LeBron, Bosh, and D Wade.....It's a reality | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LeBron, Bosh, and D Wade.....It's a reality

Apparently Beasley still has yet to join Minnesota, which opens up the cap room for Miller, which in turn allows the Heat to fill the remaining cap space and allows them to sign minimum contract players like Howard and Ilgauskas. Once Beasley passes the physical, everything else can fall into place.

Raja Bell took the dollars from Utah...can't blame him for that. Wouldn't be surprised if someone gave Barnes a multi-year deal as well. Stackhouse wants to come to Miami, and its not like he was all that bad last year for Milwaukee....still would like to get someone with a little more spring in their step to backup Wade on the wing. Arroyo wants to come back as well.....like Stack hes a decent fallback option if guys like Eddie House find someone willing to give them more money.

Joel Anthony comes back for 5 yrs 18 mil.

Ilgauskas signs for 2 ys 2.4 mil.

Dexter Pittman signs a 3 yr deal starting ~800k.

Anthony probably starts, blocks some shots, gets some rebounds, and generally tries to stay out of the way......big Z provides decent minutes and an automatic jumper for Lebron and the second unit, and Pittman provides 6 hard fouls for Howard.

And good for Anthony.....the guy has worked his *** off and improves every year. He deserves the contract.

James Jones coming back for the minimum. Hope they actually find some time for him on the court... Nice to see Riley bringing back guys who have stuck with the team. Jones gave the Heat a 3 mil discount on his buyout which he didn't need to do and helped them open up more cap room this season.

I'm still not sure why he had such a hard time making it on the court these past two seasons. Hes had a couple strange, lingering injuries, which have never really been explained by the media. But if hes healthy he gives the Heat another threat from beyond the arc.

Magloire and Arroyo coming back as well.....Magloire probably knocks Pittman down to the d-league for a year. Arroyo could be anything from the starting to third string PG. I'm guessing another point is coming in....maybe Dooling or House.

Get ready for the Juwannnaaaman Howard era. 14 years late :\ Eh PJ Brown<3

Hansbrouck and Randolph get non-guaranteed contracts:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/07/29/1751207/miami-heats-kenny-hasbrouck-signs.html

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/07/27/1749260/miami-heat-adds-power-forward.html

.....unlikely either makes the final roster but at least gives them some cash as a thank you for showing up for the summer league and giving the starters someone to beat up on in training camp. I'd guess the Heat will leave a few roster spots open waiting around for guys like Dampier and Redd to be bought out/released. Hopefully they can hook up Dozier, Varnado, and Beverley with deals overseas and give them another shot next year. All have shown promise but aren't likely to make this roster.

Heat sign Beverley to a 2 yr deal:

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20..._patrick-beverley-miami-heat-shavlik-randolph

I think its partially guaranteed with a team option for the second year, so they really do want to make it work with Patrick but they'll hedge their bets anyways and it won't cost them much if they want to cut him before the start of the season or if they want to pick someone up after the post trade deadline buyouts. I love the defensive potential and I'm sure that's what Riley sees as well. Put him on the court with Wade and James and you have three guys who are longer, quicker, and more athletic than pretty much everyone they face.

Back
Top Bottom