LeighSteinberg on radio the Brick at Night | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LeighSteinberg on radio the Brick at Night

Rev Kev

Tank for Tua Apologist
Club Member
Reaction score
Steinberg said today getting people to focus on Tua the player and his health days and hours before the draft was difficult because so much stuff was being said out there

More importantly Leigh said it wouldn’t hurt him to see Tua sit one year but said of course the player never feels this way

If Tua is healthy, he will play this season...too much talent, he will win over that team easily, and he will put on a show at practice. It will be too hard to keep him off the field unless the o-line is a disaster.

Yea, Steinberg has been saying for a while he would like to see Tua sit for a year

Yea, Steinberg has been saying for a while he would like to see Tua sit for a year

One of the reasons I think Miami was so desirable. They have a built-in way to allow him to sit. I think think it will be hard as hell to keep him out though.

If Tua is healthy, he will play this season...too much talent, he will win over that team easily, and he will put on a show at practice. It will be too hard to keep him off the field unless the o-line is a disaster.
I think the reason they wanted Fitzpatrick back this season is because they anticipated that if they were able to draft a Tua, he would likely need to sit out the 2020 season. While he might be healthy enough to run around and throw passes in shorts, I doubt if his hip is healed enough to take a hit from an NFL player. I just don’t see him playing at all next year unless the season is delayed because of the virus and they end up playing in the spring of 2021.

I don't think this is the year for a rookie QB to Start right away. I think the install of the offence will be complicated for every team. No OTA's or Mini Camps etc. I hope we are as patient as possible... If he hits the field I hope its near the end of the season..

He may be able to move around but will he be strong enough to withstand hits and have all the parts be strong enough to stay in place? That would be worth letting him sit IMO assuming the doctors are on that track. And he can learn a lot that way, especially by watching a smart and generous guy like Fitzpatrick as a mentor.

I think the reason they wanted Fitzpatrick back this season is because they anticipated that if they were able to draft a Tua, he would likely need to sit out the 2020 season. While he might be healthy enough to run around and throw passes in shorts, I doubt if his hip is healed enough to take a hit from an NFL player. I just don’t see him playing at all next year unless the season is delayed because of the virus and they end up playing in the spring of 2021.

You don't think it had anything to do with his performance as a QB the last half of the season?

If he is healthy and plays like he did before, he will be on the field sooner than most people think. The coaches won’t have any choice. You play best players.

I also think there's a chance the season starts a little later, which could benefit Tua. If he's healthy it's hard to imagine him not playing eventually this season, though. Agree, some of that will depend on how the offensive line develops.

If the offensive line has proved they can first protect a QB then Tua may have a shot to play.

I'm not so sure. Part of the equation as to when he plays is also getting a brand new group of O-linemen (Jackson, Hunt, Kindley from the Draft - Karras, Flowers - free agents - Davis, Deiter and another "Joe Schmo" from last season) to come together and gel as a unit with a new O-line coach in a new Offensive system and this is more difficult and probably delayed with the Covid-19 virus social isolation.
I may be totally wrong, but I still think that we are rolling with Fitz in 2020 and "the Beard" continues to pull the team together and he's so experienced that he can take the hits while the O-line hopefully comes together. Tua's job this year is to learn to be a professional from Fitz, learn how to read NFL Defenses, learn how Fitz inspires teammates through his tough gritty play, learn how to win the respect of all teammates, learn how to take a loss and handle the media like a true pro, learn, learn, learn while his body recovers 100%... Furthermore, I have zero problem in playing Rosen, if Fitz gets injured or craps the bed. Josh is the Dolphins low cost insurance.
Besides, Aaron Rodgers waited 3 years on the bench behind Favre. Tony Romo waited 2 years with a clipboard before he got his shot. Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Pat Mahomes all spent a year on the bench waiting, watching and learning before getting their respective opportunities to start. I believe in Tua, but we don't have to rush. Patience, in this case, is a virtue.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom