Let the negotiations begin | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let the negotiations begin

we don't need to sign every pick, just the guys who deserve it and the latests rounds the salary isn't a probleme, maybe they change the 'old' guys with high salaries and don't deserve it, for the less bad guys with a option to a very low salary.

Ronnie it's high draft pick, so, we need show the money but Miami got a plus, the city, the team, the coach, the history, the good job in RB and if Rick comeback who's got the best salary.
I think the best contract to the RBs it's the old contract with Ricky (state of art), very low in the cap, but full of incentives, so if you want money show me that you worth it.

Roth & Crowder maybe will be commplicated but we need this guys, we need to see the value of the each player and who's makes the team and who's don't

Nublar7 said:
Don't forget we may have to sign 7 draft picks instead of 6 if everything goes as planed on July 14th. :wink:

No we will sign 6 Vickerson should be cut.

I'm shocked that in this salary cap area where picks are generally slotted based on last year's #'s why these guys are not signed earlier. The draft was April!! What the hell have they been doing since then. Why wait! I'm not an NBA fan but they just had their draft and alot of these guys are already signed for this very reason. What is the point of waiting - they waste 3 months screwing around. You know what last year's pick got in the same slot - put the average markup for the new year and get a deal done. Seems simple enough. I understand the top 10 picks maybe tough but c'mon - if you are a 2nd rd pick or lower you should be signed by now.

The NFL and the Players ASSOC. haven't even even agreed on a extension of the present CBA, so this means we can't sign any contracts longer than 5yrs, and that means more money per year against the cap.

bigow said:
Maybe one of you can answer but i believe next year there won't be a cap number, it sounds crazy but i remember the that news and i'm pretty sure it hasn't been resolved

I heard that somewhere too

WooDaviDolphins said:
we don't need to sign every pick, just the guys who deserve it and the latests rounds the salary isn't a probleme, maybe they change the 'old' guys with high salaries and don't deserve it, for the less bad guys with a option to a very low salary.

Ronnie it's high draft pick, so, we need show the money but Miami got a plus, the city, the team, the coach, the history, the good job in RB and if Rick comeback who's got the best salary.
I think the best contract to the RBs it's the old contract with Ricky (state of art), very low in the cap, but full of incentives, so if you want money show me that you worth it.

Roth & Crowder maybe will be commplicated but we need this guys, we need to see the value of the each player and who's makes the team and who's don't

If it comes down to it I would rather these two guys than ronnie--I aint saying I dont want ronnie but I see difficuties with his contract

PatsSuck456 said:
No we will sign 6 Vickerson should be cut.
um, why? Sure he probably won't make the 53 man roster THIS year, but we should cut Vickerson only a few months after we drafted him? Look at Tony Pape, he didn't make the team last year, spent the year in Europe and got great experience. Pape probably won't make the team again this year, but with another year in NFLE he could be a good backup for us in 2006. Same thing could be true with Vickerson. Give him a few years to develop his skills and then decide what we should do with him. Nobody expects Vickerson to be great, but he could be a good backup/rotational player in a few years.

The NFLPA is the weekest of all PA's in pro sports, however due to that fact the NFL has also benifited the greatest and become the most popular sport in the country (this is nto hype this is fact) the NFLPA will work with tag to get a new deal in order. It is my personal opinion that i would like to see the PA force the NFl to give guarenteed money. But it won't happen. these guys now days have to hold out cause siging bonuses are the only guarenteed money they can get and teams still sue them to get that back. Contracts in the NFL are totally slated to the owners and not the players. I don't want to see a hold out or strike but i hope the NFLPA can pull some weight this time

awing_pilot said:
The NFLPA is the weekest of all PA's in pro sports, however due to that fact the NFL has also benifited the greatest and become the most popular sport in the country (this is nto hype this is fact) the NFLPA will work with tag to get a new deal in order. It is my personal opinion that i would like to see the PA force the NFl to give guarenteed money. But it won't happen. these guys now days have to hold out cause siging bonuses are the only guarenteed money they can get and teams still sue them to get that back. Contracts in the NFL are totally slated to the owners and not the players. I don't want to see a hold out or strike but i hope the NFLPA can pull some weight this time
Just for shyts and giggles, i wonder if there was no cap next year who would be the highest paying team and how much $$$$$$$$

bigow said:
Just for shyts and giggles, i wonder if there was no cap next year who would be the highest paying team and how much $$$$$$$$

Im sure the Redskins would be either at the top or really high up.

usf dolfan23 said:
Im sure the Redskins would be either at the top or really high up.
Have they always had the same owner? I read an interview with Joe Gibbs where he said that the owner in the 70's would bring in anyone if they felt they could win. Money wasn't an issue for them.
I imagine New England would be one of the lower-paying teams, and New Orleans would try to pay people in food stamps.

popularwar said:
Have they always had the same owner? I read an interview with Joe Gibbs where he said that the owner in the 70's would bring in anyone if they felt they could win. Money wasn't an issue for them.
I imagine New England would be one of the lower-paying teams, and New Orleans would try to pay people in food stamps.

No Dan Snyder their current owner bought them pretty recently, 6 or 7 years ago I believe.

Nublar7 said:
We have to sign our draft picks to contracts. Currently none of them are signed, so they have to start negotiations with each player's agent so they can sign and be in camp ontime. If they don't have a contract before the start of camp, they will not attend until they do.

Thanks, does any one kno who we signed cuz i kno this thread is like 2 days old?

Back
Top Bottom