League News, cuts, signings, rumors….. | Page 161 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

League News, cuts, signings, rumors…..

Probably 15 if he hits free market, smart move is to trade for him. Cowboys pay his dead cap and we get him for 3 years at 10 million a year and can cut at any time with no penalty.
That why I am asking.

I am not saying to get him personally.

However, of the Phins are truly interested in him wouldn't the smarter move to be to trade a 5th or whatever late rounder for him?

I am pretty sure he will sign for more than 10 million a season.

Isn't the extra cap space more valuable than a 5,6 or 7th round pick.

His contract is ideal if he is in fact a player this regime wants..

That why I am asking.

I am not saying to get him personally.

However, of the Phins are truly interested in him wouldn't the smarter move to be to trade a 5th or whatever late rounder for him?

I am pretty sure he will sign for more than 10 million a season.

Isn't the extra cap space more valuable than a 5,6 or 7th round pick.

His contract is ideal if he is in fact a player this regime wants..

I don’t see why they wouldnt want him for his kn field play. He graded the 4th best tackle in the league. Was suspended for substance abuse but that’s where getting him ina trade pays off. They’d have no guaranteed money so essentially if he plays sub par or continues to abuse substance you can cut him save 10 million with no dead cap.

I don’t see why they wouldnt want him for his kn field play. He graded the 4th best tackle in the league. Was suspended for substance abuse but that’s where getting him ina trade pays off. They’d have no guaranteed money so essentially if he plays sub par or continues to abuse substance you can cut him save 10 million with no dead cap.

Well I think character issues also.

I never looked into it. Was he involved in a murder investigation?

There might be too many red flags

So personally, I am not advocating for Collins.

However, with his contract structure, if the Dolphins are really interested you will not find a better RT for less than 10 million for 3 years who could be cut with no penalties at anytime pretty much.

For a 5th or less that's a true steal

Well I think character issues also.

I never looked into it. Was he involved in a murder investigation?

There might be too many red flags

So personally, I am not advocating for Collins.

However, with his contract structure, if the Dolphins are really interested you will not find a better RT for less than 10 million for 3 years who could be cut with no penalties at anytime pretty much.

For a 5th or less that's a true steal

Yes, the murder investigation was why he went undrafted. It appears he was never a suspect, just questioned because the woman was a former girlfriend.

Having Connor Williams in the fold now should give the staff insights on how Collins was viewed within that Cowboys locker room.

Back
Top Bottom