Lets talk Brad Childress, C. Henne and West Coast Offense. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lets talk Brad Childress, C. Henne and West Coast Offense.

It's not that I would believe henne would be inaccurate, i think the reason he would be a complete fail at the WCO because of his hesitant decision making, you need a ballsy qb that wouldn't be afraid to throw it into coverage

Henne is nowhere near accurate enough to run the West Coast Offense. Putting Henne in the WCO would be more of a trainwreck than what we saw this past year.

really? you honestly think it could get worse than what we saw this year on offense? I know Hennes not mobile and not really that accurate but give him an OC who puts more than 2 receivers on the field and lets him open it up. I wouldnt mind seeing a better QB so dont get me wrong but i just have a hard time believing that Henne would be worse in Childresses offense than Dan Hennings...its just very hard to believe if you ask me.

really? you honestly think it could get worse than what we saw this year on offense? I know Hennes not mobile and not really that accurate but give him an OC who puts more than 2 receivers on the field and lets him open it up. I wouldnt mind seeing a better QB so dont get me wrong but i just have a hard time believing that Henne would be worse in Childresses offense than Dan Hennings...its just very hard to believe if you ask me.

Maybe Henne throws even more interceptions in a pass friendlier offense.

I like the idea of going WCO, I think the new rules make it even more effective if executed properly.

Henne is not the guy for it IMO, I'd like to see us bring Young in, Keep Thigpen and draft Locker(being a QB that would fit the style that will realistically be there when we draft).

Mobility? The WCO is about getting rid of the ball quickly and accurately. If run correctly there should be no time for mobility. Warner ran this perfect and he is not at all mobile.

Sorry, but as X-Pacolypse pointed out ... Martz ran Zampese's version of the (Sid) Gillman- (Don) "AIR" Coryell offense.

Another offensive scheme Henne would suck in, btw.

i think it really involves a QB that can scramble and throw on the run, which henne isnt that

Where are you getting this from? The WCO is most effective from a QB that can sit in the pocket, scan the field quickly and place the ball where he wants it and needs it to be. Joe Montana was the best at it. Elway adapted to it under Shanahan late in his career when he stopped feeling the need to scramble and become a much more effective pocket passer. Aaron Rodgers is much more effective when he sits in the pocket and has time to throw.

A scrambling QB negates any offensive stategy. Running around like a chicken with your head cut off is effective on occasion but not as the norm. The only time you want to use a QB that can scramble is if the O-line can't block worth a crap and you need an athletic QB than can roll out away from the pressure to make a play. You don't design a whole offense with QB roll outs.

Where are you getting this from? The WCO is most effective from a QB that can sit in the pocket, scan the field quickly and place the ball where he wants it and needs it to be. Joe Montana was the best at it. Elway adapted to it under Shanahan late in his career when he stopped feeling the need to scramble and become a much more effective pocket passer. Aaron Rodgers is much more effective when he sits in the pocket and has time to throw.

A scrambling QB negates any offensive stategy. Running around like a chicken with your head cut off is effective on occasion but not as the norm. The only time you want to use a QB that can scramble is if the O-line can't block worth a crap and you need an athletic QB than can roll out away from the pressure to make a play. You don't design a whole offense with QB roll outs.

There's a misinterpretation of mobility going on here.

The WCO requires mobility because it is a quick read/throw offense that calls for three step drops ... IF the passing lane is not there or the reciever is covered ... the QB MUST be mobile in order to re-set in the pocket. Whether that means backwards, left or right.

Henne does not possess that skill people. He's a tank.

geeez.

Well I'm not a big Thiggy fan ... but you're kidding right?

The question was about the WCO. Mobilty is one of the main elements of the required criterion. Henne's overblown 61% completion rate would shrink expeditiously in that system.
Once again, this is not a Henne support thread for the WCO. However, suggesting Thigpen could work when his numbers are worse is funny. If Henne's completion percentage is overblown, then Thigs whose yards per completion is even lower than Hennes with a much worse completion percentage would translate even worse to a WCO. The WCO is based on quick reads and accruacy, not how fast a guy can run.

henning ran the most basic offense for us...henne couldnt even grasp that...no need to waste our time with this bum..

when you talk about mobility we arent just talking about the ability to run for yards, talking about footwork and movement in the pocket as well...henne doesnt have that either..cant work with em cant play with em...

Henne really isn't a WCO QB, but the funny thing is all of our WRs fit in the WCO great. We would still need an athletic TE, and receiving threats out of the backfield at both FB and RB

Once again, this is not a Henne support thread for the WCO. However, suggesting Thigpen could work when his numbers are worse is funny. If Henne's completion percentage is overblown, then Thigs whose yards per completion is even lower than Hennes with a much worse completion percentage would translate even worse to a WCO. The WCO is based on quick reads and accruacy, not how fast a guy can run.

Rather than repeating myself, let me just say that Henne sucks ...he can't read defenses. He's not accurate and running speed has nothing to do with mobility. His accuracy rating means nothing to me when discussing the WCO.

Back
Top Bottom