Lets do a thread worth talkin for a while | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lets do a thread worth talkin for a while

Prime Time

Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!
Reaction score
Miami Dolphins are the best team in NFL now with the addition of CC. Unfortunately we lose Gadsden but.....I don't want to talk about that it's a 50/50 split decision from what i have read. Jay and Ray is old now. Yes Jay is better and now everyone knows he looks like Marino when Ray is in there....but how about this topic. Im gonna ask a ? so we can have something to talk about for 1 more week and i want every1s opinions.

If Miami ends up with their first round pick HOPEFULLY......who do you all think they will draft???

I have no clue!!! Im stumped on this one...how about all of you? Who would go # 1 overall fro the Miami Dolphins?

i kno for damn sure the bills arent seeing as they are in 2nd in AFC EAST behind MIAMI!

If there is a good QB available, I think he is drafted. Otherwise, I'm looking of an OL or a LB, regardless of what round our first pick is in......

Guys lets name what player we think will eb taken....

I see it this way. I think Sage is our QB of the future the guy looks very good. If we had a 1st round pick. We'd draft a Reciever, CB, or Offensive Lineman.

Nah, I think we're set at CB. Personally, I think of all of all our high-priced defensive players, Zach Thomas or Jason Taylor are the most likely to go, leaving our top 2 corners. I still don't think anyone is going to leave though. Our players have shown loyalty, especially these 4, and I think they will do whatever it takes to stick around.

Linebacker has shown to be our weakness, and I think that will be dealt with early in the draft.

I just read an interesting thing on PFT that says the Dolphins will pursue Jansen, the RT from the Redskins, when/if he becomes a free agent. What does that mean for Todd Wade? Would they insert Jansen at LT, moce Dixon back to LG, and put Nails at RG? I'm confused there.

Lastly, WR would also be a good pick. 2 young recievers to help take the pressure off of Ricky would do wonders......

ahem, the dolphins are the best team in the AFC, ifn they beat us now and in Jan. They'll best in NFL:p

What do y'all give up on the back end of the Rickey Williams trade? When we were in New Orleans for our game, the paper there had this "Rickey Meter" thing, they're tracking his ypg so you have to give up picks.

Some say this years draft will be rich with QBs, but hell, what was Feidler drafted, or even Favre? Its a tough transition from NCAA to the NFL for QB's. Buy Dorsey now!!

You have to look at LB if we pick late in the first round. We have no depth at LB, and 2 of our starters have yet to make a difference this season. LBs don't usually falling off the board untill the 2nd round, so I would think we take the leader of the pack with pick #32. If we move up or lose every game till Jay comes back, and pick in the middle of the draft you have to take LT. We don't have a true LT on our roster, and the ones worth picking are always gone by #15. It is hard to tell right now where we will even pick or who falls to us, but you have to think LB and T will be our first 2 picks.

I have another question to pose. Besides a QB and an obvious top 5 pick who would you guys want Miami to go after in the draft? My Choices would be:
Brett Williams LT Fla st
Ben Johnson LT Wis
Boss Bailey OLB Ga
DJ Williams(Jr) OLB UM
Jerome McDougle DE UM

Originally posted by fishnbadger
ahem, the dolphins are the best team in the AFC, ifn they beat us now and in Jan. They'll best in NFL:p

What do y'all give up on the back end of the Rickey Williams trade? When we were in New Orleans for our game, the paper there had this "Rickey Meter" thing, they're tracking his ypg so you have to give up picks.

Some say this years draft will be rich with QBs, but hell, what was Feidler drafted, or even Favre? Its a tough transition from NCAA to the NFL for QB's. Buy Dorsey now!!

If he hits 1200 yards it is a 2nd round pick, if he hits 1500 it is a first, less than 1200 it is a 3rd. I think the great QB class of 2003 is getting lighter and lighter by the day.

Well Jeez, Louise.....

You start a thread sayin, "Let's do a thread worth talkin about for awhile" in a bye week, and I thought it'd be something productive like the legalization of marijuana or something to better society. What the hell was I thinkin?:rolleyes:

I think we are set at WR and DB. Jay will be the starter at QB for at least another two years baring injury. If Lucas shakes off the funk they will pick a QB in the later round. Considering the number available there will be a few on the board late.

I see them going LB or O Line. Don't be fooled. They would replace Ruddy or Perry in an instant. The line is improved but still not a dominant unit. Remeber Kruetz in the off season?
A stud center or playmaker OLB would be the best choice early than a young QB next, followed by best available athlete. Names? Too early to tell who is coming out so it is hard to say. Ask again in January.

PS
Look for the defensive stars like Zach, Madison, Taylor to rework thier deals to stay with the team. The money they have made under those deals will take care of them for life. Its about the ring now. Especially if we go deep into the post season this year.

Originally posted by fin-atic
I think we are set at WR and DB. Jay will be the starter at QB for at least another two years baring injury. If Lucas shakes off the funk they will pick a QB in the later round. Considering the number available there will be a few on the board late.

I see them going LB or O Line. Don't be fooled. They would replace Ruddy or Perry in an instant. The line is improved but still not a dominant unit. Remeber Kruetz in the off season?
A stud center or playmaker OLB would be the best choice early than a young QB next, followed by best available athlete. Names? Too early to tell who is coming out so it is hard to say. Ask again in January.

PS
Look for the defensive stars like Zach, Madison, Taylor to rework thier deals to stay with the team. The money they have made under those deals will take care of them for life. Its about the ring now. Especially if we go deep into the post season this year.

I think you forgot we used our 1st pick of last year on the C McKinnie, so I doubt a center is taken. I over looked WR in my first post. Carter will likely be gone, Gadsen gone, and I doubt we pay McKnight another couple mill to be our #3-4 guy, so WR is something that will deffinitly be looked at. How about Bolden from Fla St? He doesn't have the 4.3 speed to be a first round pick, but I think his game speed is right where it needs to be and he is huge playmaker. It will hard to grasp how the WR corp looks untill the Jr dedicide sine Roy Williams is a Jr, Kelly Washington-Jr, Bolden-Jr, and Reggie Williams who may declare is a So.

Back
Top Bottom