Lets talk Brad Childress, C. Henne and West Coast Offense. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lets talk Brad Childress, C. Henne and West Coast Offense.

The perfect guy for that is Jake Locker he specializes on throwing on the run.

i was thinking about that earlier today or even thigpen would be an option or even possibly VY or McNabb (who childress has coached before)

I think V. Young is more suited for a WCO. Not saying that I am for or against signing him. The Dolphins have always ran the more traditional pro-style offense with a solid ground game. It would be interesting if we made the switch. We'd be the first in our division.

The big thing in a WCO is timing between the WR's and QB's, also I believe the big difference is in a regular pro offense you throw to the WR once he breaks on his route and you throw it to where the WR is, in a WCO you throw to a specific area of the field where the WR is suppose to be (not directly to the WR) and its the WR's job to be there; thus why the timing in a WCO is so very important.

The whole west coast offense thing is overblow. EVERY team in the NFL has a few pages from the west coast offense in thier own playbooks. Its pretty much a staple on every team now, and is not just exclusive to the Walsh coaching tree. I dont really think having a WCO background would make any bit of difference on Chad Henne. I really hope we dont hire Chilly though.

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

The big thing in a WCO is timing between the WR's and QB's, also I believe the big difference is in a regular pro offense you throw to the WR once he breaks on his route and you throw it to where the WR is, in a WCO you throw to a specific area of the field where the WR is suppose to be (not directly to the WR) and its the WR's job to be there; thus why the timing in a WCO is so very important.

You do that in every offense, not just WC.

Thiggy could work ... Henne would be an even worse disaster than he already is. He's inaccurate, a terrible reader of defenses and isn't mobile.
FTR ... I'd like the West Coast Offense but I wouldn't want Chilly. He's been a lot like Henning in that he gets tunnel vision with his play calling. He becomes very predictable.

So ...
1) No to Henne and Chilly
2) No we don't --- we need at least one burner and the jury is still out on whether or not Hartline, Wallace and Moore can get seperation. *Hartline I think can ... I'd like to see him with another OC.
3) We'd match up well because in theory because to be successful, you have to hit quick, clean passes that lead the WR away from the defender into open territory, putting the defender in "chase" mode, therefore reducing those good DB's opportunity to "jump" routes.
4) No although some of the plays when they move Brady around do resemble aspect of the WCO. Brady is deadly accurate and can throw with being in the proper body position. Still, he's more comfortable in the pocket.
You do realize that Thig has a career completion percentage of 54% compared to Hennes 61% and Henne has a higher yards per completeion, before someone tries to throw that out there. This isn't a Henne support thread, but a reply that says Thig would work and that Henne wouldn't when Thigs numbers are much worse. Being able to run is great, but a 54% completion QB would stink it up in the WCO.

In our 80's and 90's hayday, i would have never thought i would have seen the Fins running a 3/4 defense and a west coast offense.
Many how things have changed.
Chubbs

You do realize that Thig has a career completion percentage of 54% compared to Hennes 61% and Henne has a higher yards per completeion, before someone tries to throw that out there. This isn't a Henne support thread, but a reply that says Thig would work and that Henne wouldn't when Thigs numbers are much worse. Being able to run is great, but a 54% completion QB would stink it up in the WCO.

Well I'm not a big Thiggy fan ... but you're kidding right?

The question was about the WCO. Mobilty is one of the main elements of the required criterion. Henne's overblown 61% completion rate would shrink expeditiously in that system.

Watch Part 6 of the Bill Walsh Guide to Quarterbacking videos and you'll see exactly how play action passing is supposed to be run. I guarantee you Dan Henning nor David Lee worked on any of the fundamentals with Chad Henne that Coach Walsh just demonstrated with Montana.

Well I'm not a big Thiggy fan ... but you're kidding right?

The question was about the WCO. Mobilty is one of the main elements of the required criterion. Henne's overblown 61% completion rate would shrink expeditiously in that system.

Mobility? The WCO is about getting rid of the ball quickly and accurately. If run correctly there should be no time for mobility. Warner ran this perfect and he is not at all mobile.

Watch Part 6 of the Bill Walsh Guide to Quarterbacking videos and you'll see exactly how play action passing is supposed to be run. I guarantee you Dan Henning nor David Lee worked on any of the fundamentals with Chad Henne that Coach Walsh just demonstrated with Montana.

could you see henning down there on the field during practice working through this stuff with our players? I feel like I learned more from watching this video than henning taught henne all season.

could you see henning down there on the field during practice working through this stuff with our players? I feel like I learned more from watching this video than henning taught henne all season.

I could see Henning down on the field soiling his Depends, and rambling incoherently about apple sauce for no apparent reason. Teaching the fundamentals of play action passing? Nope, can't see it. Which is why we didn't see it with Henne or Thigpen.

if we bring in orton or mcnabb it would be match made in heaven, major dad

Back
Top Bottom