Lets do a thread worth talkin for a while | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lets do a thread worth talkin for a while

I disagree... next year will be Fiedlers last season as a Dolphin. The way the contract is set up, he will most likely get cut after next season otherwise he will be a huge cap hit. We need to pick up our QB of the future next year to train under Jay. There are quite a few good QB in next years draft... what do you think about...
here is what i feel are good rankings for them

Priority 1
QB
Byron Leftwich (Marshall) will be gone...
Eli Manning (JR) (Ole Miss) will be gone if he enters the draft
Dave Ragone (Louisville) gone, but may fall to us if we are lucky or his stock drops
Ken Dorsey (Miami)
Rex Grossman (JR) (Florida) a fine addition if he makes it to us
Chris Simms (Texas) is borderline too, but I hope he isnt the best QB on the board when we pick.
But I think our guy will have to be Carson Palmer (USC).

Priority 2
OLB
DJ Williams (Miami) might make it to the late first round (doubtful)
Boss Bailey (Georgia) If we cant nail one of those QBs up there... we should get this guy if he is at #32.
Not much talent at LB this early.

Priority 3
OT
Untouchables
Gordon Gross (Utah)
Kwame Harris (JR) (Stanford)
Touchable
Brett Williams (Florida State)
Not a high year for OT

Priority 4
OG
The only guards I can see us getting are Derrick Dockery (Texas)_ or Vince Monuwai (Hawaii)

Priority 5
WR
There is actually a lot of talent at WR in this draft.
I think 3 of the top picks can be WR, though a lot of them are JRs.
Here are the untouchable (who knows, maybe a trade will get us a pick high enough.)
Charles Rogers (JR) (Michigan State)
Roy Williams (JR) (Texas)
Kelley Washington (JR) (Tennessee)
Andre Johnson (JR) (Miami)
Darius Watts (Marshall)

Touchables
Lee Evans (Wisconsin) (may red-shirt)
Brandon Lloyd (JR) (Illinois)
Rashaun Woods (JR) (Oklahoma State)

Other Option
S Mike Doss (Ohio State)

Keep an eye on these guys this season... they might be future Dolphins!

We would have to lose every game for the rest of the season to have a shot at one of the 3 QBs worth taking(Leftwitch, Ragone, Manning is he leaves but that is doubtfull.) Dorsey will slip to the 4-6th round he just doesn't have the awarenes, size, or arm strength to be a NFL QB. Grossman is slipping while we talk. He has looked horrible this year in the pocket, shot arming passes, throwing off his back foot, and just panicking under preasure. He has great arm strength, but his 6'1'' size may hurt him. Chris Simms has everything you look for in a combine, but nothing you look for on the feild. He hasn't won a big game, and his team just doesn't rally around him. It is probably the wrong assement, but everyone will be thinking Leaf come draft day.

I am liking Boss Bailey. His size will make him slip to us if we want him, but he can always add weight, but you can never obtain the intangibles this kid has. So quick and always knows where the ball will be before it is snapped. Very Similar situation to Zach when he came out.

Originally posted by Dolphins2002
Miami Dolphins are the best team in NFL now with the addition of CC.

Oh Pleeaase! He hasn't played a game for crying out loud.
Have you heard of the Chargers and Raiders? Oh and yeah, KC beat you. We'll see how you guys do against the Packers. "The best in the NFL." LMAO! That's really funny!

"ahem, the dolphins are the best team in the AFC, ifn they beat us now and in Jan."

Like I said, Raiders and Chargers.

"i kno for damn sure the bills arent seeing as they are in 2nd in AFC EAST behind MIAMI!"

We're not talking about the bills but while we're at it sure we are 2nd but I wouldn't even go as far as to say the bills are better than the Pats.We haven't played them yet. We are bills fans but we're not making biased comments.

Just because you got Carter you already think you're the best, you're just lying to yourselves.

I agree about Bailey as well, OLB is proving to be this Defenses achilles heel and he could step right in and start and be an impact next to Zach... question is... who does he replace? Greenwood or Rodgers?

Originally posted by Barbarian
I agree about Bailey as well, OLB is proving to be this Defenses achilles heel and he could step right in and start and be an impact next to Zach... question is... who does he replace? Greenwood or Rodgers?

Rodgers due to big salary and less than big play.

Greenwood doesnt play that much due to the setup of the defenses... obviously we would rid Rodgers because we shoudltn pay that much money for someone who doesnt play a good portion of the downs.
I would also like to see Brett Williams too... would provide a bookend for this offensive line... an OG would be good too.
Here is the order:
1. OLB Boss Bailey
2. OT Brett Williams
3. OG Derrick Dockery
4. OG Vince Monuwai
5. QB Carson Palmer

Back
Top Bottom