position rank: 4
225lb bench: 41
NFL comparison:
Jason Taylor, Dolphins

MANNY LAWSON MEASURABLES
Height: 6-5 Weight: 241
40-yard dash: 4.43 10-yard dash: 1.53
20-yard shuttle: 4.18 60-yard shuttle: 11.08
Broad jump: 10-4 225-lb. bench: 23
3-cone drill: 6.90 Vertical jump: 39
Wonderlic: 20-yard dash: 2.53

KEY » * Recently updated Position grade increased Position grade decreased
Manny Lawson
DE, NC State

War Room analysis
Strengths: Is an outstanding natural athlete with rare speed. Plays bigger than his size would indicate. Is an explosive tackler. As a pass rusher, flies off the edge and shows a great closing burst. Is raw, but continues to develop pass-rush moves. Has steadily matured. Shows the speed to blow past top offensive tackles. Chases down the ball well in pursuit. Shows good instincts, takes good angles to the ball and makes sound open-field tackles. Is a demon on special teams. Works hard in the weight room, and shows the potential to add bulk.

Weaknesses: Is undersized. Must strengthen lower body and play with better leverage at the point of attack. Can get overwhelmed against the run. Must learn to use hands better to shed blocks; relies too much on strong upper body.

Bottom line: Lawson is a physical specimen with freakish strength and terrific running and leaping ability. He must polish his all-around game but has unlimited potential. With added bulk, he can be a good every-down end. With his current skills, he also could play outside linebacker in a 3-4 scheme.

NEWS

Look for Lawson to go higher in the draft than expected, especially with so many teams switching to a 3-4 scheme and desperately in search of outside linebackers who can rush the passer. Cleveland, New England and Pittsburgh are always searching for guys like Lawson. -- War Room scouts

jon alston might be available in the 4th and would be a perfect fit as the coverage/pass rush lb in our 3-4. tall, fast (could do with some more weight) and a knack for plays behind the line of scrimmage. also, he played against alot of the better/more complex offenses in the ncaa (pac10).

lezgogents!!

Ernie Sims/AJ Hawk/Manny Lawson will all be stars. However, I see Lawson having the impact, similar, that Demarcus Ware had with the Cowboys. Maybe not the same production in his rookie year, but a definite star on the rise being able to rush as a DE and play the LB spot.

Oh yeah, Chad Greenway? Can he knock down a RB? I'm more of a person who judges the players how they play on the field, not on their workouts, but if someone does exceptionaly well or vice versa, a question mark is raised. I don't like Greenway, if he's there in the 2nd (and we get a 2nd) I'll take him. Not in the 1st though.

I would love to have Lawson or Carpenter on the Dolphins if we can't get LaVar

Back
Top Bottom