LeBron to opt out of contract | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LeBron to opt out of contract

This was the big topic on local sports talk shows today. They threw around the question of which team would James best be suited for. They tossed around the idea that James could simply sign for the MLE for like $5/mil for a year since he already has enough money from endorsements. If that was to occur he could play on teams like OKC, Washington, or even the Spurs.

Every Heat fan here is deathly around he and the crew are going to leave. It's going to be real interesting to see this board's reaction if James goes elsewhere.

This was the big topic on local sports talk shows today. They threw around the question of which team would James best be suited for. They tossed around the idea that James could simply sign for the MLE for like $5/mil for a year since he already has enough money from endorsements. If that was to occur he could play on teams like OKC, Washington, or even the Spurs.

Every Heat fan here is deathly around he and the crew are going to leave. It's going to be real interesting to see this board's reaction if James goes elsewhere.

I think the more interesting thing would be seeing the "proclaimed Heat fan number" fall off of a direct cliff. You know this is a bandwagon town at it's finest. **** is a joke.

Lebron doesn't owe Miami anything, so he's free to do whatever he needs to. I think Miami is definitely the favorite in this race but if I was in his position I'd want to make sure I gave myself the best opportunities and see what the Heat have planned because clearly you can't return that same roster next year and expect the results to be different.

I think Pops could find a few minutes for him. :chuckle:

2e7ana5u-1.jpg

You guys seem to be missing the fact that under their current contracts there's no money to add a few quality players to help out. By opting out they can reshuffle the deck and come back even stronger. In Riley we trust.

However, the reality from the start has been LeBron almost certainly will stay in Miami. He had to opt out to put pressure on the Heat to make roster changes, make sure Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh know he was serious, and most importantly to sign for less to give Pat Riley room to maneuver.

People close to LeBron don’t think he’s leaving, reports Chris Manix at Sports Illustrated.

"Thus, James opts out. But it hardly indicates a desire to leave South Beach. In fact, according to a source familiar with James’ thinking, returning to Miami remains the strongest option. James has tremendous respect for Pat Riley. He has developed a strong relationship with Heat coach Erik Spoelstra. He enjoys playing with Bosh and Wade, and still believes that core can win. It just needs a little help."

What about other executives around the league.

“I’d be surprised if he didn’t go back to Miami,” said an Eastern Conference executive.

Added another, “Why would he go anywhere? He has everything he wants in Miami.”

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....xpect-him-to-stay/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Still unconcerned and, to be honest, more interested in what the Heat will be adding than i am what we might be losing.

As someone who hasn't really followed the NBA in several years, it is kind of funny seeing all the people who have bashed the **** out of LeBron over these years suddenly putting his dick squarely in their mouths at the thought of him playing for their teams. :lol:

As someone who hasn't really followed the NBA in several years, it is kind of funny seeing all the people who have bashed the **** out of LeBron over these years suddenly putting his dick squarely in their mouths at the thought of him playing for their teams. :lol:

^this^

Some Heat fans too :3w:

Here's a long shot, which I believe to be possible. The Big 3 stay, and with Melo, play for around $60M a year. Don't put it past Riley.

Here's a long shot, which I believe to be possible. The Big 3 stay, and with Melo, play for around $60M a year. Don't put it past Riley.

The Big 3 would hate Melo after about two games because his ball-hogging would scar their egos.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom