Lets say the dolphins manage a winning season this year..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lets say the dolphins manage a winning season this year.....

We have done this before. We won the AFCE in this regimes first year. Then what? So if the team finds something this year, it's because of the coach? I dont think so.
The fans will not forget the painful days between a Sunday loss to the next Sunday, which is a loss, to next Sunday, well, you get it.
Ireland and Sparano have left an ilk, a funk on the walls of Dolphin HQ. If Ross wants them back, so be it. But mostly all Fin fans know what LI and TS are. And they are not dynasty makers.

Okay, we'll play this game...again.

Who would you consider a "Dynasty maker"?

We have done this before. We won the AFCE in this regimes first year. Then what? So if the team finds something this year, it's because of the coach? I dont think so.
So, when the team loses it's the coaches fault. If they win, the coach gets no credit?

The fans will not forget the painful days between a Sunday loss to the next Sunday, which is a loss, to next Sunday, well, you get it.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the whole point of this thread is what if the dolphins have a winning season, which would imply that This Monday would be a win, the following Sunday would be a win, the Sunday after that, another Win.

The first four games of the season would be forgotten if the Dolphins end the season with a winning record.

Nope, I was actually pooh-poohing the idea that it's a forgone conclusion that Sparano gets fired, 4 games into the season, ESPECIALLY if he were able to win the Superbowl.

I think he's safe even if we only make the playoffs....and I don't think that's an impossible reality at all.
I suppose its possible they could accomplish all those things I mentioned that are required to turn this thing around within a few games, but if I had the option of betting on the long shot of getting Andrew Luck vs the longer shot of Sparano and Co. being able to turn this thing around this season, I'd take the former every time.

Okay, we'll play this game...again.

Who would you consider a "Dynasty maker"?

Oh ok, I didn't know I was playing..But since you say we are, I'll play. Let's try this. You and I cannot predict the future and who will make this team the next great Dynasty. I'm sure if the Jets KNEW Belichik was going to create a dynasty they would have kept him. So I cannot say who that person(s) would be. But I can say with great confidence that Jeff Ireland and Tony Sparano do NOT make dynasty candidates. They've had years to take Parcells' failed formula and make it work. Marshall did great in Denver, Dansby did great in 'Zona, what happened? Did they just all of a sudden suck?
There's MY opinion.

Back
Top Bottom